Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

Popster This Way 648
On 9/26/2024 at 3:26 PM, JennyWayne said:

The new Linkin Park song up to #9 (+33) on global in its second day. Wonder how it will do in the long run

Austria DWAS #5(-1) as the new song surpassed it unfortunately. Linkin Park slaying with having #1 and #2 spots on Spotify....

ARTPOPster 1,317

let me give share my thoughts on each track, huge spolier alert:

Spoiler

1. Good Morning

Not much different from the original one, just a little more upbeat

2. Get Happy

same as the first song, it's almost identical to the Judy Garland version, for me it's a huge let down because she's just paying tribute to Judy rather than giving a reimagined interpretation.

3. Oh, When The Saints

Finally something different:teddy:she turned this song into a rock gospel. like a song from the movie "Sister Act". Can't say I love it but it's a cute bop.

4. World On A String

the opening is serving Lana del Rey, the latter part sounds like " Tears Dry On Their Own" by Amy Winehouse. Hate it the frist time I listened to it but now I enjoy it a lot.

5. If My Friends Could See Me Now

Can totally fit in CTC seamlessly, if you like "It don't mean a thing" from CTC you'll enjoy it.

6. That's Entertainment

Again, it's almost the same as the original one, I think she just want to keep it that way because she likes Judy too much.

7. Smile

The last song of A-side, It's sounds like a classic French chanson, her voice is very sweet and sleepy, it can be a very pleasant background music in local coffee shop.

8. The Joker

The starting of B side, a rock masterpiece and her vocal is insane in this track. I feel gagged listening to this song. Just when you think it won't get any better it will surprise you in the next second.

9. Folie à Deux

One of the original song from the album, beautiful orchesta and waltz music. It's like songs from a classic Disney Movie. a more upbeat and modern version of "Once upon a dream"

10. Gonna Build A Mountain

This is definitely more Amy Winehouse than CTC, the latter part is swing music with great vocal. Like "Valerie" from Amy Winehouse/Mark Ronson

11. Close To You

This version is different from the movie version, think about it this way: it's just like Joanne(the song) and movie one is the piano version and this one is the standard version. The beat is similar to Just another day but the production is wayyy better. I like this one a lot.

12. Happy Mistake

I'm probably the only one who's gonna describe it this way, but it sounds like the acoustic version of "You lost me" by Xina. I personally love it very much and it's something she never created before. Definitely the best song Bloodpop ever produced.

13. That's Life

I like the trailer version better, but again it's Amy Winehouse Jazz rather than CTC with this one. Probably the most "Amy"-coded one in this album

• paws up 6
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 11,042
On 9/26/2024 at 3:30 PM, nattuggla89 said:

Austria DWAS #5(-1) as the new song surpassed it unfortunately. Linkin Park slaying with having #1 and #2 spots on Spotify....

Yes from what I've seen from a quick glance it's doing really well in Central Europe. DWAS is block from #1 and #2 in Switzerland and Luxembourg from them as well

Edited by JennyWayne

Popster for Sale 44,104

Let me just put it this way:

FaD is classic Broadway. It would have easily been a standout track in a musical, especially if tweaked to become a duet. She's ready for her Tony.

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 5
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 11,042

The fraud continues in Bulgaria

#1 Who (=)

#2 Be Mine (+40) (another BoTS member song)

#13 Die With A Smile (+1)

#44 (-39) Up

gret3.gif

Edited by JennyWayne
  • lol 5

Popstanne 9,970
On 9/26/2024 at 6:34 PM, PanPikus said:

In 30 minutes I think we should have New Music NZ and Australia update. I hope Warner Bros had some spare coins to spend on the album playlisting 

Everybody can get on those playlists.

Even Katy had four songs on those playlists (WW, lifetimes, i am his, gorgeous).

Real push would be having #1 position+ cover + 2 songs from album on them.

Although #1 position should have been booked by weeknd.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 9/26/2024 at 7:15 PM, boobatella said:

Spotify Estonia

#7 (-1) DWAS 

I hate you FLOPstonia :nicki_scream:

Not me randomly remembering Esther in the movie Orphan was from Estonia :icant:

• lol 2

Popster This Way 657
On 9/26/2024 at 9:35 PM, nydedan said:

for me the best track is gonna build a mountain:giveup:

I'm excited for this track. People describe it as "Valerie" from Amy Winehouse! 

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 11,042

I have to wake up at 6AM tomorrow so I don't really want to wait until midnight to listen to Harlequin

But I don't have time today either... ugh the struggles

gretchen-derrotada.gif