Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

A Popster Is Born 11,752
On 9/5/2024 at 7:14 PM, Imtired1616 said:

For the 4th or 5th time. They always take it down after the VMAs. :icant:

Gaga VMAs performance and iconic perf award win confirmed?

They also uploaded one of Madonna performances, so no :icant:

ARTPOPster 1,945

We just need DWAS to go #1 on BBH100 next week or the other one so we can finally ditch it and move onto the LG7 lead that is coming next month so any drop on Spotify playlists will be celebrated from now on :lesson:

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 11,752
On 9/5/2024 at 8:16 PM, Hags Labs said:

We just need DWAS to go #1 on BBH100 next week or the other one so we can finally ditch it and move onto the LG7 lead that is coming next month so any drop on Spotify playlists will be celebrated from now on :lesson:

April Fools is far away, but good one

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 4,411
On 9/5/2024 at 10:10 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

Gaga snubbed again... by her own f-cking director. I hope he doesn't hear the last of this and she gets to work with someone who respects her as an actress way more next time.

Thank god LG7 era is just around the corner because otherwise I'd be pretty devastated at this. I was really looking forward to this movie and chapter of her career. Now, not so much.

Yeah I totally feel the same, also because we spent literally years talking about this project coming from the bitter HOG snub and everything seemed on point on the paper, it truly felt the right project and role, the right director that was involved on ASIB, the first teaser looked amazing, I truly can’t believe she ended up being marginal in this especially coming from 3 successful lead roles including the tv show. 

She truly needs to pick better projects that valorized her also because the acting skills are there and she proved it also with this project. 

At this point I just hope it’s gonna go well with the box office because her name is still attached on it, but I’m honestly ready to move from this mess to the album as well, thank God also for DWAS smashing, it has truly been a pleasant surprise and a great move. 

• paws up 8
  • thanks 1

On 9/5/2024 at 7:02 PM, Leptine said:

Yeah I totally feel the same, also because we spent literally years talking about this project coming from the bitter HOG snub and everything seemed on point on the paper, it truly felt the right project and role, the right director that was involved on ASIB, the first teaser looked amazing, I truly can’t believe she ended up being marginal in this especially coming from 3 successful lead roles including the tv show. 

She truly needs to pick better projects that valorized her also because the acting skills are there and she proved it also with this project. 

At this point I just hope it’s gonna go well with the box office because her name is still attached on it, but I’m honestly ready to move from this mess to the album as well, thank God also for DWAS smashing, it has truly been a pleasant surprise and a great move. 

The Best Actress race this year feels kinda fluid. No one feels like an undeniable frontrunner atm so Gaga should maybe just stay lead and try to get the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Musical/Comedy to reposition herself in the race.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popstanne 9,418

I’d rather Gaga get a nom for Supporting so it doesn’t feel like she’s part of the sinking ship this movie feels like it’s gonna be, that way she can come out of it with her career mostly intact

Edited by Lazz Monster
  • paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 16,748
On 9/6/2024 at 6:50 AM, PanPikus said:

Crying out of laughter :lmao:

We need Michael to always remind Gaga to create Pop Music :icant:

Michael probably saw how Gaga is happy touring and he saw the crazy artist to fans connection live and want that fire burning.. we love father monster for that :giveup:

• paws up 4
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,591
On 9/5/2024 at 6:05 PM, admin said:

Tbh I think it will be Good Luck Babe after the VMAs. I think Roan is going to be the defining performance of the night and it’ll cement her stardom the way Gaga’s 2009 did (not saying it’ll be THAT good, but you never know). 

I think our time comes in October with radio support and Joker. 

Definitely not... VMA no longer has the impact it had 10 years ago. And not you comparing Gaga to that girl... Gaga was the last pop icon to happen.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,752

A lot of yall switched really fast on Joker 2 once the mixed reviews came in and its annoying. Not everything she does will be a 10/10 or #1. Gaga joining Joker 2 is an amazing feat itself. The way she really cemented herself as an actress is still incredible to me. She has NO WAY of knowing the reception a movie will get before the public and critics get to see it.

Oscar nom/win or not, Joker 2 will still be a strong and memorable part of her career, I have no doubts

• paws up 7
  • thanks 14

ARTPOPster 1,467
On 9/5/2024 at 8:18 PM, Lazz Monster said:

I’d rather Gaga get a nom for Supporting so it doesn’t feel like she’s part of the sinking ship this movie feels like it’s gonna be, that way she can come out of it with her career mostly intact

Lol she’ll be fine, even if this got a 40 on RT… if anything people will say she’s the best part (as usual). Did we already forget T.A.W? :talent:

The Fame Popster 321

I guess Viola Davis, Anne Hathaway, Angelina Jolie and Regina King must be seething because their Oscar wins were for “just” a supporting role :enigma:

• paws up 4
  • thanks 9
  • lol 1

Popstanne 9,418
On 9/5/2024 at 9:54 PM, Doncho said:

A lot of yall switched really fast on Joker 2 once the mixed reviews came in and its annoying. Not everything she does will be a 10/10 or #1. Gaga joining Joker 2 is an amazing feat itself. The way she really cemented herself as an actress is still incredible to me. She has NO WAY of knowing the reception a movie will get before the public and critics get to see it.

Oscar nom/win or not, Joker 2 will still be a strong and memorable part of her career, I have no doubts

I have no problems with her not winning the oscar if I felt like she did all she could.

I never once criticized HoG because as flawed as ridley scott was, he still gave Gaga more than one opportunity to shine. And she shined so much brighter than the rest of the movie that her career not only survived HoG but actually improved

What makes me upset with JFAD is that Todd never gave this opportunity to Gaga, while a lot of reviews are indeed praising her, and i haven't seen anyone say she was bad, no one is saying she was the best part of the movie like it happened with HoG, in fact a lot of ppl are saying Joaquin gave the best performance (and i don't blame them, Gaga didn't have the opportunity he did). So yeah, i'm upset because her acting career is new and the industry already doesn't look kindly on a singer turned actress, so having two flops in her resume back to back doesn't look good at all (even if no one thinks she's bad, ppl will only remember the box office and the award nominations the film got)

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1