Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

ARTPOPster 1,971

Liddos are... :eyega: Just keep an open mind, y'all. If it's good it's good. If not, move on. 

I love rock and pop rock as much as the next guy (and gal, good sis @boobatella) and believe that timeless sound was a big part of ASIB's musical success, but there's great music to be found in every genre.

She's not singing with Tony, she has original music, DWAS is smashing, and we're still getting LG7! Stop the drama, start the music. :gaga-dead:

• paws up 4
  • thanks 8
  • love 1

Moderator 9,578
On 9/25/2024 at 9:16 AM, little legend said:

She can't occupy the #3 even with DWAS , what makes you believe that a jazz song will?:icant:

Bc nowadays every album released will see multiple songs on the charts. Or is that just me :rip:

Pop-a-911-ster 34,468
On 9/25/2024 at 9:21 AM, ViviLittleM said:

Just wait and listen and interpret by yourself before being annoying :giveup:

Wow Vivi is the most annoying person on earth

• lol 2

Moderator 9,578
On 9/25/2024 at 9:22 AM, derpmonster said:

Liddos are... :eyega: Just keep an open mind, y'all. If it's good it's good. If not, move on. 

I love rock and pop rock as much as the next guy (and gal, good sis @boobatella) and believe that timeless sound was a big part of ASIB's musical success, but there's great music to be found in every genre.

She's not singing with Tony, she has original music, DWAS is smashing, and we're still getting LG7! Stop the drama, start the music. :gaga-dead:

Wait, people think she sings with Tony? Lmao!

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,971
On 9/25/2024 at 12:15 AM, Leptine said:

So apparently these will be the studio recording covers meanwhile in the soundtrack it’s the live versions sang in character in the movie.

Tbh this makes sense. 

I wished they did something like this for ASIB—the soundtrack that had live versions with uncorrected vocals, crowd sounds, etc., and an inspired album with polished production, full versions, extra songs like Before I Cry, Is That Alright? Instead we got a mix of the two. Maybe they learned from it. :prideheart:

I'm still not convinced it'll be just polished versions of the movie songs though. It's called "Harlequin" which implies a shift in perspective. She said she was writing music for the secret project... :jailga: Let's just wait another day. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,816
On 9/25/2024 at 9:07 AM, boobatella said:

some people live in the gay bubble and don’t think music and soldout tours outside of Taylor Swift etc exist :icant:

Most of my biggest and best concert experiences have been Rock and Metal legends :icant:

I attended to a metel / rock Fest last summer featuring Alice Cooper, Scorpions, Judas Priest, Extreme. It was such an incredible experience. One of my fave concert memory tbh 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 305
On 9/25/2024 at 7:41 AM, Gabi said:

Maybe not easily but she can at least do 1-2 arena dates in the main cities of Asia.

But no MPG ever flopped this hard before, it’s hard to predict the result.

GP doesn’t even know that the album is out, when they will see that Katy Perry is doing a tour the nostalgia effect will start. Xtina had to cancel bionic tour and JLo recently cancelled her last tour. We will see now if Katy has the power to sell out arenas

A Popster Is Born 11,816
On 9/25/2024 at 9:25 AM, derpmonster said:

Tbh this makes sense. 

I wished they did something like this for ASIB—the soundtrack that had live versions with uncorrected vocals, crowd sounds, etc., and an inspired album with polished production, full versions, extra songs like Before I Cry, Is That Alright? Instead we got a mix of the two. Maybe they learned from it. :prideheart:

I'm still not convinced it'll be just polished versions of the movie songs though. It's called "Harlequin" which implies a shift in perspective. She said she was writing music for the secret project... :jailga: Let's just wait another day. 

I honestly wish she made a post explaining the creative perspective of Harlequin with the announcement. oh well, maybe we'll know more today or tomorrow before the release :oops:

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 640

I love the fact that people are in meltdown mode after Mr S. said 'JAZZ' when the 3 snippets couldn't be further away from Jazz... (Didn't Mr. S also tease Folklore as piano ballads?)

Liddos are the definition of 'The burnt child dreads the fire.' :billie:

Edited by nattuggla89
  • paws up 4
  • thanks 5

Pop-a-911-ster 23,870
On 9/25/2024 at 10:35 AM, kékette said:

I want Rock-Soul-Pop-Gaga

i’m so confused because the snippets sound like this but then streets are saying the songs are just studio versions of the jazz covers sung in the movie :icant:

A Popster Is Born 12,047

AM Cayman Islands

#1 (+2) DWAS *new peak*

47th #1 on AM

Spoiler

Algeria
Bahrain
Belize
Bolivia
Bhutan
Brazil
Cayman Islands