Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

ARTPOPster 1,945

All the think pieces about the mixed reviews… for joker 2… when HOG was even worse… while DWAS is smashing and LG7 is around the corner :awkney: No shade tho I’m just giggling at the dramatics 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 6

Pop-a-911-ster 38,942
On 9/5/2024 at 8:37 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

61 (+1) Rotten Tomatoes

44 reviews (+1)

Breathe Big Brother GIF

we need this to get up to a 65+ so we have some breathing room from

the rotten splat :laughga:

• paws up 3
  • hugs 1

A Popster Is Born 11,752
On 9/5/2024 at 10:08 PM, Lazz Monster said:

I have no problems with her not winning the oscar if I felt like she did all she could.

I never once criticized HoG because as flawed as ridley scott was, he still gave Gaga more than one opportunity to shine. And she shined so much brighter than the rest of the movie that her career not only survived HoG but actually improved

What makes me upset with JFAD is that Todd never gave this opportunity to Gaga, while a lot of reviews are indeed praising her, and i haven't seen anyone say she was bad, no one is saying she was the best part of the movie like it happened with HoG, in fact a lot of ppl are saying Joaquin gave the best performance (and i don't blame them, Gaga didn't have the opportunity he did). So yeah, i'm upset because her acting career is new and the industry already doesn't look kindly on a singer turned actress, so having two flops in her resume back to back doesn't look good at all (even if no one thinks she's bad, ppl will only remember the box office and the award nominations the film got)

Joker 2 is yet to be released, and looks like it will be her biggest movie yet. And HOG was by no means a flop. It did well for what it was. As for Gaga s "limited" role in Joker 2, Im pretty sure she knew about that when she signed the contract. The GP couldnt care less about box office or awards. I bet ASIB had such an impact on them that Gaga could have 10 flops in a row and they would still remember her as a great actress :disappointed:

• paws up 4
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,522

all that matters is that after JFÀD she must still get juicy scripts n meaty roles im sure with a right script n a director who knows her potential she can have her moonstruck/funny girl moment 

Edited by Ayobabylon

Popstanne 9,418
On 9/5/2024 at 10:24 PM, Doncho said:

Joker 2 is yet to be released, and looks like it will be her biggest movie yet. And HOG was by no means a flop. It did well for what it was. As for Gaga s "limited" role in Joker 2, Im pretty sure she knew about that when she signed the contract. The GP couldnt care less about box office or awards. I bet ASIB had such an impact on them that Gaga could have 10 flops in a row and they would still remember her as a great actress :disappointed:

I'm not talking about the GP, i'm talking about the industry and her ability to get better roles in the future. HoG wasn't a flop but it wasn't a hit either, if she hadn't been so good in it her career would've suffered a hit

Grace Randolph is already talking about a "Gaga curse" and while I hardly think it's that serious, having reviews call the movie "boring" (something the first movie was never called) doesn't bode well for its Box Office chances and with these reviews, this movie kinda needs to be a BO hit (or Gaga could get nominated for Supporting, that would work as well)

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,752
On 9/5/2024 at 10:33 PM, Lazz Monster said:

I'm not talking about the GP, i'm talking about the industry and her ability to get better roles in the future. HoG wasn't a flop but it wasn't a hit either, if she hadn't been so good in it her career would've suffered a hit

Grace Randolph is already talking about a "Gaga curse" and while I hardly think it's that serious, having reviews call the movie "boring" (something the first movie was never called) doesn't bode well for its Box Office chances and with these reviews, this movie kinda needs to be a BO hit (or Gaga could get nominated for Supporting, that would work as well)

While clearly not a smash, HOG was a hit. Highest earning R rated movie in pandemic + she got nominated for every  important acting award except the Oscar.

And hey, if she really continues to have flops maybe she ll go back to full time singer like some people have suggested :ohhh:

Spoiler

love you king btw

Edited by Doncho
  • paws up 5
  • hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 2,995
On 9/5/2024 at 8:08 PM, Lazz Monster said:

I have no problems with her not winning the oscar if I felt like she did all she could.

I never once criticized HoG because as flawed as ridley scott was, he still gave Gaga more than one opportunity to shine. And she shined so much brighter than the rest of the movie that her career not only survived HoG but actually improved

What makes me upset with JFAD is that Todd never gave this opportunity to Gaga, while a lot of reviews are indeed praising her, and i haven't seen anyone say she was bad, no one is saying she was the best part of the movie like it happened with HoG, in fact a lot of ppl are saying Joaquin gave the best performance (and i don't blame them, Gaga didn't have the opportunity he did). So yeah, i'm upset because her acting career is new and the industry already doesn't look kindly on a singer turned actress, so having two flops in her resume back to back doesn't look good at all (even if no one thinks she's bad, ppl will only remember the box office and the award nominations the film got)

So you've seen the movie? 

Popstanne 9,418
On 9/5/2024 at 10:36 PM, Doncho said:

While clearly not a smash, HOG was a hit. Highest earning R rated movie in pandemic + she got nominated for every  important acting award except the Oscar.

And hey, if she really continues to have flops maybe she ll go back to full time singer like some people have suggested :ohhh:

That's why i'm actually glad she did HoG, it proved she can be great even if the movie is bad (not that i think it is, i actually love HoG lol)

That's my biggest fear lol, i would hate for her to go back to a full time singer, i guess this is why this is hitting me so hard :disappointed:

• shook 1

A Popster Is Born 16,748

I've no problem with Gaga going support but ngl, I'm mad how it's called "Madness for two" and marketing Gaga as the female counterpart only for her to be sidetracked in the overall film :katy:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 5
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880

Our standards… we should be as swifties. Enjoy the numbers and celebrate Grammys:flutter:

• lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880

If movie is critically panned it’s ok.

Focus on box-office.

If it flops, focus on LG7.

If LG7 flops, enjoy DWAS numbers 

That’s it

Music Video Smiling GIF

• paws up 1
  • lol 12
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,522

LGN gave JFÀD a mixed review as well with the same complaint "lack of Gaga" 

They said joaquin deserve an oscar nod n hopefully gaga to or it paves the way for a bigger n better next role for miss stefani 

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880

YouTube United States Daily Chart - 2024/09/04

#10 +2 Lady Gaga - Die With A Smile 1,000,170 +14,915

Happy High Protein GIF by think!

• paws up 13
  • yaas, gaga 5
  • love 2