#3 on Spotify for us then :bradley:

Coming to shake up the bubbling under charts

Spoiler

LG7 lead has competition :bradley:

• lol 2

Popster This Way 813

DAILY REMINDER WE ARE 31 / 38 or 45 DAYS AWAY FROM LG7 FIRST SINGLE

I CAN’T BELIEVE

I think Dance In The Shadow is going to be the first single, don’t you think so?

• paws up 3
  • hugs 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popstanne 9,989

The fact that LG7 lead will be released on either DWAS 9th, 10th, or 11th tracking week :dead:

I would have opted for around week 20 if possible which means either moving DWAS up to like June/July OR moving LG7 lead down to Nov/Dec....both were kinda bad given A Bar Song's dominance in the summer and the inevitable Xmas freeze in the winter.

Popstanne 9,981
On 9/11/2024 at 2:45 AM, Arturo said:

The fact that LG7 lead will be released on either DWAS 9th, 10th, or 11th tracking week :dead:

I would have opted for around week 20 if possible which means either moving DWAS up to like June/July OR moving LG7 lead down to Nov/Dec....both were kinda bad given A Bar Song's dominance in the summer and the inevitable Xmas freeze in the winter.

I don't think they were expecting the song to blow up the way, it did. 

It debuted with very minimal playlisting and midweek / second week they realized they got a mega smash on hand and playlisting escalated.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,187
On 9/10/2024 at 5:48 PM, zoldyck said:

I don't think they were expecting the song to blow up the way, it did. 

It debuted with very minimal playlisting and midweek / second week they realized they got a mega smash on hand and playlisting escalated.

They certainly were not expecting it to go #1

Spoiler

And neither should we. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

:bradley:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,180

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually think DWAS has a chance to go #1 in the Netherlands this week... it would be her first number one here since Born This Way :bradley:

• paws up 5
  • shook 1
  • hugs 1

Popstanne 6,004
On 9/10/2024 at 10:38 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

I feel like this might not be far from the truth. She was so present in the first the teaser, then out of nowhere we get that variety article claiming she's supporting and suddenly come second tesaser she's basically nowhere to be seen. 

She was marketed as the lead from the get-go, there is no doubt about it. Of course it could be just a way to sell the movie on Gaga's celebrity.

If something shady like this happened behind the scenes I fear we will never have the real Tea from Gaga, I think that she doesn’t want to create messiness in the industry or getting a bad reputation after all the hard work she put to be taken seriously as actress, even if she’s right.

I also think it’s not casual her starting the music era now, hope she eventually gets her revenge if that’s the case.

Fun fact Cher missed the best actress nomination from ‘Mask’ properly because she spent the whole season dragging the director in the press because she claimed he cut her best scenes and the director clapped back dragging her as well, it was a PR nightmare.

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 34,834
On 9/11/2024 at 12:00 AM, JennyWayne said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually think DWAS has a chance to go #1 in the Netherlands this week... it would be her first number one here since Born This Way :bradley:

What ? How ?

Popstanne 6,004
On 9/10/2024 at 11:25 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

At least this will never happen to us :icant:

I love her, I’ve been wanted to know her opinion on Gaga but she never said anything about her.

A Popster Is Born 11,180
On 9/11/2024 at 12:03 AM, Miaou said:

What ? How ?

If we're talking Top 40 specifically (which is streaming + radio) it's currently #2 on Spotify (#1 song is a local song with almost 0 airplay) and #1 still on AM. From what I've seen on Dutch radio it's currently only being outpaced by Taste (which is a lot lower on streaming). Its radio performance is on par with BOAF and Bar Song and it's currently outperforming those songs on streaming.

The main thing is that I can't find precise data on something equivalent of radio AI (only a website with spins) but if my assumptions are correct then it should be fighting for #1 with another local song, which is currently doing similar numbers to DWAS.

• love 2

A Popster Is Born 12,728
On 9/10/2024 at 6:17 PM, Gypsy Life said:

She's not falling to 70-80m. She'll stay at 90m.

The same amount of people listening to DWAS in its first month will also be listening in the 2nd month.

You forgot to put #humble at the end. Dont jinx it king

Popster for Sale 46,642
On 9/10/2024 at 11:02 PM, Leptine said:

If something shady like this happened behind the scenes I fear we will never have the real Tea from Gaga, I think that she doesn’t want to create messiness in the industry or getting a bad reputation after all the hard work she put to be taken seriously as actress, even if she’s right.

I also think it’s not casual her starting the music era now, hope she eventually gets her revenge if that’s the case.

Fun fact Cher missed the best actress nomination from ‘Mask’ properly because she spent the whole season dragging the director in the press because she claimed he cut her best scenes and the director clapped back dragging her as well, it was a PR nightmare.

I'd be here for the same coming from Gaga tbh nnnn. But I think her approach will be more using this campaign as an audition for the next role. She's not exactly fawning over her director/co-stars this time which is an... interesting change. 

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 26,378
On 9/11/2024 at 1:09 AM, Doncho said:

You forgot to put #humble at the end. Dont jinx it king

#humble would actually be claiming that she'll keep increasing even after the 28 days 

And I'm not claiming that.. yet :peacega:

• shook 1
  • lol 5

Popster to Popster 4,187
On 9/10/2024 at 6:02 PM, Leptine said:

Just adding to this....

It's kinda sus that she released DWAS , a song with a title that could be associated with the movie, right before the massive press for the movie started. And from what she's said, the song was written, recorded, and video shot....all in the past few months. Very sus to me. It definitely feels like there's more going on here than what we know. Gaga is always very intentional. 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1