Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

Popster for Sale 44,031

Spotify - September 2024

• The Fame: 3,010,590 average daily streams (up 5.5% MoM / up 27.0% YoY)
  • The Fame Monster: 1,878,618 average daily streams (up 3.7% MoM / up 30.3% YoY)
  • Born This Way: 2,435,707 average daily streams (up 9.9% MoM / up 53.0% YoY)
  • ARTPOP: 525,957 average daily streams (up 2.2% MoM / up 9.7% YoY)
  • Joanne: 417,110 average daily streams (up 9.6% MoM / up 1.3% YoY)
  • A Star Is Born: 2,438,360 average daily streams (up 11.1% MoM / up 27.8% YoY)
  • Chromatica: 603,220 average daily streams (down 2.9% MoM / down 10.0% YoY)

• paws up 7
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,222
On 10/2/2024 at 7:42 PM, Azor Ahai said:

Just watched JFAD. 

Spoiler free mini review

Hide contents

It's really good! I don't understand the critics opinion! Gaga really shined and Phoenix is a great actor. Mini spoiler but Gaga is definitely lead actress here. She's there in the entire movie .

why everyone's saying different things about Gaga being in a lot of parts of the movie or not :icant: are they playing different versions in every country

Edited by ViviLittleM
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,451
On 10/2/2024 at 2:41 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I am seeing NO positive reviews from publications. This thing might drop to 30% or something given that at least another 200 reviews will be added in the coming weeks and months. 

I have three positive ones that count bookmarked, might email RT when I get home, but it won’t make a difference :leap:

• paws up 1
  • hugs 2
  • thanks 1

Kindness Admin 7,915
On 10/2/2024 at 1:42 PM, BenG said:

Chromatica-Spotify-Monthly.jpg

Delete it sis

Cut It Out GIF by CBS

• shook 1
  • sad 1
  • lol 3

A Popster Is Born 19,584
On 10/2/2024 at 7:44 PM, ViviLittleM said:

why everyone's saying different things about Gaga being in a lot of parts of the movie or not :icant: are they playing different versions in every country

This is NOT the reply we are waiting for

@ConnorFilm

• lol 5

Popster to Popster 4,828
On 10/2/2024 at 12:47 PM, OnionGirl said:

I have three positive ones that count bookmarked, might email RT when I get home, but it won’t make a difference :leap:

Please do! I need some positivity right now! :laughga:

• lol 1

Kindness Admin 7,915
On 10/2/2024 at 1:44 PM, ViviLittleM said:

She’s supporting. I’ll put more in a spoiler tag:

Spoiler

Gaga is in a lot of the film, but she is not a lead character. She is a supporting character in the film due to story and focus.

On top of that they do her dirty, I’d say, and don’t go anywhere with her character. it’s a shame. We never actually see her become Harley (or really understand her plan)  

On top of that, she has no incredible scene that supporting characters often (but not always) need to be nominated. That’s squarely on Todd for making a film generally lacking in such scenes overall.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,310

My thoughts on JFAD after seeing it today, I'll keep it short:

general thoughts

Spoiler

Overall I like it alot, I already predict the storyline and the ending based on the critics so the ending didn't bother me at all. However there are some obvious flaws in the movie that make this film a lil bit unbearable during the process, but I'm glad that Todd is taking a risk to make this sequel happen in the least expected way.

good things about it

Spoiler

I like how story goes and it reminds me of Luc Besson's Jeanne d'Arc, it built up the story only to make the audience realise that the protagonist is only a human. Joaquin gave a spectacular performance in this movie. 

Gaga's acting has improved alot, in HoG her acting is a hit or miss throughout the film but in this one she totally sold me as Harlequin.

Music really plays an important part of this film, the more you read into the lyrics the more you understand what's really going on. There are 3 songs that play major keys in the story:

1.  That's entertainment (Lee sang it to make Arthur turn into Joker)

2. Oh when the saints(Joker's fans wish Arthur can lead them to a salvation)

3. Gonna Build A Mountain(the rise of Joker and the dead of Arthur)

Bad things/Missed opportunities

Spoiler

All Gaga related scenes are either shortened/cut off. She's 100% go supporting in this film. I believe they change the script and in the original one she was supposed to backstabbed Joker like what we see in his ilusions, but in this version they focused on the mental struggle of Arthur. Which is fine, but I wish they end the movie the moment Arthur escaped the court and got in the car. If so they can create an open ending and leave a good taste in everybody's mouth. But they go on and let Lee and Arthur break up on the stairs, that scene is so lame and hollow and everything go a downward spiral after that.

Some songs are too long, I'm sorry to say this but Joaquin is a terrible singer and it's so annoying to hear his voice all the time. His imaginations sometimes didn't reflect on the actual plot(another indication that they might alter the original story.)

my thoughts about the ending

Spoiler

I believe in the last scene they are suggesting that Lee is actually pregnent with his child, I guess the pregnency was supposed to be a pivot point of the film. Arthur fell back in love with Lee and played Joker in the court after she announced the pregnency. It gave Arthur hope and is the main reason why he changed his actitude and fired his lawyer. In the ending Arthur got a visitor and he thought it's Lee, he saved his hope on his child only to be stabbed to death by a lunatic. It might imply that his death will be the birth of real Joker(that's why gonna build a mountain is playing, and Lee keeps mentioning that after he's free they will build a mountain together)

"And thе Lord sends Gabriel to take me away
Ah, what a fine young son to take my place
I'll leave a son in a heaven on earth
With the good Lord's grace"

It would actually be a f-ing brilliant ending if they can give Gaga more scenes, ugh such a wasted opportunity.:lesson:

• hugs 1

ARTPOPster 1,738
On 10/2/2024 at 8:52 PM, admin said:

Reveal hidden contents

Gaga is in a lot of the film, but she is not a lead character. She is a supporting character in the film due to story and focus.

On top of that they do her dirty, I’d say, and don’t go anywhere with her character. it’s a shame. We never actually see her become Harley (or really understand her plan)  

On top of that, she has no incredible scene that supporting characters often (but not always) need to be nominated. That’s squarely on Todd for making a film generally lacking in such scenes overall.

Spoiler

Why did you expect that? This movie is grounded to reality and makes fun of the original characters. In the original story, joker is a crazy manipulator and makes Harley, a psychiatrist fall in love with him . He doesn't love her, he just wants to use her . In this movie it's a reversal. She's using him as a fantasy to escape her boring mundane reality. She's just a privileged brat who wanted to date a serial killer. 

ARTPOPster 1,310
On 10/3/2024 at 1:52 AM, admin said:

Hide contents

I'm furious that none of the leaked photos/tapes make to the final cut, they really did her dirty.

• paws up 1
  • sad 1

ARTPOPster 1,738

I'm sorry but I feel like I watched a different movie.:laughga:

I want to hear the director's input cuz I might be completely delusional and start laughing like Arthur.

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster This Way 832

I need them to release the live performance on streaming or something before I illegally download it and it loses streams 

• thanks 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 34,468

Watching her Happy Mistake live again she is so incredible :bradley:

her vocals are near The Sound of Music’s excellence I can’t believe it :bradley:

• paws up 2
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,310
On 10/3/2024 at 1:44 AM, ViviLittleM said:

Spoiler

She is in a lot of scenes but some of them are just Arthur's imaginations. and there's no one scene that she shows up as an independent character. She's only there to support Joaquin's role just like everybody else in the movie. this film is basically Joaquin's monologue

• paws up 1