Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

Pop-a-911-ster 29,003

Grace Randolph review

Spoiler

There are flashes of genius but the film just never gets going. Too much singing, and clearly Phillips isn't good with musicals or female characters. Lady Gaga is horribly underused but Phoenix is brilliant once again. And the film is visually striking.

Edited by Emi
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 2,223
On 10/1/2024 at 2:49 PM, Emi said:

Grace Randolph review

Hide contents

There are flashes of genius but the film just never gets going. Too much singing, and clearly Phillips isn't good with musicals or female characters. Lady Gaga is horribly underused but Phoenix is brilliant once again. And the film is visually striking.

And she gave it a rotten score.

• hugs 1
  • sad 1
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,911
On 10/1/2024 at 7:49 AM, Emi said:

Grace Randolph review

Hide contents

For once she’s right :whatga:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,823
On 10/1/2024 at 1:49 PM, Emi said:

Grace Randolph review

Hide contents

Basically those who are going for Joker will like. Gaga fans who are going for her only, won't

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,155
On 10/1/2024 at 7:49 AM, Emi said:

Grace Randolph review

Hide contents

Spoiler

I kept saying to myself "Todd has no idea how to shoot these musical sequences!?!?" The waltz scene on the roof top was just garbage filmmaking. Every shot just looked bad to me and im suprised it didnt get cut (though it was clear they edited it to oblivion). That scene was when I was like "the musical isnt working. Todd sucks at these". I honestly think someone else directing the musical numbers would have been better. Cause the real world scenes were awesome. Lee climbing the stairs in her Harley makeup was otherworldly spectacular. Joker in the courtroom scenes were some of the best in the film. It really felt like a real world Gotham. The whole thing is so u even though. 

Pop-a-911-ster 27,412
On 10/1/2024 at 9:23 AM, hennywise said:

They are holding a preview screening in Thailand. The reviews will come at 9:00 p.m. I'm interested in what the reviews have to say...

@OreoÀDeux it's Bangcock time

• lol 6
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 13,279
On 10/1/2024 at 1:23 PM, Dean Judaster said:

It's been stuck in my head all morning going to work

mine is 'thats life' and 'close to you'

the TTH track they put on has no catchiness or hook :icant:

• paws up 2