Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

Popster This Way 897
On 10/2/2024 at 7:04 PM, 0707alp said:

Originally she was on schedule for both October 1st and 2nd but they removed her from todays

Why? We need dwas 

Pop-a-911-ster 23,870
On 10/2/2024 at 7:20 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Bloody Mary +484.470 / biggest update of the year

it‘s starting :oprah:

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Kindness Admin 7,915
On 10/1/2024 at 2:39 PM, Leptine said:

My problem with her is not that she didn't give a positive review per sè or liked the movie.

It's like how she acted super extra positive in an exaggerated way when this movie was announced, claiming Gaga was already a better Harley than Robbie or when the trailers got released to even "cry" in her reaction only to switch already when the first underwhelming presales track came out, she immediately made a video about it in which she even stated Gaga wasn't the right casting for this and this could put at stop at her Hollywood career and other extreme unneccessary takes, video posted in the other thread weeks ago and I made the same comments that people over there agree with.

To me it's not serious doing something like that and she contributed to the early bad buzz with that video.

It's not about "stan-nonsense', it's my way of see things, if you are really supportive of somebody, you don't switch in that way when the movie is not even out just because presale is not good, then again she's not exactly know to have the credibility of somebody like David Ehrlich in the business for a reason.

On 10/1/2024 at 3:07 PM, Leptine said:

Exactly what I was talking about, she notoriously gave fresh scores to movies that were lot more panned and rejected than this one and the same during the HOG era.

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think it’s a fair read of her takes. She has a lot of viewpoints - from how she enjoys performers and performances, her impression of a movie, the business behind a movie, etc etc.

They overlap and combine and takes change as you see more / hear more. I don’t think she’s been surprisingly inconsistent and she’s always supported Gaga. I also remember from the very first time she spoke of the movie after filming she was super nervous about the rumors she heard about it being a musical and about the ending. 

She more than anyone, I feel, likes movies that have bad reviews or that I personally don’t like. But I truly believe Grace gives her honest opinions on movies and I feel she’s much more open than most others. I disagree with her often actually (she didn’t like the first Inside Out which I think is the animated film of all time, for instance), but I can always appreciate her views and her reasoning. 

Anyway, this isn’t pop-a-grace and not everyone is gonna like her - which is ofc fine. I just happen to really appreciate her and think she’s one of the most genuine people in the game. 

On 10/1/2024 at 10:39 PM, Doncho said:

All they had to do to have another Top 10 album was include DWAS as a Bonus Track :bigbird:

Really sad to see Harlequin ending her strike of Top 10 albums

Others have said this, but I’ll back it up that I’m glad she didn’t. Gaga cares deeply about her art and what she creates and how it is put out there. She cares and plays for the charts, but typically with performances and interviews and talent / ambition. It’s one the things I love about her. I don’t want a Smile mess with tacked on singles and I don’t want 7 versions of her new single to buy and stream. I’m sad she doesn’t feature on more songs, but respect that it’s not her thing. 

We’re blessed to have her integrity and it makes it even more impressive when she succeeds. 

Her HM performance was unreal and I hope she does more this week to potentially push it closer to the top ten. 

• paws up 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,222
On 10/2/2024 at 7:25 PM, admin said:

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think it’s a fair read of her takes. She has a lot of viewpoints - from how she enjoys performers and performances, her impression of a movie, the business behind a movie, etc etc.

They overlap and combine and takes change as you see more / hear more. I don’t think she’s been surprisingly inconsistent and she’s always supported Gaga. I also remember from the very first time she spoke of the movie after filming she was super nervous about the rumors she heard about it being a musical and about the ending. 

She more than anyone, I feel, likes movies that have bad reviews or that I personally don’t like. But I truly believe Grace gives her honest opinions on movies and I feel she’s much more open than most others. I disagree with her often actually (she didn’t like the first Inside Out which I think is the animated film of all time, for instance), but I can always appreciate her views and her reasoning. 

Anyway, this isn’t pop-a-grace and not everyone is gonna like her - which is ofc fine. I just happen to really appreciate her and think she’s one of the most genuine people in the game. 

Others have said this, but I’ll back it up that I’m glad she didn’t. Gaga cares deeply about her art and what she creates and how it is put out there. She cares and plays for the charts, but typically with performances and interviews and talent / ambition. It’s one the things I love about her. I don’t want a Smile mess with tacked on singles and I don’t want 7 versions of her new single to buy and stream. I’m sad she doesn’t feature on more songs, but respect that it’s not her thing. 

We’re blessed to have her integrity and it makes it even more impressive when she succeeds. 

Her HM performance was unreal and I hope she does more this week to potentially push it closer to the top ten. 

inb4 in the next hour she releases 36 versions

• lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,965
On 10/2/2024 at 1:15 PM, MissAsia said:

Isn t this her 7th album or something like that?

It's absolutely ridiculous - the Grammys have been fraudulent for a  while but this is entirely something else

Popster to Popster 4,451

Dear Lord, the amount of bad reviews being released and still not added to RT is just :rip:

Oh well, at least one thing less to worry about since this is definitely staying rotten.

• paws up 1
  • hugs 2
  • sad 3

Popster to Popster 4,828
On 10/2/2024 at 12:40 PM, OnionGirl said:

Dear Lord, the amount of bad reviews being released and still not added to RT is just :rip:

Oh well, at least one thing less to worry about since this is definitely staying rotten.

I am seeing NO positive reviews from publications. This thing might drop to 30% or something given that at least another 200 reviews will be added in the coming weeks and months. 

• paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • sad 3

ARTPOPster 1,738

Just watched JFAD. 

Spoiler free mini review

Spoiler

It's really good! I don't understand the critics opinion! Gaga really shined and Phoenix is a great actor. Mini spoiler but Gaga is definitely lead actress here. She's there in the entire movie .

• paws up 3
  • shook 1
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,965
On 10/2/2024 at 1:41 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I am seeing NO positive reviews from publications. This thing might drop to 30% or something given that at least another 200 reviews will be added in the coming weeks and months. 

Honestly I'm glad I never put that much of my energy into Gaga's acting career to begin with:toofunny:

Kindness Admin 7,915
On 10/2/2024 at 1:41 PM, BenG said:

Born-This-Way-Spotify-Monthly.jpg

Wait what happened?

• love 1