Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

A Popster Is Born 13,396

Even the bad reviews are praising Gaga. WB better campaign hard for that Best Supporting Actress Oscar. She deserves it for her hardwork.

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,264

If the wider audience viewing this movie doesn’t change its ratings I can see Gaga having an easier time getting into Supporting Actress…there are the Netflix girls (Saldana & Gomez) and then Danielle Deadwyler…

after that the category seems bare with Anjuane Ellis having very little impact in her film the Nickel Boys from last weeks reviews, Isabella Rossellini having little screen time in Conclave and from what it seemed Julianne Moore was more raved about that Tilda for TRND

Of course there is still Blitz/Ronan but part of me wonders if WB will view this as the easier path to a nomination….

@xo_hours @Leptine thoughts?

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2
  • sad 1

Popstanne 9,376

Am I the only one that finds it kind of cringe that people clap for more than like ...a minute? It's like when people sing happy birthday, everyone wants it to be over as soon as possible. I never understand these film festival standing ovations going on for that long :rip: 

• thanks 2
  • lol 2
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,620
On 9/4/2024 at 10:36 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

If the wider audience viewing this movie doesn’t change its ratings I can see Gaga having an easier time getting into Supporting Actress…there are the Netflix girls (Saldana & Gomez) and then Danielle Deadwyler…

after that the category seems bare with Anjuane Ellis having very little impact in her film the Nickel Boys from last weeks reviews, Isabella Rossellini having little screen time in Conclave and from what it seemed Julianne Moore was more raved about that Tilda for TRND

Of course there is still Blitz/Ronan but part of me wonders if WB will view this as the easier path to a nomination….

@xo_hours @Leptine thoughts?

Honestly, at this point a supporting nomination is truly the best scenario we have left but after the slap of today, I don't want to delude myself even for that, we'll see what is going to happen box office wise and with audience but I'm gonna keep my expectations to the lowest for my sanity, I still haven't recovered for the HOG snub :dead:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster This Way 719

Wow, you are all so dramatic, it is better no original music, we will focus on LG7, also a supporting actress nomination is easier this year and it is also an acting category, Gaga is being praised and I am sure the film is going to be stick and amazing no matter the critic’s reviews, DWAS 11,5 millons, 1 Apple Music Global, 1 iTunes Global, 1 Spotify Global, smashing on Tik Tok and Youtube also and, AN INCREDIBLE RED CARPET LOOK TODAY AND LG7 LEAD NEXT MONTH AND YOU STILL COMPLAIN??

I wish you were Katy Perry fans

• thanks 3

Popster to Popster 4,487

A supporting nomination? With these reviews? She'll be lucky to get a Golden Globes nom. I just hope the film makes a lot of money and gives her a ton of attention so that the GP can stream LG7. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 29,664
On 9/4/2024 at 10:55 PM, ConnorFilm said:

A supporting nomination? With these reviews? She'll be lucky to get a Golden Globes nom. I just hope the film makes a lot of money and gives her a ton of attention so that the GP can stream LG7. 

The bad reviews for Joker 1 made them earn 102029199191 nominations.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 3

A Popster Is Born 11,830

According to Genius.com this is the soundtrack tracklist:

1. "I’ve Got the World on a String" by Joaquin Phoenix (Ft. Lady Gaga)
2. "What the World Needs Now Is Love" by Joaquin Phoenix (Ft. Lady Gaga)
3. "If You Go Away" by Joaquin Phoenix
4. "The Joker" by Joaquin Phoenix
5. "For Once in My Life" by Joaquin Phoenix
6. "When You’re Smiling" by Joaquin Phoenix
7. "You Don’t Know What It’s Like" by Joaquin Phoenix (Ft. Lady Gaga)
8. "If My Friends Could See Me Now" by Lady Gaga
9. "Get Happy" by Lady Gaga
10. "Gonna Build A Mountain" by Lady Gaga
11. "That’s Life" by Lady Gaga
12. "(They Long To Be) Close To You" by Lady Gaga
13. "Bewitched Bothered And Bewildered" by Joaquin Phoenix
14. "That’s Entertainment" by Lady Gaga

So, 3 duets, 5 Joaquin songs, 6 Gaga songs

Source: https://genius.com/albums/Joaquin-phoenix-lady-gaga-and-cast-of-joker-folie-a-deux/Joker-folie-a-deux-music-from-the-motion-picture

• paws up 3
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,264
On 9/4/2024 at 4:52 PM, Leptine said:

Honestly, at this point a supporting nomination is truly the best scenario we have left but after the slap of today, I don't want to delude myself even for that, we'll see what is going to happen box office wise and with audience but I'm gonna keep my expectations to the lowest for my sanity, I still haven't recovered for the HOG snub :dead:

Oh I completely agree, I don’t think a nomination is happening either way. I was more just saying for the sake of simply campaigning at some point but I am in total agreement. I’m not letting myself think it either.

On 9/4/2024 at 4:55 PM, ConnorFilm said:

:laughga: I mean the globes does allow six nominees now but yeah I feel you I’m not very hopeful either 

• paws up 1