Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster This Way 669
On 9/4/2024 at 8:36 PM, Ms Arid Lost said:

It's always interesting how almost every critic thinks that Gaga brings out the most enjoyable parts of the movie (it happened with HoG)... I truly feel she should go for a movie that doesn't make her share the main spotlight next time around. At least if the movie is "mixed", the praise could be more substantial because she ends up being the magnet of the film.

Idk if that made sense but that's how I feel about it. She should take that step.

She should have been Maria callas. I hate that they chose Jolie who is so different in every aspect from callas.. 

A Popster Is Born 11,752
On 9/4/2024 at 3:36 PM, MissAsia said:

People will remember how bad the film was not that gaga is good.... When I saw hog I didn t think that gaga was good, the film was so horrible that I couldn't t separate gaga performance from the film. It will happen with joker 2. I knew the sequel wouldn t be good because the first one was perfect and it didn r need a sequel

HOG was average. I dont think anyone labels it as a BAD or FLOP movie. Some fans hate on it just because she missed the Oscar nom. An Oscar isnt everything there is

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 22,512

I haven't watched the first Joker or any comic book movie, and I'm not planning on watching this one either (might watch a compilation of Gaga scenes on YouTube), so these reviews don't matter to me at all. I'm just here for the red carpet looks, the extra awards, and the box office tracking :bigbird:

• paws up 2
  • shook 3
  • sad 1
  • lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

Popster This Way 669
On 9/4/2024 at 8:39 PM, Doncho said:

HOG was average. I dont think anyone labels it as a BAD or FLOP movie. Some fans hate on it just because she missed the Oscar nom. An Oscar isnt everything there is

I hate it because it s awful.. Asib won an Oscar and I find it so boring but really boring and not very good. Shallow and the chemistry saved the film

Popster for Sale 41,575
On 9/4/2024 at 7:40 PM, Gypsy Life said:

I haven't watched the first Joker or any comic book movie, and I'm not planning on watching this one either (might watch a compilation of Gaga scenes on YouTube), so these reviews don't matter to me at all. I'm just here for the red carpet looks, the extra awards, and the box office tracking :bigbird:

Aretha Franklin Shade GIF

• lol 5

A Popster Is Born 11,752
On 9/4/2024 at 3:41 PM, MissAsia said:

I hate it because it s awful.. Asib won an Oscar and I find it so boring but really boring and not very good. Shallow and the chemistry saved the film

Do you even enjoy anything? All your comments are super negative :eyega:

• paws up 4
  • thanks 2
  • lol 6

Popster This Way 528

the movie's not panned yet and a mixed reception is expected because it is a story that delves into social and political issues that are current right now, plus those are two well-beloved characters for those who like comic books... i think movie critics have not fallen into the traps that music critics set for themselves in the last couple of years, deciding to love or hate an album based on hype, anticipation, and how much a certain popstar seems to be liked at the moment... What I am worried about is the GP reception, we need those legs and word of mouth!

• paws up 6

On 9/4/2024 at 8:37 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

I feel the same way. 

I have the suspicion that she hasn't done it already because she either doesn't seem herself as capable enough (since she isn't so experienced, "just" 3 movies as a "lead") or maybe she wanted to have a blockbuster movie first with a lot of success to put her in the map again after HoG's "disappointing" BO and then try a project like that: her as the main focus and very little co-stars with not a lot of relevance in the film.

As for the tones of the movie, I think it could be great to leave the "drama" a bit and participate in something a little lighter and fun or something more "horror" oriented, it would fit Gaga's personality so well imo.

• paws up 3

Popster This Way 669
On 9/4/2024 at 8:42 PM, Doncho said:

Do you even enjoy anything? All your comments are super negative :eyega:

I Don t love her acting career.. I hate movies. I only like ahs because she was sexy

• sad 1
  • lol 1

The Fame Popster 443
On 9/4/2024 at 11:30 AM, OliverDespechao said:

38% :rip:

Just calculated Joker's top critic score: 48% with 96 reviews. J:FAD has 13 so far so still lots of room for change. Silver lining is that non-top reviewers make up like 80% of Joker's score and ultimately are the reason it has a decent score and J:FAD is following the same pattern....so far anyways.

On 9/4/2024 at 11:34 AM, Ayobabylon said:

First one debuted with 85 RT score

Oh this is going horrible so far 

True, but the score ended up down to 69% and the top critic score went from 75% after the premiere to 48% by the end, so first reviews aren't always indicative. 

Edited by Pie-kun
  • paws up 1

Kindness Admin 7,520
On 9/4/2024 at 2:41 PM, MissAsia said:

ASIB is an incredible film and we’re so lucky it was Gaga’s first major film. It’s a blessing. You don’t have to like it, but it’s a very well made film (it has flaws of course) that put Gaga’s acting career in A-list camp single handed because of how good it is, she is and the soundtrack is - like whoa.  

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,324

The way we were celebrating the other movies getting panned only for FAD to do worse is sending me :icant:

Anyways I still have hope for this to become a successfull movie era for her - not expecting it to be her Oscar winning role though

• lol 10

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880
On 9/4/2024 at 3:51 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

The way we were celebrating the other movies getting panned only for FAD to do worse is sending me :icant:

it's what we deserve :giveup:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,481

Yeah, I have a feeing this will get worse than HOG. It's getting mixed reviews, but it might drop to panned territory.

So many critics were not a fan of Joker 1 and are out for blood, especially after Joaquin dropping out of that gay film. :X