Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

The Fame Popster 305

I still don't think that the movie will be a massive flop. 

Some colleagues of mine today asked me to go and see it (they are not gaga fans at all). I think people will go and buy the tickets without preordering it

• paws up 10
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 17,597
On 9/30/2024 at 4:24 PM, Gypsy Life said:

Yeah it's the only country playing it. 101 spins so far.

they should send it to radios in Europe, nevermind the corrupt US Radios

:nicki_scream:

Popster This Way 604
On 9/30/2024 at 5:34 AM, Simona ventura said:

Some colleagues of mine today asked me to go and see it (they are not gaga fans at all). I think people will go and buy the tickets without preordering it

I didn’t know you could pre-over movie tickets before I join this flop cult  :jailga:

• lol 12

ARTPOPster 1,317
On 9/30/2024 at 5:34 PM, FRANZGA said:

they should send it to radios in Europe, nevermind the corrupt US Radios

:nicki_scream:

Exactly, she was in a much worse situation when MR was out during Joanne era. If Shecan make MR a big hit she can definitely make HM popular with JFAD promo.

But I guess she wants to focus on the movie itself rather than promoting her music side project.

ARTPOPster 1,317
On 9/30/2024 at 5:40 PM, Boris said:

I didn’t know you could pre-over movie tickets before I join this flop cult  :jailga:

yeah, who want to buy movie tickets days before you actually go to cinema:dead:?

Maybe some Marvel fans will do it but I'm not sure it's a common thing in the world. 

A Popster Is Born 15,445
On 9/30/2024 at 11:45 AM, Gabi said:

yeah, who want to buy movie tickets days before you actually go to cinema:dead:?

Maybe some Marvel fans will do it but I'm not sure it's a common thing in the world. 

I only do it for nondubbed films I want to see, as those screenings are pretty limited :arguega:

And I refuse to watch Gags with a random girl's voice over her :arguega:

Edited by danwasd
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 2,857

Not that I know about BO but just to play devil's advocate, I think these people who track ticket sales and have made it their entire thing (just like how this website tracks charts and would know more about them than a random person) probably know more than we do. Obviously their predictions take into account that most people do not preorder. The predictions are done by comparing preorders for this film to preorders for other films just like we compare DWAS streams to Flowers for example. So let's not be ignorant and discard the opinions of people who know what they're talking about, while staying optimistic.

• paws up 7
  • thanks 5

The Fame Popster 305
On 9/30/2024 at 11:45 AM, Gabi said:

For example I know I'll go this friday but I'll buy the tickets friday afternoon 

Pop-a-911-ster 34,571
On 9/30/2024 at 11:48 AM, ARTPOP said:

Not that I know about BO but just to play devil's advocate, I think these people who track ticket sales and have made it their entire thing (just like how this website tracks charts and would know more about them than a random person) probably know more than we do. Obviously their predictions take into account that most people do not preorder. The predictions are done by comparing preorders for this film to preorders for other films just like we compare DWAS streams to Flowers for example. So let's not be ignorant and discard the opinions of people who know what they're talking about, while staying optimistic.

the pre sales give a general indicator of the demand for a movie so it's not useless at all 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,981
On 9/30/2024 at 5:48 AM, ARTPOP said:

Not that I know about BO but just to play devil's advocate

You must wear lots of cologne? 

Spoiler

:ally:

A Popster Is Born 12,336
On 9/30/2024 at 11:48 AM, danwasd said:

I only do it for nondubbed films I want to see, as those screenings are pretty limited :arguega:

And I refuse to watch Gags with a random girl's voice over her :arguega:

I don’t understand the obssesion with dubbing every single movie, chile :icant: 

In Poland only animated / some Disney movies get dubbing. The rest is normal with subs and then those movies get voice over with ability to hear original voices for dvd / tv releases. 

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 12,336

Like I was in Slovakia last weekend and checked out what’s on tv. And I had maybe 4 or 5 american movies with dubbing. And was like ok Ben Afflec, speak that fluent slovak language queen yaas :applause:

:mess:

• lol 2
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,317
On 9/30/2024 at 5:48 PM, ARTPOP said:

I know they are reliable but If my memory serves me right ASIB also outdid all box office predictions for the frist week in the US. We shouldn't let the prediction numbers affect our moods too much when the movie is not even out.:cm:

• paws up 2

People comparing JFÁD ticket sale in 2024 with ASIB are so out of touch. The movie industry has changed post-pandemic. People are watching movie in theaters less than ever and usually wait for releases on streaming platforms. Multiple films cracked the 1 billion dollar mark easily back then. While in 2024, there are only 2 films doing that so far and it's the last quarter of the year.

Pop-a-911-ster 28,876
x2

I think this type of rollout for harlequin doesn’t work for Gaga tbh 

My friend said yesterday oh gaga is releasing an album inspired by joker and I had to tell her it’s already out :rip:

Spoiler

And when I told her it’s jazz she said “oh”

spacer.png

• lol 10

A Popster Is Born 15,445
On 9/30/2024 at 12:02 PM, PanPikus said:

I don’t understand the obssesion with dubbing every single movie, chile :icant: 

In Poland only animated / some Disney movies get dubbing. The rest is normal with subs and then those movies get voice over with ability to hear original voices for dvd / tv releases. 

i wish it was like that in the S-country :dead:

• hugs 1

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 9/30/2024 at 3:51 PM, hennywise said:

People comparing JFÁD ticket sale in 2024 with ASIB are so out of touch. The movie industry has changed post-pandemic. People are watching movie in theaters less than ever and usually wait for releases on streaming platforms. Multiple films cracked the 1 billion dollar mark easily back then. While in 2024, there are only 2 films doing that so far and it's the last quarter of the year.

Compare it to Venom 2 then. That came out during the pandemic and is also a sequel. They predicted it to open with 50M and it did 90M instead.

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,500
On 9/30/2024 at 3:04 PM, Simona ventura said:

Don't worry it won't flop it will still make $500M although anything over $600M will be plain success 

• love 1