Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 4,776
On 9/8/2024 at 11:10 AM, VoldeLorde said:

Oh, it’ll still be a pop culture phenomenon. Even if it makes $600M, we’re guaranteed a top 5 spot in highest grossing movies of the year (not accounting for other blockbusters, like Venom 3, Moana 2, and Mufasa, who I think all have a chance of beating J:FAD). Top Ten for the year ain’t too bad, and it beats both ASIB and HOG, which were #21 and #30 respectively. 

As long as numbers are good, studios will approve of Gaga, and as long as the performance is praised, people will want to work with her. I think she’s sitting pretty honestly 

you really think a blockbuster movie whose character is known and worshipped religiously all around the globe will only make an extra 150m$ than A Star Is Born now with Gaga co-starring???

Gaga CARRIED A Star Is Born box office because had it been any other female actors the gross would have never crossed >200m$ 

A Popster Is Born 19,663
On 9/8/2024 at 6:00 AM, Lazz Monster said:

DWAS on YT - Daily Views

Reveal hidden contents

1st day — 5.42M
2nd day — 3.33M (-39%)
3rd day — 2.29M (-31%)
4th day — 2.09M (-9%)
5th day — 2.25M (+8%)
6th day — 2.14M (-5%)
7th day — 2.29M (+7%)
8th day — 2.45M (+7%)
9th Day — 2.21M (-10%)
10th day — 1.98M (-10%)
11th day — 2M (+1%)
12th day — 2M (+0%)
13th day — 2.06M (+3%)
14th day — 2.14M (+4%)
15th day — 2.17M (+1%) 

16th day — 2.2M (+1%)
17th day — 2.15M (-2%)
18th day — 2.28M (+6%)
19th day — 2.36M (+4%)
20th day — 2.34M (-1%)
21st day — 2.53M (+8%)
22nd day — 2.54M (+0%)

23rd day — 2.74M (+8%) *biggest day since day 2 (again!) :giveup:

Total — 55,960,526 views

Not almost 3M after 23 days :banana:

This is sooo amazing. Thank you for the updates.

• hugs 1

Popster to Popster 4,153

Thinking about it... Abracadabra sounds a lot like Feminomenon by Chappell, which is a great song, so all is not lost... (Chappell's album is surprisingly good, apart from 4 songs, 3 of which are boring and 1 is a Taylor Swift song. It'd be better with 10 songs instead of 14. A 7/10 album for me).

Edited by Osama

Popster This Way 859
On 9/7/2024 at 11:15 PM, TheCureInChromatica said:

you really think a blockbuster movie whose character is known and worshipped religiously all around the globe will only make an extra 150m$ than A Star Is Born now with Gaga co-starring???

Gaga CARRIED A Star Is Born box office because had it been any other female actors the gross would have never crossed >200m$ 

I was speaking in a case where $600M is the floor, it would still be performing well for this year. I think the movie has a range of $600-800M potentially. 

Popstanne 5,995

I think this JFAD has chances to perform like the first one and who knows even better, the reactions are all over the place and lot of people will want to judge by themselves, especially because the first it's a cult classic and very beloved, but let's keep the expecations lows just in case, when we have low expectations things go better.

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,565
On 9/8/2024 at 10:10 AM, Leptine said:

I think this JFAD has chances to perform like the first one and who knows even better, the reactions are all over the place and lot of people will want to judge by themselves, especially because the first it's a cult classic and very beloved, but let's keep the expecations lows just in case, when we have low expectations things go better.

Im keeping my expectations at $500M 

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

Popstanne 5,565

The Weeknd debuts new song “Wake Me Up” at his concert in São Paulo, which appears to sample Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”. 

Although it sounds like a song from his past 2 albums and pretty boring to me

Popstanne 9,989

Die With A Smile

Week 1 - 75.1M Global Streams

Week 2 - 97.2M Global Streams

So up to week 36 it has 172.3M Global Streams. Week 3 is headed well over 100M.

@Gypsy Life it's a long shot but only by averaging 80M in the last 16 weeks would it be in contention for IFPI Top 10... ugh why do I feel like she released at the worst time for this smash on the year end charts.

• paws up 2
  • sad 1

ARTPOPster 1,796
On 9/8/2024 at 1:40 PM, Arturo said:

Die With A Smile

Week 1 - 75.1M Global Streams

Week 2 - 97.2M Global Streams

So up to week 36 it has 172.3M Global Streams. Week 3 is headed well over 100M.

@Gypsy Life it's a long shot but only by averaging 80M in the last 16 weeks would it be in contention for IFPI Top 10... ugh why do I feel like she released at the worst time for this smash on the year end charts.

why i feel like it's doable...it "only" has to do slightly better than its first week for another 4 months

Spoiler

:icant:

Spoiler

and I'm glad that at least taylor's two fraudulent songs will be shut out of top10

Popstanne 9,989
On 9/7/2024 at 11:34 PM, nydedan said:

why i feel like it's doable...it "only" has to do slightly better than its first week for another 4 months

Reveal hidden contents

:icant:

Reveal hidden contents

and I'm glad that at least taylor's two fraudulent songs will be shut out of top10

She needs to rack up multiple 100M weeks to make up for the Christmas fall

Pop-a-911-ster 29,157
On 9/8/2024 at 12:06 AM, ConnorFilm said:

Unless radio gets on board, I think this is falling out of the top 10 in two or so weeks. 3-6-6-8-10. If they filmed a VMAS performance, however, all bets are off. That might force radio to play it more if the performance goes viral on TikTok. 

It’s literally 2 on both AM and Spotify how can it fall out of top10 in 2 weeks :rip:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 10
  • lol 6

Popstanne 9,989
On 9/7/2024 at 11:51 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Flowers by Miley Cyrus is still in 24th place on the US radio ?? 

It's still Top 3 on AC and its recurrent HAC and Pop airplay is good.

Popster to Popster 2,695
On 9/7/2024 at 9:10 PM, VoldeLorde said:

Oh, it’ll still be a pop culture phenomenon. Even if it makes $600M, we’re guaranteed a top 5 spot in highest grossing movies of the year (not accounting for other blockbusters, like Venom 3, Moana 2, and Mufasa, who I think all have a chance of beating J:FAD). Top Ten for the year ain’t too bad, and it beats both ASIB and HOG, which were #21 and #30 respectively. 

As long as numbers are good, studios will approve of Gaga, and as long as the performance is praised, people will want to work with her. I think she’s sitting pretty honestly 

I think you all don't know the movie industry. Lots of actors and actresses fail. Remember how "Babylon" and "Amsterdam" flopped so hard in 2022? Did we give up on Margot Robbie? Gaga has the power to get movies; if she wants, she can. She doesn't need to prove herself as a movie star. 

Edited by Impossible Princess
  • paws up 3