Not the dick cheese talk

Time to stream Joanne (Where Do You Think You're Goin'?) for some clear mind

Look! It’s a Saint marching in

Popster for Sale 44,121
On 9/26/2024 at 10:40 PM, Delusional said:

Cottage cheese is a good protein source 💪 

And a certain Greek dip as well

Moderator 4,208

Here are some of my thoughts - a little bit in a disarray as the lateness is getting to me. As I've been busy tonight I really haven't had the time to read other people's opinions so I do not know how mainstream my opinion is. 

I get why this is being presented as a companion album - many of the tracks are musical theatre-esque and probably tied to JFAD. Personally for me, the problem is that musical theatre tracks work more in a setting with visuals. This audio only problem is especially prevalent in the more upbeat and faster tracks as they probably were originally together with a dance number and lots of things happening. However the ballads all range from good to amazing and I can see myself returning to them more.

First listen highlight for me were:

• World on a String
  • The Joker
  • Close to You
  • Happy Mistake

Haven't seen which songs they are pushing but I would choose the Joker as a single.

Spoiler

Here some notes i wrote down for each song:

Good Morning
NGL I kinda vibed with the Sax solo. Very musical number, hence do not see myself repeating a lot. 

Get Happy
We continue with the musical numberesque tracks. I feel they need a visual and work in a theatre setting, less in an album. 

Oh, When The Saints
This is the type of reimagings I hoped for. Still, I do not see myself going back to this a lot. 

World on a String*
First song I loved instantly. Added to my daily playlists. 

If My Friends Could See Me Now
Back to a more jazz - musical number song, however it works a little bit more after the lovely ballad which was World on a String.

That’s Entertainment
We continue with the musical numbers. Another banger of a Sax solo.

Smile
Cover of an evergreen classic. I like it - the ballads somehow just work.

The Joker*
I love it. I personally hoped for more rock reimaginings and this clearly is it.

Folie a Deux
A solowrite - I guess we can expect it to be present in every tour set list just like You and I. I like it.

Gonna Build a Mountain
Upbeat jazz

Close to You*
When I hear it, the first thing I think of is the Simpsons movie lmao. However I like it, but here it is another case of a slower song.

Happy Mistake*
This is good. An original song. For me this does not reach the highs of her previous ballads like ARUTW, INLA, but it is still good.

That's Life
Here the Frank Sinatra version is just too known and on a first listen Gaga does not surpass it.

• paws up 3
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 2,226

My song by song thoughts in spoiler 

Spoiler

Good Morning - is eh okay. This song reminds me my childhood and thats it

Get Happy - went hard at the end

Oh, When The Saints - instrumentals are fun, a good bar song to dance along

World on A String - Cool but not that remarkable

If My Friends Could See Me Now - Reminds me Just Another Day, good song to listen on the way to work and lifts ones mood it is so joyful

That’s Entertainment - Okay ? Would love an old-school movie scene with it but don’t think it will be a regular for me. Her singing voice is so nice tho.

Smile - The original version is one of my favourlte songs EVER. And her rendition is so lovely. She made it justice. 

The Joker - Just Superb. I love her confidence, the rock vibes and song overall. I wish more of the songs sounded like this.

Folie à Deux - Snow White, Arielle, Belle hear this here. You have a neighbor in the princess town. 

Gonna Build A Mountain - Omg Go Gaga and I am only at first 30 seconds. Love the groovy vibe, This goes real hard.

Close To You - A rainy day, you have many problems and go for a walk listwning to this song and you are fully powered up at the end. Totally my vibe

Happy Mistake - Didn’t vlbe wit it at the start but her belting parts and after sells it to me. Might like it much more after a couple of listens. and her high notes are angelic.

That’s Life - Another song totally syncs with me. Her growls are so nice.

The Joker and Gonna Build a Mountain are my fave after the first time. 

Overall nice album. Its like her jazz albums I love them but they are not on rotation that much. The visuals, Louvre video and snippets made me think much more of a rock inspired album. If it wasn’t Gaga I wouldnt care much for it tho. A solid 8/10 from me

Edited by 0707alp
  • paws up 2

The Fame Popster 466

Big playlisting improvements for DWAS in France (Spotify) in addition to the cover of Hits du moment. The song is now #5 in Hit Radio (392k) and #14 in La vie est belle (912k). The song was at the bottom of these playlists last week. :happydance:

Edited by Torn
  • paws up 11
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 4