Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 4,595
On 9/9/2024 at 1:53 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

As if Joker 1 was pushing 90 on MC and RT, like seriously. You're overdramatic 

It was in a better situation after Venice tho, 75 on MC and high 80s on Rotten, it won Golden Lion, it made more noise in general whereas this one got a lukewarm reception because even the positive reactions you can tell they’re not really that enthusiastic in general.

Even if Manicure sounded kind of dramatic, I think he’s right overall, awards chances are extremely low and dead right now, we shouldn’t have any expectations-hope. 

• paws up 3
  • sad 1
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 9/9/2024 at 8:04 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Fun fact I always found her atrocious in a crap movie. HoG is like in top 3 of the WORST movies I ever watch. You were surprised she didn't get the Oscar nomination ? Like seriously ?

Are you Todd Philipps? :billie:

HOG smashed all the precursors nominations, the only people who were not expecting an Oscar Nom was OGHs.. are you an OGH? :billie:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,246
On 9/9/2024 at 8:10 AM, Leptine said:

It was in a better situation after Venice tho, 75 on MC and high 80s on Rotten, it won Golden Lion, it made more noise in general whereas this one got a lukewarm reception because even the positive reactions you can tell they’re not really that enthusiastic in general.

Even if Manicure sounded kind of dramatic, I think he’s right overall, awards chances are extremely low and dead right now, we shouldn’t have any expectations-hope. 

Yeah the situations are honestly so different they’re not even comparable whatsoever :tea: I forgot to mention that the first WON the Golden Lion lol

this could sneak in a couple of techs I’ll give people that.  And I love being dramatic :disappointed:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,595
On 9/9/2024 at 1:53 PM, danwasd said:

Razzies :gaycat:

On 9/9/2024 at 1:58 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

Certainly not for Gaga since her performance is being praised thankfully. 

If this enters in the Red territory on MC with the next reviews and underperformed at the box office, the Razzies could totally happen, so far we’re walking on a glass pavement lol 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,464
On 9/9/2024 at 2:11 PM, FRANZGA said:

Are you Todd Philipps? :billie:

HOG smashed all the precursors nominations, the only people who were not expecting an Oscar Nom was OGHs.. are you an OGH? :billie:

I'm the biggest Gaga hater, you didn't know ?

Popster to Popster 3,095
On 9/9/2024 at 6:52 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

I promise all of you. The sooner you let go of hope and faith you have in JFAD doing anything other than having a decent box office the sooner. This isn’t gonna do anything at the major awards. NOTHING.

Painfully obvious since they announced it. People forget that at the end of the day, it's still just a comic book movie. 

Popster to Popster 4,595
On 9/9/2024 at 2:00 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

Yeah our best bet is for the movie to actually be enjoyable and a box office hit. It's not Gaga's time for an acting Oscar, which is fine, but particularly frustrating since apparently it could be if her director didn't sideline her. And everything about this sounded brilliant on paper.

Anyway, speaking of BO, have the pre-sales started? Any way to track that? 

Presales start today, we should have a real hint of box office chances in the upcoming hours or days.

• paws up 4

Popster to Popster 4,595

Watch also ‘Wicked’ that has been dismissed the past months in awards boards getting acclaimed or well received :mess:

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 9/9/2024 at 9:23 AM, Leptine said:

Watch also ‘Wicked’ that has been dismissed the past months in awards boards getting acclaimed or well received :mess:

they still need to sell tickets cause a Musical :laughga:

ARTPOPster 1,770
On 9/9/2024 at 9:26 AM, Emi said:

they still need to sell tickets cause a Musical :laughga:

But people who like wicked know what they are getting

Unlike joker... the incels might hate it

Popster to Popster 3,095
On 9/9/2024 at 7:23 AM, Leptine said:

No reason it shouldn't.  Act 1 of the show is amazing. Act 2 is toilet water. That's the one everyone should be worried about. 

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 9/9/2024 at 9:31 AM, sugden said:

But people who like wicked know what they are getting

Unlike joker... the incels might hate it

in the worst scenario, even if they hate Gaga will go to see Joaquin playing the Joker

we r safe me thinks

Popster to Popster 4,595
On 9/9/2024 at 2:03 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Oh I absolutely agree :giveup: let’s hope for an amazing box office and I’m sure the next role will be chosen with that in mind. I don’t see her getting shafted for a 3rd time in a row. I have a feeling she’s VERY AWARE of the reviews that HoG got and now JFAD and she must be telling her movie agent “listen, we really need to pick the next one correctly, I want and deserve to be the focus of my next acting project” 

I really hope she advocates for herself and doesn’t just settle for a role

Her next role-project absolutely needs to be chosen carefully and she needs to be the only lead. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 9/9/2024 at 8:23 PM, Leptine said:

Reverse warholian expedition

Popster to Popster 3,095
On 9/9/2024 at 7:21 AM, Leptine said:

Presales start today, we should have a real hint of box office chances in the upcoming hours or days.

Tickets go on sale in 20 minutes. There's only a couple Imaxs in my area for the Sept 30 preview, so I'm PERCHED. :arguega:

• paws up 1