Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

ARTPOPster 1,762
On 9/5/2024 at 3:49 PM, Supersonic said:

Updated, she peaked higher with two songs:

#33 Born This Way

#57 Judas

:bebe: 

ROM matched DWAS's peak at #122, no other songs of Gaga have charted there :bebe: 

She used ro be huge in south korea

But that was before that chart existed

She was even on of the first international acts to play in a stadium there during btw ball

The last one at that time was michael

A Popster Is Born 12,762
On 9/5/2024 at 7:54 PM, Leptine said:

It's definitely not a settled decision so far but I expect them to eventually campaign her in supporting at this point (if this doesn't end up flopping also at the box office or becoming red on Meta).

Recently also Michelle Williams went lead with a supporting role, she got some supporting nominations alternated with lead at regional awards, she got the Globe nod in lead but then she missed BAFTA and SAG nomination but she ended up nominated at the Oscars (lead), thing is it was a 85 Metacritic movie acclaimed, I think Gaga needed that at least to overcome the supporting status.

I think they could ask for  her input too. They may say ‘we can go lead but you’re chances of winning very low, chances of nom higher but not secure. OR we go all out supporting and you could well win a fadscar for acting at last, but it’ll be the B prize’ 

Maybe waiting for more reactions 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,411
On 9/5/2024 at 9:15 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I think they could ask for  her input too. They may say ‘we can go lead but you’re chances of winning very low, chances of nom higher but not secure. OR we go all out supporting and you could well win a fadscar for acting at last, but it’ll be the B prize’ 

Maybe waiting for more reactions 

For sure it's gonna be an agreed decision of the studio with her, I think this always happen, however at the actual state of things, even in supporting the best scenario is getting just a nomination, winning is totally out of question imo.

• paws up 3

Popstanne 9,073
On 9/5/2024 at 12:27 PM, ViviLittleM said:

There's a mistake in the article. It never fell on Streaming Songs. It's #3 for 2 weeks in a row.
edit: Oh it's not a mistake but it really needs a comma before "falling" because it sounds like they're talking about Streaming Songs and not the Hot 100.

Edited by Arturo
  • paws up 1

It's unfortunate that the Joker reviews are very mediocre because Gaga could have a real shot at a nomination (or maybe even a win). 

The field is extremely weak this year.  

Jolie - a boring semi-panned biopic. 

Amy Adams - seemingly out of the race after that awful trailer after being the favorite. 

N Kidman - some erotic thriller that is unlikely to make any noise. 

Ronan - another snoozefest in which she plays herself. 

Demi Moore is the only potential contender that I'm excited about, but "The Substance" is a rather gory horror movie.   

There's literally zero frontrunners. In 2023, we had Emma Stone. In 2022, we had Cate Blanchett. 

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 868
On 9/6/2024 at 3:36 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

It's unfortunate that the Joker reviews are very mediocre because Gaga could have a real shot at a nomination (or maybe even a win). 

The field is extremely weak this year.  

Jolie - a boring semi-panned biopic. 

Amy Adams - seemingly out of the race after that awful trailer after being the favorite. 

N Kidman - some erotic thriller that is unlikely to make any noise. 

Ronan - another snoozefest in which she plays herself. 

Demi Moore is the only potential contender that I'm excited about, but "The Substance" is a rather gory horror movie.   

There's literally zero frontrunners. In 2023, we had Emma Stone. In 2022, we had Cate Blanchett. 

It could still be the front runner if it obtains commercial success in the future

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,411

I just listened to a popular italian movies poadcast about JFAD with 2 people who have watched the movie in Venice with one being fan of Gaga who confirm the biggest flaw of the movie is indeed the not use of her character, he basically said that outside of the musical scenes (where Phoenix gets the spotlight also in there) she barely has acting scenes and they're all in functions of Phoenix's character :dead:

They claimed that basically very little happen in the movie plot wise and that the musical scenes (they say some are very good, other repetitive) are basically fillers in a not existent plot :bigbird:

• paws up 1
  • shook 3
  • sad 8

Popster for Sale 41,583

6,977,913 average daily streams required for 1B by end of year.

Edited by BenG
  • paws up 14
  • shook 3
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 15
  • love 3

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426
On 9/5/2024 at 2:32 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Spotify Update (09/04) 

Always Remember Us This Way — 1,021,891  

Judas — 1,005,993

Shallow — 961,690

1M on a Wednesday. This Smash hit whew

happy music video GIF by Lady Gaga

• paws up 6
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,335
On 9/5/2024 at 8:51 PM, Leptine said:

I just listened to a popular italian movies poadcast about JFAD with 2 people who have watched the movie in Venice with one being fan of Gaga who confirm the biggest flaw of the movie is indeed the not use of her character, he basically said that outside of the musical scenes (where Phoenix gets the spotlight also in there) she barely has acting scenes and they're all in functions of Phoenix's character :dead:

They claimed that basically very little happen in the movie plot wise and that the musical scenes (they say some are very good, other repetitive) are basically fillers in a not existent plot :bigbird:

Gaga snubbed again... by her own f-cking director. I hope he doesn't hear the last of this and she gets to work with someone who respects her as an actress way more next time.

Thank god LG7 era is just around the corner because otherwise I'd be pretty devastated at this. I was really looking forward to this movie and chapter of her career. Now, not so much.

Edited by OreoÀDeux
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 9