Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster This Way 701
On 9/10/2024 at 2:13 PM, Dean Judaster said:

It's like they say they don't do payola but they manipulate the callout scores to look like they're being fair/objective lol anyways I'm sure the radio pundits will have an explanation

In my opinion they Don t even ask people about the songs.. The dj decides what he likes and he plays it

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 9/10/2024 at 1:17 PM, Max_Vandeburg said:

A must-read:

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/pay-for-play-radio-texts-1067691/

"And when a label was unwilling to pay? A text from Zap warned the radio station not to take directions from the record company. 'Please don’t let Interscope dictate anything to you,' he wrote. 'They don’t pay me sh!t.'"

But Billie and Sabrina songs smash radio and they’re on interacope.  
It’s frustrating but she’s #1 AM USA daily chart and #2 Spotify, we’ve been in situations like this where we needed radio to save its free falling on other platforms. Guess we just have to let it go and hope it keeps growing on that chart so they don’t give up on it all together 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,079
On 9/10/2024 at 3:35 PM, BenG said:

Maybe it’s time for us to do the RTM survey :icant:

I remember doing that for Perfect Illusion and Million Reasons nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :icant:

I was doing it at 7am while going to high school on the bus :icant:

• lol 4

The Fame Popster 370
On 9/10/2024 at 2:34 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

But Billie and Sabrina songs smash radio and they’re on interacope.  
It’s frustrating but she’s #1 AM USA daily chart and #2 Spotify, we’ve been in situations like this where we needed radio to save its free falling on other platforms. Guess we just have to let it go and hope it keeps growing on that chart so they don’t give up on it all together 

Sabrina is on Island Records though. 

ARTPOPster 1,770
On 9/10/2024 at 9:43 AM, nattuggla89 said:

Sabrina is on Island Records though. 

a bilie also barely gets played on the radio

thats why she has very few top 10s, even though she has many hits

The Fame Popster 482

The US is not the only place on the planet. Even without it we would still be #1 Global on Spotify, so I'm not worried about how DWAS does there. However, the sad part is that this shows the corruption of radio and how 4 rats can define the trajectory of a song. 

Now everyone give DWAS a Stream 💋

• paws up 10

Popster This Way 701
On 9/10/2024 at 2:44 PM, Aloe said:

This is what gaga meant when she wanted to explode in her thirties (i.e BOMB) :bradley:

She is almost 40..radio won t play her anymore... I Don t understand why radio plays Beyoncé so much.. 

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 1:14 PM, Imtired1616 said:

What was Dula doing with this single cover? I never noticed how odd it was? :icant: 

She sould release illusion as lead single, Houdini would have been an amazing second single but illusion sound like a mega hit (the same level of Don't Start Now) 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 1:14 PM, Imtired1616 said:

What was Dula doing with this single cover? I never noticed how odd it was? :icant: 

She sould release illusion as lead single, Houdini would have been an amazing second single but illusion sound like a mega hit (the same level of Don't Start Now) 

Edited by ReadyGaga

ARTPOPster 1,079
On 9/10/2024 at 3:47 PM, Hags Labs said:

I mean even Katy’s fanbase always finds a way to make fun of her flop era and they have it 100x worse than a mediocre radio update for DWAS… So yall need to CHILL 

DWAS is not a flop by any metrics, I think most users like me are joking :romance:

ARTPOPster 1,770
On 9/10/2024 at 9:47 AM, Hags Labs said:

I mean even Katy’s fanbase always finds a way to make fun of her flop era and they have it 100x worse than a mediocre radio update for DWAS… So yall need to CHILL 

the thing is gaga is not flopping

the constant she is over jokes are so overdone and its over the most smalls things

• paws up 3
  • thanks 2