Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

ARTPOPster 1,361

as long as it stays fresh we good.

I've never seen anyone in real life pay attention to or even know what the heck Metascore is but they do sometimes make their ticket-purchasing decisions based on rotten tomatoes

plus WB can always pick some quotes from positive reviews and put them on posters and tv ads

Edited by nydedan
  • paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 16,748

No one wants to wake up to the news I woke up to this morning. No one. I was preparing my coffee, turning on wi-fi and the first thing I read is: “Joker: Folie A Deux debuts Rotten Score”. I blinked my eyes countless times and I went on Facebook just to see more and more posts about it. I couldn’t believe it. My Hollywood Gaga dream was over and there I was at 8AM sitting in my kitchen looking at the screen of my iPhone.

I know this may sound a bit too much but… Yes. Tears started falling from my eyes and they wouldn’t stop. I don’t consider this to be an over dramatic reaction like many of you could easily consider. I look at it as unconditional love, dedication and passion. Something unexplainable, no one can translate love into words or even admiration. Some people get your attention and you don’t know why. And while I am fully aware that Hollywood Gaga Is not over, it was just a step back, I also am aware that it’s never going to be the same. It doesn’t matter if it is Harley or Ally or Patrizia or The Countess. It doesn’t. I saw this actress being born when she was just 15years old cameo acting for The Sopranos. A few years later she turned into strong and confident woman and extremely inspirational. She brought the phrase “Stars are Born” and "Butts on Seats" back in the film industry and scored two of the biggest Adult Drama Films of the last 6years. I was obsessed and extremely proud of it.

I’ve always been aware that Hollywood Stars are not meant to last and that’s why I flew to London just to see her personally walk on the red carpet caked by Sarah's makeup and donned with flat wig by Frederick last 2021. I knew this was a fast career and that’s why I spent over 800€ on this actress (I’ve watched her films countless times, I met her twice, I bought the DVDs, I took a trip just to see her, paid hotel… You make the counts!). I wanted to live it as much as I could and looking back I am so proud of every single thing I did for her. She brought back my fan vein in a way I’ve never experienced before. Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Angelina Jolie… They’re all established thespians and it’s another story on how their careers are handled.

Every Lady Gaga fan was aware that Hollywood Gaga was not happy. Ever since “ASIB” became a smash, something went wrong and the relationship between Gaga and the other actors she worked with has always been weird. There’s indifference and I don’t know what to think. Nonetheless, I am no one to judge that. All I want to make clear is: Hollywood Gaga is never going to be Hollywood Gaga again and that’s why I feel like my dream has been crashed. My Hollywood Gaga dream has ended. It hurts so bad when you’re not prepared… After all she announced to released new music a day before.

And no. I am not turning my back on Lady Gaga the POP STAR. This was a rough decision but I know what it's like to be in a place where you don't belong or feel included and sometimes... It's better to just go for it.

Yet, I always like to see things from the bright side and I am going to always support Lady Gaga as a POP STAR just like how I supported Lady Gaga the Movie Star. She had an amazing and beautiful impact in my life.

Lady Gaga the Movie Star… Good luck. Lady Gaga the POP STAR… Good Luck.

Stefani… Thank You. You’ve given me the ultimate fan experience and you’ve been so inspirational. All facets of you.

“You’re my stupid love” Stefani, "I've been caught in a Bad Romance”

Edited by FRANZGA
  • shook 2
  • sad 1
  • lol 11

ARTPOPster 1,802

Yes the RT may be sh!t now tbh but on the bright side Gaga is mostly praised as underused by critics so it’s not really that bad as it’s giving HOG press again. :katy: She’s gonna get her first number one on the box office as well so nothing to really fret tbh as there’s also less pressure in the supporting category 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popstanne 9,416
On 9/4/2024 at 11:14 PM, FRANZGA said:

I also am aware that it’s never going to be the same.

Genuine question, why do you think that?

