Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Moderator 7,818
On 9/10/2024 at 4:46 PM, Jeroin2000 said:

I've discovered the charts thread when the Cure was released. I have been reading every single page since. I have experienced many things in here. A radio smash was not one of them. I was confident in DWAS. I was humbled. I still have faith, definitely. Fingers crossed 🤞 

::-O: You found The Cure with us?

(in the sound of the lyrics of the song)

• lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 22,756
On 9/10/2024 at 5:41 PM, Adarsh said:

The way HOG was actually a successful movie but little monsters started this narrative that it’s a flop just because Gaga didn’t get an Oscar nomination. And then everyone else on stan twitter started repeating that and it became a thing online. Looks like they are doing the same for this movie too and I simply don’t understand why.

i can’t wait to see liddos switch if it becomes a box office smash :mess:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 3
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,095
On 9/10/2024 at 10:46 AM, Jeroin2000 said:

I've discovered the charts thread when the Cure was released. I have been reading every single page since. I have experienced many things in here. A radio smash was not one of them. I was confident in DWAS. I was humbled. I still have faith, definitely. Fingers crossed 🤞 

We're all about to get some serious movie humblage. Dark days ahead, sisteren. 

Spoiler

:jailga:

Popster to Popster 3,694
On 9/10/2024 at 10:11 AM, Thrasher said:

#8 (+13) Brazil *new peak*

And Bruno will do 15 shows here in less than a month. :excited: I hope he sings DWAS in every show. 

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 2

Moderator 7,818
On 9/10/2024 at 4:52 PM, Osama said:

And Bruno will do 15 shows here in less than a month. :excited: I hope he sings DWAS in every show. 

As he performs it in Asia rn, I think he just added it to his playlist. 

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,095
On 9/10/2024 at 10:47 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

https://x.com/jeremyjlop/status/1833446830069146099?s=46&t=oFJfO97tnSJTij6Q86z69Q

International Pre sales for #JokerFolieADeux  are comparatively great : In Brazil, Joker's 1st 24hours of presales are 10x Alien Romulus, 4x Furiosa, and 1/7th of Deadpool & Wolverine. 

In South Korea, presales indicate it will be huge, likely achieving 10+ million admissions if Word of Mouth is good.

Some better news 

It seems like the less industry insider you are, the more you enjoy the movie. Could be positive wom carries it. :oops:

• paws up 2
  • lol 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 9/10/2024 at 4:49 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

biggest gainer if we ignore the songs that gained more than us :applause:

• lol 4

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 9/10/2024 at 3:41 PM, Adarsh said:

The way HOG was actually a successful movie but little monsters started this narrative that it’s a flop

The liddos are amazing with narratives it has to be said. Although most of the time it’s irritating -I always say we should be employed by a political party :talent:

Gucci’s pre sales were amazing i remember that. It was just the  didn’t push it into the Oscar’s offsetting the mixed response esp as the BO was under a Covid climate and it was bigger globally not domestically.

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

Moderator 7,818
On 9/10/2024 at 4:55 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

I guess Gaga's mission to get him out of debts succeed!

JK

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 13,394
On 9/10/2024 at 10:51 PM, boobatella said:

i can’t wait to see liddos switch if it becomes a box office smash :mess:

I can almost guarantee they would’ve trashed DWAS if it wasn’t a hit. Called it hag music etc  :mess:

• thanks 6
  • lol 4

Popster to Popster 3,694
On 9/10/2024 at 10:56 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

INLA was never pushed. Look what i found was on TTH.

they did a radio edit cause originally they were gonna go with lead. It has 500m+ combined streams, 400m YT and it probably is outstreaming many hits from 2018 in daily streams.  
Although I do agree it’s kinda forgotten esp looking  ARUTW/Shallows smashery, her ballads are good for theirs streams now vs. actual chart runs/peaks  the time   💋

They should have added INLA instead of LWIF on TTH (and released ARUTW and INLA as second and third single). Dumb decisions.

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,694
On 9/10/2024 at 11:08 AM, ConnorFilm said:

Idk. Maybe radio really is just slow to getting on board. My local radio station, 104.1 KRBE, was only playing DWAS once or twice a day for weeks. Recently, they've been playing it more. It was played three times yesterday and four times on Sunday.  

Request it.

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,827
On 9/10/2024 at 11:41 AM, Adarsh said:

The way HOG was actually a successful movie but little monsters started this narrative that it’s a flop just because Gaga didn’t get an Oscar nomination. And then everyone else on stan twitter started repeating that and it became a thing online. Looks like they are doing the same for this movie too and I simply don’t understand why.

Exactly! Apparently to some fans if she doesnt get Oscar nominated then the movie is a "flop" and she "wasted 2 years" of her career doing the movie. Every actors has its up and downs, and a lot of them only have a few Oscars actually. Gaga being acclaimed 3 roles in a row + having box office success (Joker will be her biggest one, hello?) is already insane.

And that comes from someone who is obsessed with following her awards records

• thanks 3
  • love 1