Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

Pop-a-911-ster 27,412
On 9/3/2024 at 9:37 AM, Aloe said:

There was an expose noted a few years back that radio executives did indeed blacklist certain artists especially if they were from a certain label (I can’t rmb the article but I think it was brought up by either HDD or billboard or rolling stone)

Could've sworn there were more reputable websites posting the article but this is essentially the same content

https://thatgrapejuice.net/2020/10/report-shawn-mendes-dua-lipa-sheeran-named-payola-scandal/

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 17,219
On 9/3/2024 at 2:37 PM, Aloe said:

There was an expose noted a few years back that radio executives did indeed blacklist certain artists especially if they were from a certain label (I can’t rmb the article but I think it was brought up by either HDD or billboard or rolling stone)

Wasn’t it opposite? They express few labels manipulating. I remember Dua Lipa was brought up

Pop-a-911-ster 27,412
On 9/3/2024 at 9:42 AM, Replay said:

Im aware of that and thats what i meant with “republic records cheques”

I got the reference, which is why I liked your reply. I just shared it because Aloe referenced it.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 17,219
On 9/3/2024 at 2:40 PM, Arturo said:

Are we seeing the same DWAS radio updates because everything is pointing to this being her biggest radio hit since Applause :rip: 

Right :rip: Radio will probably be reason to overtake Sabrina on Hot100 unless Taste keeps tanking on streaming. Not to mention new singles that will come in the folklornih weeks. DWAS is the biggest song that’s currently rising on the radio

Edited by Replay

Popster to Popster 4,168
On 9/3/2024 at 8:42 AM, Replay said:

Wasn’t it opposite? They express few labels manipulating. I remember Dua Lipa was brought up

Interscope was NOT manipulating. And we know this well. 

A Popster Is Born 17,219
On 9/3/2024 at 2:46 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Interscope was NOT manipulating. And we know this well. 

Period :arguega: i will rather play fair  

Popster for Sale 46,520
On 9/3/2024 at 1:46 PM, nattuggla89 said:

And when a label was unwilling to pay? A text from Zap warned the radio station not to take directions from the record company. “Please don’t let Interscope dictate anything to you,” he wrote. “They don’t pay me sh!t.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/pay-for-play-radio-texts-1067691/

This is actually so funny to me :icant:

The one time our conspiracies were proven to be right :icant:

• paws up 1
  • sad 1
  • lol 8

ARTPOPster 2,086
On 9/3/2024 at 9:40 AM, Arturo said:

Are we seeing the same DWAS radio updates because everything is pointing to this being her biggest radio hit since Applause :rip: 

People think radio is like in 2013

Popstanne 9,989
On 9/3/2024 at 5:52 AM, sugden said:

People think radio is like in 2013

Makes sense because people also thought 2013 radio was like 2009-11 radio and that Applause, while a big radio hit, was bigger than JD, PF, Paparazzi, BR, BTW, and TEOG, which is false.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,168
On 9/3/2024 at 8:51 AM, DieWithAnOreo said:

This is actually so funny to me :icant:

The one time our conspiracies were proven to be right :icant:

When your record company pays the artists and not the radio stations. 

old man hand GIF

Popster for Sale 46,520
On 9/3/2024 at 1:58 PM, Imtired1616 said:

When your record company pays the artists and not the radio stations. 

old man hand GIF

As they should.

Not a fan of songs people don't want to hear being shoved down their eardrums either - I think Gaga's approach of not forcing it if people are not connecting with it, but pushing the songs when they do connect is a great strategy for the longevity of her brand. Obviously this is not always the case (ARUTW not being serviced to radio is the most jarring case). 

Edited by DieWithAnOreo

Popstanne 5,983
On 9/3/2024 at 2:07 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Ugh. The Swifites and Madonna fans are already out in full force trashing ActorGa. I wish we could just enjoy s@#$ for once. 

sad black and white GIF

Honestly who cares about those pieces of sh!t, but we truly need the right people on our side: the critics tomorrow, I’m very nervous. :scared:

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

A Popster Is Born 11,837

Bloody Mary not being pushed on every format while everyone was actually connecting and screaming for more content tied to it, is just the biggest epic fail from her and her team in her whole career. 

Like the easiest smash hit ever missed only because of some dumb decisions.

Edited by Moonlight Shadow

Pop-a-911-ster 29,041

Kworb radio update

#32 +1 Lady Gaga & Bruno Mars - Die With A Smile 24.20 +0.27

formats -> 4 (-1)

:sassysalem:

• paws up 9

Popstanne 9,989

Applause doing as well as it did on radio (#4 Pop / #7 Radio Songs) is still extremely impressive given the landscape of radio in 2013.

2013 was one of the least friendly years to electro-pop/dance-pop in 4+ years. It leaned heavily into urban (Blurred Lines/Get Lucky/We Can't Stop) for the first time since 2008. Meanwhile there was a HAC leaning resurgence throughout the entire year especially in the beginning and end (Stay, JGMAR, Royals, Wrecking Ball, Roar, Counting Stars, Say Something).

Applause really was in its own lane.

• paws up 4