On 10/1/2024 at 4:49 PM, Azor Ahai said:

The way we are imagining #2 climb and it's actually predicted to fall :dead:

That’s next week

• paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • thanks 2

ARTPOPster 2,221
On 10/1/2024 at 10:44 PM, 0707alp said:

If the movie is good people still go like it was before covid.

Top 5 Movies Of 2024:

1. Inside Out 2 did $1,690,680,379 on a 200 million dollars budget

2. Deadpool and Wolverine did $1,326,129,593 on a 200 million dollar budget

3.Despicable Me 4 did $954,140,415 on a 100 million dollar budget

4. Dune Part 2 did $711,844,358 on a 190 million budget  and 

5. Godzilla x Kong did  $567,650,016 on a 135 million budget and Godzilla x Kong is considered a soft win.

I know most of them are family movies but Deadpool and Wolverine is rated R too and if Joker being R rated is an excuse for lower box office; first they shouldn’t have spent 200 million dollars on the movie and second first movie did 1 billion dollars on a 55 million dollars budget.

Anything below 600 million dollars is plain failure. Studio gets approximately 50% of the box office and even less in China and advertising budget is the same as budget generally. 

Also 4 of them are sequels to movies that came before covid,

Inside Out 1 did 858m in 2015

Deadpool 2 did 734m in 2018

Despicable Me 3 did 770m in 2017

and Godzilla King of monsters did 387m in 2019.

In addition Dune part 1 was also a pandemic movie that has been released in 2021 and did 407m

I dont count Godzilla vs Kong because it is a pandemic movie. All of these entries did much more than their earlier entries. A billion movie doing less than half of its predecessor is just a bomb. I hope this movie does much better tho.

Edited by 0707alp

Pop-a-911-ster 34,468

in the UK this week #2 is more and more plausible every day because GLB is falling a lot on every streaming metric 

top 3 is 100% happening 

spacer.png

• lol 8

Pop-a-911-ster 30,977

So I was out for a few days (a certain companion album from the charts teas) and I havent been able to keep up with the forum since before Harlqueen droppee so here is my unsolicited opinion on it:

I agree with the sentiment that it could have been something more exciting but also the ambiguous way it was announced didnt help at all, people were not expecting jazzy covers. The ordwr of the tracks did not help, imo the best 3 songs by far on the album are the last 3 tracks.

Close to you is amazing and I'm enjoying it a lot, but I have to say I didn't know the song beforehand.

Happy Mistake is great, but I feel like it's the kind of song that will get old really fast for me. On release day I had faith in it pulling an ARUTW but now I don't see that happen at all.

I really love when in an album a very depressing track gets balanced out by an extremely uplifting one (and she kinda dud that with Angel Down and Grigio Giels). And I feel like that's life creates this effect incredibly, but I do like  That's Life beyond that contrast.

I saw you were ranking Harlequin, CTC and LFS a few pages ago but for me it's hard to do that because CTC has the best song choices, LFS has the most cohesive sound and the better arrangements and H finally gives us a solo jazz project (which I was wishing for for a veery long time) and original music. But I could also easily see H becoming my least fave :bebe:

But after all  this project is that a bonus so both if it tanks and if someone doesnt like it its not the end of the world: the main album is still coming soon so :ohhh:

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1
  • love 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,977
On 10/1/2024 at 9:50 PM, Fame Romance said:

Die With a Smile officially hits #1 on Spotify Latin America :peacega:

Oh Benito levantate del suelo

• lol 6

Pop-a-911-ster 28,978

Rotten Tomatoes score right now

63%
56 reviews

It's being 63 +-1 all day due to fresh/rotten reviews being added :laughga:

• paws up 5
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,031
On 10/1/2024 at 8:59 PM, Miaou said:

in the UK this week #2 is more and more plausible every day because GLB is falling a lot on every streaming metric 

top 3 is 100% happening 

spacer.png

Hold My Gode.mp3

Pop-a-911-ster 28,978
On 10/1/2024 at 5:03 PM, Mr. V said:

I'm watching on Sunday with some friends :bigbird:

Hope they don't panned bomb it after we watch:bigbird:

buy popcorn to compensate

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,977
On 10/1/2024 at 12:18 AM, Fame Romance said:

Argentina Hot 100:

#32(+3) Die with a Smile *new peak* 

Not higher than Spain @Andreu

Y’all better take a break from the reggaeton and follow the example of the bordering countries :education:

Oh end spain for me :ohhh:

Jokes asides I think people dont realise how extremely reliant the spotify charts are on the payola'd main playlists, and it feels like they only promote one single type of music. And specially in the last 2/3 years the chart has been full of khias that they push in these infamously fraudulent playlists when they arent even charting. Or sometimes they have nonsingles from 2018 randomly added.

I.e.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,977

Also i guess it was already discussijg but the show she filmed yesterday must be a Thanksgiving/Christmas TV special :darkmode: oh godga godga

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,738
On 10/1/2024 at 11:13 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

Billie is up to #2 on AM US

Her longevity is amazing, 3rd single chosen by fans/TikTok again, and it's going to smash!

Pop-a-911-ster 26,001
On 10/1/2024 at 2:29 AM, Gypsy Life said:

Close To You has 9k reels on Instagram :rip: oh Happy Mistake get off the floor

Close To You: 9k
Happy Mistake: 5.6k
The Joker: 3.9k

Everything else under 1k, as is everything on TikTok (top song: The Joker, 800 videos)

IG Reels:

Close To You: 16k (+7k:whatga:
Happy Mistake: 7.3k (+1.7k)
The Joker: 5.1k (+1.2k)

• paws up 13
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 4
  • love 1