Btw, i am pretty upset too, especially because none of this is her fault, but in Godga we trust, if it's a box office hit and she gets some supporting nods, i'm confident a lot of directors will still line up to hire her

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 16,748
On 9/5/2024 at 10:29 AM, Lazz Monster said:

Genuine question, why do you think that?

Btw, i am pretty upset too, especially because none of this is her fault, but in Godga we trust, if it's a box office hit and she gets some supporting nods, i'm confident a lot of directors will still line up to hire her

Spoiler

It's an ATRL Meme

:katy:

• shook 1
  • lol 6

ARTPOPster 1,361

Sequel to a billion-dollar movie, stunning on red-carpet with all the flashlights, 11-min standing ovation, "save the movie" kind of acclaims, and (still alive) awards potential?

I bet 99.9% actors in Hollywood would kill for a "set back" like this. Even just once in a lifetime. 

We just have too high a expectation when it comes to Godga

Edited by nydedan
  • paws up 8

Popster to Popster 3,522

just had a nightmare that joker 2 debuted with 33 RT score thankgod atleast its double of that

Edited by Ayobabylon
  • lol 15

A Popster Is Born 16,748

List of Highest Grossing Films with Rotten Scores

1. The Lion King (52%) - $1,663,075,401

2. The Super Mario Bros. Movie (59%) - $1,360,764,054

3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (46%) - $1,310,466,296

4. Minions (56%) - $1,159,444,662

5. Transformers: Dark of the Moon (35%) - $1,123,794,079

6. Transformers: Age of Extinction (18%) - $1,104,054,072

7. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (52%) - $1,077,022,372

8. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (53%) - $1,066,179,747

9. Aladdin (57%) - $1,054,304,000

10. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (33%) - $1,046,721,266

Spoiler

Despicable Me 3 (59%) - $1,034,800,131

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (52%) - $1,027,082,707

Alice in Wonderland (51%) - $1,025,468,216

Jurassic World: Dominion (28%) - $1,001,978,080

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (59%) - $962,201,338

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (44%) - $961,691,209

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (46%) - $886,686,817

Ice Age: Continental Drift (37%) - $877,244,782

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (29%) - $873,637,528

Venom (30%) - $856,085,151

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 (49%) - $848,593,948

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (20%) - $836,303,693

Shrek the Third (42%) - $813,367,380

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (30%) - $795,922,298

2012 (39%) - $791,217,826

The Da Vinci Code (25%) - $760,006,945

Maleficent (54%) - $759,853,685

Shrek Forever After (57%) - $752,600,867

Suicide Squad (26%) - $746,846,894

F9 (59%) - $726,229,501

and just like that, we're back to not being HUMBLE :happydance:

Edited by FRANZGA
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • lol 7

ARTPOPster 1,361
On 9/5/2024 at 10:48 AM, nydedan said:

the scores on critics grids so far are good - it's even in the upper tier among all the competition films

spacer.png

spacer.png

Tho these scores may or may not have correlation to Venice award results but they are at least an indication that the film has its audience and who knows, maybe the jury panel likes it and decides to give it some love

Spoiler

but Isabelle Huppert was defeated by a hollywood megastar in a musical back in 2017 so it's more likely that she hates JFAD to death:icant:

Edited by nydedan

Popstanne 9,416

AM Saudi Arabia

#1 (+1) *new peak*

26th #1 on AM :horse_race:

Spoiler

Belize
Bolivia
Bhutan
Brazil
Cyprus
Denmark
Iceland
Indonesia
Fiji
Laos
Macau
Malaysia
Malta
Madagascar
Micronesia
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Philippines
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Solomon Islands
United States
Taiwan
Vietnam
Yemen

• paws up 11
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 4

Popster to Popster 3,522

Well now doesn't need to do press tour for the film n she will finally be ready to begin lg-7 era with full swing

#iguessitsneverreallyover

Edited by Ayobabylon
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1