Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 3,524
On 9/6/2024 at 2:21 PM, XXXlop said:

It doesn't matter, they can submit her in whatever category they want. The doors are open to both lead and supporting. It will now depend on the box office and the audience reaction.

yeah but its most likely supporting but if the leading category remains this dud maybe they will campaign for it

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426
On 9/6/2024 at 2:48 AM, BruceWayneOnMe said:

OMG guyssss one of my most straightest guy friends (a known roid abuser and a hardcore anime fan) was listening to JUDAS by LADY GaGa on his Tribit© bluetooth speakers on full volume!!!:dean_scream:

I, a closeted gaga fan (and a possible homou), ran out of the room as I was quivering by the excitement and this sudden acceptance by straight Indian peeps WOWWWW:dean_scream:

@Dean Judaster YOU WON WE WON JUDAS THE GaGa career killer no more:dean_scream:

Hide contents

STREAMMMM!!!!:party::lgbt::party:

Really shaping up to be an undeniable classic in her discography :giveup:

When I saw Judas enter Gaga's top 5 on Spotify, I hyperventilated for a few seconds and my wife thought something was wrong lol. Then she asked me why I cared so much. It's not just the song itself that I love, but the very narrative of it--how people kept saying it was a stain on her discography, how it led to Gaga's commercial downfall, etc. Look at it now, pulling in 1M daily streams with the lowest possible playlisting reach among her top 16 songs, one of her most viewed MVs (even more so if you only look at her main discography i.e., no soundtrack MVs).

Judas is easily becoming one of her few songs that aren't frontloaded/forgotten. Not to mention its choreography and music video remains top tier, 13 years and 3 eras after. Gaga's artistic choice proved true in the long run, just like how she proved she's here to stay even after the kerfuffle of ARTPOP.

"But in the cultural sense, I just speak in future tense"

Ahead of its time and she knows it oie-transparent-11.png

music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga

• paws up 4
  • hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 2

Popstanne 9,652
On 9/6/2024 at 1:13 PM, GraceRandolph said:

True, but no one thought Chastain could win with Tammy Faye which got similar reviews to JFAD. Don't give up hope yet.

That Chastain comparison is far off the beat.

1. Chastain was in every single scene, from reviews it has been pretty much clear that Gaga is missing in lot of scenes.

2. Chastain is a industry veteran, Gaga is obviously liked and welcomed but not to the degree of Chastain

3. That role was clear definition of Oscar bait. Biopic with transformative make-up

The only comparison that make little bit of sense are original Joker or that Queen biopic. Whose boxoffice momentum basically made critic opinion irrelevant. We have to wait and see how it does when it hit theaters but things are not looking good and its okay. We don't need to contextualize. The performance is good enough for her to keep getting lot of offers.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 2,793
On 9/6/2024 at 10:53 AM, ViviLittleM said:

House of Gucci is airing tonight on French tv.

Not THE sex scene on mainstream french TV, ménagère will be shook :enigma:

• paws up 1

On 9/6/2024 at 4:16 AM, Dean Judaster said:
  Hide contents

I want Gaga to do a minor romcom role to showcase her versatility but she will probably keep picking big acting roles every 2-3 years.

The problem is Hollywood doesn’t really make rom coms anymore. 

• sad 1

On 9/6/2024 at 4:13 AM, zoldyck said:

That Chastain comparison is far off the beat.

1. Chastain was in every single scene, from reviews it has been pretty much clear that Gaga is missing in lot of scenes.

2. Chastain is a industry veteran, Gaga is obviously liked and welcomed but not to the degree of Chastain

3. That role was clear definition of Oscar bait. Biopic with transformative make-up

The only comparison that make little bit of sense are original Joker or that Queen biopic. Whose boxoffice momentum basically made critic opinion irrelevant. We have to wait and see how it does when it hit theaters but things are not looking good and its okay. We don't need to contextualize. The performance is good enough for her to keep getting lot of offers.

It’s not a perfect comparison, but in a race where the rest of the competition is somewhat weak and no clear undeniable frontrunner is present it makes it possible for Gaga to get in. 

A Popster Is Born 14,731
On 9/6/2024 at 11:21 AM, Gypsy Life said:

Trying to scan the last 10 pages for any numbers :receipts: 

Here you have it:

Spoiler

Woman's World 0 (=)

• lol 6

I'm not getting too hung up on RT/MC scores. Especially when all reviews, even negative ones, praise Gaga's performance.

Look at Bohemian Rhapsody (60% on RT and 49 on MC), that wasn't technically hailed as a good movie yet won 4 Oscars including Best Actor. 

I think the movie will do great at the box office and I still think it'll get a ton of nominations at the Oscars and precursors for Gaga and Joaquin's performances alone.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,512
On 9/6/2024 at 12:26 PM, danwasd said:

Here you have it:

Hide contents

Woman's World 0 (=)

On 9/6/2024 at 12:27 PM, BibleThisWay said:

Here:

Reveal hidden contents

Top Artist

Bruno

Gaga

On 9/6/2024 at 12:28 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Very helpful, thank you :peacega:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,411
On 9/6/2024 at 10:39 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Mikey Madison isn't screaming Best Actress winner to me, and Jolie's movie also got mixed reviews. Honestly we need to chill a bit. There's like six months left in the race.

The best actress race is totally open for sure, but it’s better not having any kind of expectations at this point, plus new contenders will emerge in the next months.

If somehow after this mess, Gaga will manage to get nominated in lead, I swear I will post my nudes. 

• lol 7
  • yaas, gaga 1

I have to laugh at how deflating both of her previous Oscar runs ended. 

ASIB: thinking we were battling with Glenn Close for the award especially after the Critics Choice tie, only for Olivia to swoop in and win 

HOG: thinking it was a 3-way race between us, Jessica and Nicole only for her to not be nominated 

:gaga-dead:

• lol 4

A Popster Is Born 11,434
On 9/6/2024 at 11:33 AM, Leptine said:

The best actress race is totally open for sure, but it’s better not having any kind of expectations at this point, plus new contenders will emerge in the next months.

If somehow after this mess, Gaga will manage to get nominated in lead, I swear I will post my nudes. 

We need a sneak peek or sumn to know if it's worth it :ohhh:

• lol 3