Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster for Sale 44,328

It's crazy that we just now surpassed Lana. Her streaming success actually impresses me more than Taylor because she did that without ever chasing hits, pandering to radio or really making any notable effort to be a mainstream presence other than just releasing music frequently.

• paws up 14
  • thanks 4

A Popster Is Born 12,762
On 9/7/2024 at 9:54 AM, OreoÀDeux said:

It's crazy that we just now surpassed Lana. Her streaming success actually impresses me more than Taylor because she did that without ever chasing hits, pandering to radio or really making any notable effort to be a mainstream presence other than just releasing music frequently.

Gaga used to always be above lama, then in 2021 as tiktok went from rap/RnB focus to pop she really started thriving - Gen Z discovered her. She was also releasing music regularly which is always her brand so it fuelled Born To Die. Interscope took note of her, and then she did did collabs and now she’s always top 10.

Lana and Charli got their flowers 

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,522
On 9/7/2024 at 2:31 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Gaga used to always be above lama, then in 2021 as tiktok went from rap/RnB focus to pop she really started thriving - Gen Z discovered her. She was also releasing music regularly which is always her brand so it fuelled Born To Die. Interscope took note of her, and then she did did collabs and now she’s always top 10.

Also the fact that lana always comes with great albums after 2-3 album cycle she is extremely innovative with her songwriting n dare i say that her production style is also very unique i mean lets say white mustang or art deco or west coast

She got that authenticity no wonder her music blew up all at once

• thanks 1

On 9/7/2024 at 12:01 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

They are not really comparable lol. Virtually any Lana album is bigger than Charli's entire career lol, and BTD is like at 17 million CSPC. I mean, even Brat is pretty much a flop era if you don't include that Billie remix. It did not do much apart from the memes. But I still enjoy this album.    

Popster for Sale 44,328
On 9/7/2024 at 10:01 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

We can always frame it like this:

Gaga ahead of Lana on spotify despite of the fact that Gaga only released a studio album in the 20s and they released the same amount of music this year (a high profile collab) :applause:

Edited by OreoÀDeux
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,591

Lana's last good album was Ultraviolence (her best). After that, she has been re-releasing the same album and she only blew up on streaming because straight girls connect with her songs. She's the indie Taylor.

Pop-a-911-ster 22,512
On 9/7/2024 at 12:20 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Hopefully points aren't going high again until the lead so we get a solo top 10 :teddy:

Everything is tumbling now and there's no new hits, but of course by next month the cutoff for top 10 will be 900 points 

• paws up 1
  • lol 13