Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

On 9/6/2024 at 2:45 AM, Leptine said:

Sadly I think it’s very unlikely this scenario to happen sis. 

True, but no one thought Chastain could win with Tammy Faye which got similar reviews to JFAD. Don't give up hope yet.

• paws up 1
  • hugs 2

A Popster Is Born 10,285
On 9/6/2024 at 10:06 AM, Leptine said:

It’s not about the reviews per se, it’s about being frustrated about her ending up having a marginal-small role in this movie with everyone being agree that it was absurd having one the biggest and talented popstar in a movie and not using her, properly because she’s a talented actress she deserved better with this project and having the right spotlight. 

I'm fine if she is a show stealer tbh. I bring this again but Heath Ledger had that kind of treatment in The Dark Knight and he totally nailed it. And everybody ties this movie to his performance, while being 'supporting act'. And I feel like Gaga will follow this path.

She had a huge part in House of Gucci, but at the same time it's probably one the most forgettable projects she has been involved in 15 years of career. A total lackluster movie that objectively left no trace.

Edited by Moonlight Shadow

Popster to Popster 3,526
On 9/6/2024 at 1:44 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

I'm fine if she is a show stealer tbh. I bring this again but Heath Ledger had that kind of treatment in The Dark Knight and he totally nailed it. And everybody ties this movie to his performance, while being 'supporting act'. And I feel like Gaga will follow this path.

She had a huge part in House of Gucci, but at the same time it's probably one the most forgettable projects she has been involved in 15 years of career. 

Well thats the problem thats here under utilization rumours come from bc people are saying that her scenes are mostly singing or as a side kick

Pop-a-911-ster 28,539
x2

CXOXO magic city edition is what the original album should’ve been! wtf camila girllll the new songs are so good 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,539
x2

f- Katy’s team is so smart for making her collab with erewhon

artists always go viral with smoothie collabs from there

A Popster Is Born 10,285
On 9/6/2024 at 10:18 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Well thats the problem thats here under utilization rumours come from bc people are saying that her scenes are mostly singing or as a side kick

Not all the reviews align on this, a friend of mine attended and told me she did amazing and actually don't understand the reviews saying she's underused in terms of character development and acting skills. Won't spoil but one particular scene with her is violently striking and is a movie highlight.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,526
On 9/6/2024 at 1:55 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Not all the reviews align on this, a friend of mine attended and told me she did amazing and actually don't understand the reviews saying she's underused in terms of character development and acting skills. Won't spoil but one particular scene with her is violently striking and is a movie highlight.

Lets hope so

A Popster Is Born 12,762
On 9/6/2024 at 9:13 AM, GraceRandolph said:

True, but no one thought Chastain could win with Tammy Faye which got similar reviews to JFAD. Don't give up hope yet.

The film hasn’t come out yet you have no f*cking right to discuss the film OR any of the negative feedback we’ve heard so far.

cupcake GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

Spoiler

Lmao joking 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • lol 1

On 9/6/2024 at 3:29 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

The film hasn’t come out yet you have no f*cking right to discuss the film OR any of the negative feedback we’ve heard so far.

Reveal hidden contents

Lmao joking 

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,411
On 9/6/2024 at 10:14 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

She had a huge part in House of Gucci, but at the same time it's probably one the most forgettable projects she has been involved in 15 years of career. 

From the reactions it’s definitely not a Heath Ledger kind of situation, the focus is entirely on Joaquin character, apparently also in the musical scenes.

Anyway, like I said I still hope this ends up successful with audience and box office but I think it’s legit ending up frustrated hearing by everyone who saw the movie they didn’t give to her right space. 

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,526
On 9/6/2024 at 2:06 PM, Leptine said:

From the reactions it’s definitely not a Heath Ledger kind of situation, the focus is entirely on Joaquin character, apparently also in the musical scenes.

Anyway, like I said I still hope this ends up successful with audience and box office but I think it’s legit ending up frustrated hearing by everyone who saw the movie they didn’t give to her right space. 

Todd was nasty to fool us as if she is the co lead n naming the film Folie à Deux

This man is on my red list 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,526
On 9/6/2024 at 2:09 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Mikey Madison isn't screaming Best Actress winner to me, and Jolie's movie also got mixed reviews. Honestly we need to chill a bit. There's like six months left in the race.

gaga is supporting though 

Popster This Way 603
On 9/6/2024 at 10:48 AM, Ayobabylon said:

gaga is supporting though 

It doesn't matter, they can submit her in whatever category they want. The doors are open to both lead and supporting. It will now depend on the box office and the audience reaction.

• paws up 2
  • love 1