Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 4,411

For the Italian press 'The Brutalist' that is 89 on Metacritic has basically the same ratings of JFAD that it's in mid 50s on Meta lol.

• paws up 1
  • lol 3

Popster for Sale 44,326
On 9/5/2024 at 2:33 PM, Leptine said:

For the Italian press 'The Brutalist' that is 89 on Metacritic has basically the same ratings of JFAD that it's in mid 50s on Meta lol.

Europe had to pay her back for the DWAS slow start somehow

Oh the perks of being global

• lol 6

Popster to Popster 2,995
On 9/5/2024 at 9:31 AM, DonnieDarko said:

S M A S H

So happy for her tbh. Another movie, a smash hit, LG7 being what we prayed for, a possible tour…

:love:

Thats the only puzzle piece still missing. She said NO PAIN during CBT. Just joy. This next tour will be a MONSTER.

LETTUCE PRAY. 🙏:giveup:

• love 3

A Popster Is Born 14,731

I have just realized that even if she wore nothing but platform heels, she's not rocking a single Pleaser boot :whatga:

I fear we're seeing the first hint of LG7 aesthetics, her choice of heels for the era :whatga:

A Popster Is Born 11,434

Oh GodGa :abel_glow: 

The 2025 truthers being right from the very beginning :tea: 

Probably doing Grammys performance but most likely album will be released after Grammys cause it's Feb 2nd, unless the album comes Jan 31st :laughga:

• lol 1

Kindness Admin 7,520

What a 24 hours. My thoughts (that no one asked for, ha)

Red carpet: SMASH. Icon behavior, as always.

Joker response: I am a pretty hardcore cinephile and I am personally very disappointed to see the mixed response and to see that Gaga isn't the co-lead we all assumed when this project was announced. I am working hard to avoid spoilers before I see it, but I am let down. The first movie I thought was mostly photocopying other great works (e.g. Taxi Driver) - and doing it pretty well, but I didn't quite feel Todd's specific voice and I thought the movie was ok and didn't deserve the amount of Oscar noms it received.

When this sequel was announced with Gaga I thought he'd really kick it up a notch and that adding music would create something really unique (which it likely still will be) where his voice really breaks through (I hope it still does) and stands as a powerful piece of cinema (maybe not though). Again, movies are subjective and sometimes it takes years and years to truly look at a movie and understand it and appreciate it. Especially movies that are really out there. I have no doubt Gaga is going to be absolutely amazing in it, regardless of being supporting or not.

Joker box office: I do think this will impact the box office, both opening and the following weeks. The first film was divisive both for content and for the film itself. But it was new and fresh for a comic book film in many ways while being well made (especially for DC at the time). This might drag the opening down a bit but is more likely to play out in post-opening numbers if the audience feels similar to critics. I tend to fall closer to critic takes, but not always, and this film could truly go either way. It can punch up for sure.  Also, there are no real blockbusters coming out in October except towards the end of the month with Smile 2 and Venom - which aren't surefire hits either. I think this could stop us from hitting a billion, but this movie will def do over 750+ worldwide and a billion is 100% very possible. If audiences like it, the sky is the limit. Also, the soundtrack being all covers won't give us any ASIB or traditional musical boon that a film gets when people love the soundtrack.

Oscar chances: This definitely is a hard knock to Gaga. So that's a bummer. We'll have to see, but I do think they'll push her, but it'll REALLY depend on how people feel about her work in the movie when it comes out. Also, if the film gives her those breakthrough scenes that typically get someone nominated in the first place. We just won't know for a while. But leading up, we should at least get a vibe from the experts on GoldDerby (her switching from lead to supporting has basically eliminated her from the rankings for now since she previously had been considered as lead).

LG7: I'm shook by the 4 month gap from lead to album, but I am HERE for it and I haven't been this excited for a Gaga album since probably BTW. We are being FED. If the casuals don't love the new single, they can croak. 

Vogue interview: Stunning, love every word. I am just so happy for her. SO SO HAPPY. So glad she found Michael.

Secret project: To me, this has always been a musical soundtrack. I don't know if it's for the stage (e.g. on her own a la Waitress or with Lin) or a movie (e.g. rumored Jane film or something else), but I think it's a soundtrack. I think we'll know by the end of next year. I could see it being an original jazz record too, but rooting for a full LG7 musical.

Die with a Smash: What more could be said. Talent won.

Thanks for coming to my folie-a-ted-talk.

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 4
  • love 14

Popster to Popster 2,995
On 9/5/2024 at 10:36 AM, admin said:

What a 24 hours. My thoughts (that no one asked for, ha)

Red carpet: SMASH. Icon behavior, as always.

Joker response: I am a pretty hardcore cinephile and I am personally very disappointed to see the mixed response and to see that Gaga isn't the co-lead we all assumed when this project was announced. I am working hard to avoid spoilers before I see it, but I am let down. The first movie I thought was mostly photocopying other great works (e.g. Taxi Driver) - and doing it pretty well, but I didn't quite feel Todd's specific voice and I thought the movie was ok and didn't deserve the amount of Oscar noms it received.

When this sequel was announced with Gaga I thought he'd really kick it up a notch and that adding music would create something really unique (which it likely still will be) where his voice really breaks through (I hope it still does) and stands as a powerful piece of cinema (maybe not though). Again, movies are subjective and sometimes it takes years and years to truly look at a movie and understand it and appreciate it. Especially movies that are really out there. I have no doubt Gaga is going to be absolutely amazing in it, regardless of being supporting or not.

Joker box office: I do think this will impact the box office, both opening and the following weeks. The first film was divisive both for content and for the film itself. But it was new and fresh for a comic book film in many ways while being well made (especially for DC at the time). This might drag the opening down a bit but is more likely to play out in post-opening numbers if the audience feels similar to critics. I tend to fall closer to critic takes, but not always, and this film could truly go either way. It can punch up for sure.  Also, there are no real blockbusters coming out in October except towards the end of the month with Smile 2 and Venom - which aren't surefire hits either. I think this could stop us from hitting a billion, but this movie will def do over 750+ worldwide and a billion is 100% very possible. If audiences like it, the sky is the limit. Also, the soundtrack being all covers won't give us any ASIB or traditional musical boon that a film gets when people love the soundtrack.

Oscar chances: This definitely is a hard knock to Gaga. So that's a bummer. We'll have to see, but I do think they'll push her, but it'll REALLY depend on how people feel about her work in the movie when it comes out. Also, if the film gives her those breakthrough scenes that typically get someone nominated in the first place. We just won't know for a while. But leading up, we should at least get a vibe from the experts on GoldDerby (her switching from lead to supporting has basically eliminated her from the rankings for now since she previously had been considered as lead).

LG7: I'm shook by the 4 month gap from lead to album, but I am HERE for it and I haven't been this excited for a Gaga album since probably BTW. We are being FED. If the casuals don't love the new single, they can croak. 

Vogue interview: Stunning, love every word. I am just so happy for her. SO SO HAPPY. So glad she found Michael.

Secret project: To me, this has always been a musical soundtrack. I don't know if it's for the stage (e.g. on her own a la Waitress or with Lin) or a movie (e.g. rumored Jane film or something else), but I think it's a soundtrack. I think we'll know by the end of next year. I could see it being an original jazz record too, but rooting for a full LG7 musical.

Die with a Smash: What more could be said. Talent won.

Thanks for coming to my folie-a-ted-talk.

I think it's pretty much confirmed now that all those "Gaga and her pianist" rumors from a bit ago were all for Joker 2, right?

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880
On 9/5/2024 at 11:37 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

AM UK #7 dunno if ap

it has re-peaked

• paws up 1