Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

A Popster Is Born 13,279
On 9/29/2024 at 6:14 PM, Fame Romance said:

Thots on Gaga’s 12th year solo POP album tracks Replay,  Alice, Free Woman, Babylon outdoing Her Popjesty’s 13th year #1 solo pop comeback Hold It Against me @ItsGenuineGuy09

That reminds me I hope LG7s opening track can hit 100m within 5 years :enigma:
 I find this more interesting:

Work B!tch - 97k
The Cure - 43k

B’s passion and dedication to the craft, always bringing POP! Bangers to Spotify and not jumping round genres for pensioners
Britney Spears Hair Flip GIF by iHeartRadio

Popstanne 5,500
On 9/29/2024 at 10:27 PM, OliverDespechao said:
Folie à Deux 239 136 -231 467 -49,19%

"Folie a Deux will be the real smash of joker 2 era, mark my word"

D1O1fCMXcAI1W-t.jpg:large

How do we bookmark here 

Imma clock u when it happens

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

ARTPOPster 1,980
On 9/29/2024 at 11:32 AM, GraceRandolph said:

It’s a musical. It doesn’t need to make much sense :bigbird:

It's not a standard musical though. :bigbird: A retcon of that level would turn off the franchise's diehard fans.

It's 100% possible to do a rock-inspired Joker but you have to start with a new one, not retcon Todd Phillips' Joker. 

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,981
On 9/29/2024 at 3:14 PM, derpmonster said:

A retcon of that level would turn off the franchise's diehard fans.

It hasn't already? :toofunny:

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,981
On 9/29/2024 at 3:14 PM, derpmonster said:

It's not a standard musical though. :bigbird: A retcon of that level would turn off the franchise's diehard fans.

It's 100% possible to do a rock-inspired Joker but you have to start with a new one, not retcon Todd Phillips' Joker. 

On the one hand, I get what you're saying, that good film franchises are consistent. But honestly considering that FAD is not a perfect movie for Joker 1 fans or for Liddos, I would have loved different genres

Popstanne 5,500

DITS should arrive at Oct 11 bc Oct 18 is morgan wallen day n Oct 25 is late for a halloween classic n from Nov 1 christmas threats will be all over Spotify charts 

Edited by Ayobabylon

ARTPOPster 1,980
On 9/29/2024 at 12:16 PM, Ben said:

It hasn't already? :toofunny:

TBH the dudebros clutching their pearls about it being a musical are just virtue signaling because in their minds, musicals are gay and they can't be associated with that. 

These same people had no problem with the singing and dancing in The Joker (2019) and act like this all came out of nowhere. Arthur literally sings part of That's Life like 5 times in the movie. :mess:

Maybe it won't be as big on the box office but I predict nearly every single one of these men will watch it out of curiosity when it comes to streaming and think it was at least decent and misunderstood whether or not they admit it. :bigbird:

Edited by derpmonster
  • paws up 2

Popster for Sale 59,944
On 9/29/2024 at 8:34 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Only the weeknd and katy perry are flops here

Plz gurl 

Dawn FM sold 5.7M, that’s more than Nicki, Megan, Dua and Katy’s albums combined 

• paws up 4

ARTPOPster 1,980
On 9/29/2024 at 12:18 PM, Ben said:

On the one hand, I get what you're saying, that good film franchises are consistent. But honestly considering that FAD is not a perfect movie for Joker 1 fans or for Liddos, I would have loved different genres

I get that but Todd Phillips would never do that either. A filmmaker is an artist. He's not going to do whatever gets the most commercial success. He still has artistic integrity. Sometimes creative risks are rewarded, sometimes they're not and that's okay. 

I think it'll still be a good movie. Not everything needs to be a smash blockbuster hit. Retconning the music would've just cheapened the series and still had very little appeal to anyone other than LMs. :flirtga: