Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 6:05 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

I meant the top 10. 

At least be specific 

"Who cares about Flopnight? It spent like several weeks on the Hot 100."

On 9/10/2024 at 7:04 PM, ReadyGaga said:

"Don't have any significant impact" and we were talking about longevity...

Nobody cares about "longevity." A bunch of fans mass-streaming your old songs/old songs appearing on bigger playlists won't have any real-world impact.   

Arguing that some random track is bigger than Bad Guy (which was the biggest hit of the year with nearly 20 million units) is peak delusion. This song was everywhere, and the fact that it doesn't get impressive recurrent streams on Spotify doesn't mean anything. 

You are an obvious troll. Muted.   

Edited by lookwhatyoumademedo
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 6:07 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Nobody cares about "longevity." A bunch of fans mass-streaming your old songs/old songs appearing on old playlists won't have any real-world impact.   

Arguing that some random track is bigger than Bad Guy (which was the biggest hit of the year with nearly 20 million units) is peak delusion. This song was everywhere, and the fact that it doesn't get impressive recurrent streams on Spotify doesn't mean anything. 

You are an obvious troll. Muted.   

"Procede to define troll someone that want say his opinion" isn't it censure ?

Popster to Popster 4,613

Phoenix is masterful, and he and Gaga make an awesome screen team. She is sublime. Het role is smaller than expected, but she makes the most of it and delivers her best screenperformance to date.

The new positive review on Rotten. 

• paws up 13
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 7
  • love 3

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 9/10/2024 at 9:29 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Your opinion = subjective. 
The numbers = not subjective. 

The reality is that she struck gold with this album. It's a super acclaimed commercial juggernaut that is as big as her debut. She will probably win her second AOTY with this.   

all that won't change the fact that this album offers nothing new melodically or lyrically its just the same formula of her first album n half of the album is so generic melodically n borderline annoying

I could eat that girl for lunch yeah she dances on my tongue is the worst line of the year 

Popster This Way 897
On 9/10/2024 at 10:41 PM, Adarsh said:

The way HOG was actually a successful movie but little monsters started this narrative that it’s a flop just because Gaga didn’t get an Oscar nomination. And then everyone else on stan twitter started repeating that and it became a thing online. Looks like they are doing the same for this movie too and I simply don’t understand why.

exactly, HoG is definitely a commercial success and a culture phenomenon at a time. Image having two movies crossing 100M in a row....that's an achievement that most actress dream for a lifetime but never get.

She even managed to secure a Best Leading Actress award for that role, when other fellow academy awards winner won RAZZIE, the only thing she lacked during that award season is Oscar nom but that's all. Overall it's still a very successful milestone for her acting career.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,098
On 9/10/2024 at 12:13 PM, Leptine said:

Phoenix is masterful, and he and Gaga make an awesome screen team. She is sublime. Het role is smaller than expected, but she makes the most of it and delivers her best screenperformance to date.

The new positive review on Rotten. 

WE'RE BACK. MELTDOWNING WAS SO LAST WEEK. shocked oprah winfrey GIF

• lol 8

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 9/10/2024 at 6:03 PM, Hags Labs said:

The sudden spam over a taylor/billie dispute... ENOUGH :overit:

which topic would you prefer? Gaga flopping on radio or Gaga flopping on cinemas? :jailga:

• lol 9

Popster to Popster 3,696
On 9/10/2024 at 12:11 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

Linkin Park track might be a threath

They coming out of nowhere... This song is doing 1M in Germany alone and they're going to have their biggest peak on the UK chart since 2007. The Weeknd coming back... Why can't we shine alone? :stopga:

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 897
On 9/10/2024 at 11:34 PM, Lazz Monster said:

It’s not just fans, Grace also says it was a flop BO-wise

i definitely don’t agree that it was a “waste of time”, it did wonders for her career as an actress, I’ll always defend this movie

but we gotta be honest, it had a $75M budget and the general rule of thumb is that, for a movie to just break even, it needs to make 2-2.5x its budget, so with a gross of $166M, we can’t say it was a box office hit at all

(I actually love the movie btw, I’m really not hating on it)

Let's not forget it was released during covid time.

Cruella was also released at the same year, it grossed 200M internationally with a budget of more than 110M, it was considered a mild hit from Disney at that year.

• paws up 4