Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

A Popster Is Born 11,833
On 9/29/2024 at 6:51 PM, 0606060 said:

I'm choosing to believe Michael financed this and she / her team don't care about it's commercial success at all. K bye thx :nickiha:

It's a passion album, she doesn't give a damn if her fans like it or not. She's lowkely 'shading' her jazz fans haters in the special thanks of her album.

I'm not fond of her jazz, but I'll 100% support her in anything music related she is pushing. Because that means she is doing music she loves. I'm not here for another not passionate project, she drop and she forces herself to mention it after.

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 9/29/2024 at 11:06 PM, sugden said:

Honestly i feel this whole mess could have been avoided if they went with a rock grungy sound for the movie

People would love joker and harley as rockstars

Why would they do that though? I read Todd’s Variety article and he said the music in this movie is influenced by what Arthur’s mother played in their house when he was a child. Why would a housewife in the 1940s or 50s listen to grunge? And most importantly how? 

The music is supposed to aid the story, not the other way round. After releasing C2C and L4S, their record executives obviously know how this album would’ve performed. It’s a masterfully created album and let’s just leave it at that.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 7
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 19,284
On 9/29/2024 at 2:44 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Do some of yall even like Gaga? Jesus. :bigbird:

What the h3ll are you talking about, we are all here for Gaga :excuseme: some of us just don’t like Jazz and that’s all  :excuseme:

• thanks 4

Popster This Way 838

I honestly think Jazz albums between albums, for Jazz and Piano, and as side projects could work, but expecting a full rollout/reception like a pop album is delusional 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 59,944
On 9/29/2024 at 7:48 PM, Fame Romance said:

UK midweeks:

#5(-1) Die With a Smile

By the way, the -1 is cuz of the new The Weeknd track at #3

It free fell hard on UK Spotify (#8(-6)) while DWAS is #5 and it’s only #14 on UK AM while DWAS is #3

So we’ll get back our #4 by tomorrow’s update most likely :ally:

• paws up 4

Popster to Popster 2,857

I don't think people mainly have a problem with her releasing a jazz album. It's the fact that the exact same album is coming out next week with different instrumentation and her long awaited 4 year pop album is coming in a few months, so it's hard to receive this warmly. It's like a polite thumbs up.

• lol 3

Moderator 29,346
On 9/29/2024 at 11:48 PM, Ben said:

Is that good or bad?

Its amazing 

for comparison taste by Sabrina is at 178K only

• shook 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,337

It's a cute side quest. Idk why anybody would expect it to do well commercially especially after hearing the album with knowledge that 85% are covers of songs WW2 grandmas were listening in their youth :octopus:

• paws up 1
  • lol 10

On 9/29/2024 at 1:04 PM, derpmonster said:

Not possible. The first movie is set in the early 70s. Arthur lives with his mom who watches TV all day. He's literally a professional clown.

Have you ever seen a clown dancing to grunge rock (a genre that didn't exist in the 70s)? :bigbird:

I love rock but it makes zero sense in the context of The Joker. 

It’s a musical. It doesn’t need to make much sense :bigbird:

A Popster Is Born 17,219
On 9/29/2024 at 7:02 PM, Fame Romance said:

I mean yeah that’s probably why it isn’t available at any physical stores yet and you can’t even order a physical copy on Amazon 

I mean whole reason why it was "surprise" is not to have some shock effect but because they didn't wanna make big deal out of it because it wasn't supposed to, same for physicals in stores etc