Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

The Fame Popster 436

I’m thinking since lead is October, they’ll want to keep hype alive after Christmas freeze, so second single January? Then after the album is released, they’ll go off of what fans/GP want

edit: actually, they might even release something Dec 27th, as the holiday is over and ppl will want something other than holiday music to listen to. Why not the new Gaga song? Then it’ll snowball and remind them of the lead, and Joker, and DWAS :ally:

Edited by VoldeLorde
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,410
On 9/5/2024 at 2:28 PM, Azor Ahai said:

A lot of people decide to watch a movie based on critics. We just need this to remain fresh, above 60% or it will be a problem for the box office. 

When it comes to general audience (and so box office), word of mouth is definitely more important, IMDB (where the general audience rate) for example is more important and checked than MC and Rotten.

However hopefully this can stay fresh on Rotten.

Edited by Leptine
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,762

Is it all fantasy? Is Lady Gaga…a persona?

Man.” She shakes her head. “That’s a big question.” She takes a deep breath. “You know it’s not a persona. It’s not. I am all of these things. The person that I am when I’m onstage in front of 85,000 people? That is also me. That’s like one of the freedoms of my relationship with Michael. It feels really nice to have someone value you whether there’s 85,000 people watching or…the dogs. To see the whole you. And Lady Gaga is the whole me."

I think this confirms that she doesnt hate being a popstar

She jus hated how men didnt love her when she was one

• paws up 5
  • hugs 7
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 3

Popster to Popster 3,522

I just hope n pray that lg-7 singles stick this time n she should announce the album alongside the lead to secure a 300k debut. It will be 5 months of pre order 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,522
On 9/5/2024 at 6:24 PM, sugden said:

The person that I am when I’m onstage in front of 85,000 people?

Not her predicting LG-7 tour numbers her mind

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster for Sale 44,319
On 9/5/2024 at 1:34 PM, xo_hours said:

no it won’t. WOM is gonna be the impacting factor at the end of the day not some tomato meter 

what's WOM? 

edit: nvm just realized it's word of mouth

Edited by OreoÀDeux

Popster to Popster 4,410

From what I've been reading in the box office boards and sub Reddit what it's worrisome about the reviews-reception it's the movie being labelled as boring-dull-pointless, whereas the mixed reception about the first one was about the themes-content, being boring is much worse than being controversial, this might damage the box office for the long run if the general audience will be on the same page.

• paws up 3
  • sad 2

Popster for Sale 44,319
On 9/5/2024 at 2:04 PM, Leptine said:

From what I've been reading in the box office boards and sub Reddit what it's worrisome about the reviews-reception it's the movie being labelled as boring-dull-pointless, whereas the mixed reception about the first one was about the themes-content, being boring is much worse than being controversial, this might damage the box office for the long run if the general audience will be on the same page.

Yeah I feel like it won't have legs to be honest. Hopefully we get a great first weekend though. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880

Vogue Magazine

@voguemagazine

Harley Quinn in “Joker: Folie à Deux” is only Lady Gaga’s third leading film role. For Vogue’s October 2024 issue, Lady Gaga talks “Joker,” her whirlwind lockdown romance, and the joy of making pop music again.

:ohhh:

• lol 3

Popster to Popster 3,522
On 9/5/2024 at 6:34 PM, Leptine said:

Yeah thats my worry to im not anticipating smash numbers but maybe she could get a supporting actress nod i dont expect her to win 

Popster to Popster 4,410
On 9/5/2024 at 3:08 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

Yeah I feel like it won't have legs to be honest. Hopefully we get a great first weekend though. 

It's all in the hands of the audience, first weekend is gonna do great for sure, because there will still be curiosity-hype, but if the audience reception is gonna be bad then yes.

Can't believe how things turned including Gaga being supporting, not gonna lie I was so sure this would have been better received, given they had time to work on the script, filmed lot in advance, the 200M$ budget, Phoenix accepting to return and the musical factor being unexpected for this sequel, I really thought they had a brilliant idea for this.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,410

Italians critics liked it by the way, maybe the general audience can have the same response, in here critics are less "pretentious" than American ones.

('ARTPOP' was acclaimed in here for example).

• paws up 4