Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

A Popster Is Born 17,220
On 9/28/2024 at 6:24 PM, Adarsh said:

That was an original album with JayZ, Kendrick Lamar, Pharrell and other features on it. It’s not comparable at all.

I know but I don't feel it did good enough on streaming for these numbers

Popster for Sale 44,126
On 9/28/2024 at 5:26 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

The weekend will definitely struggle this era, coming off an underperformance like Dawn FM and serving two flop singles in a row is a grim sign.

LG is coming to save him

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 17,220
On 9/28/2024 at 6:23 PM, Gypsy Life said:

Less than Playboi Carti's last track 2 weeks ago

So seems like Playboy just bought better farming that didn't get filtered this time

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 46,521

I think this project and Gaga's very strong presence in the media during J:FAD (regardless if it underperforms comparing to the first) is actually building a lot of momentum and I love how she hasn't been shy in utilizing it, LG7 is being mentioned so much. Definitely a huge shift in attitude, it feels like she's eager to get back into music mode and is not afraid of not being taken seriously as an actress anymore.

The performance of LG7 lead single will depend on how it connects. If it's a strong music video and song I think it'll do great. Hopefully her return to a dark aesthetic is real because I think since it's been so long, it's "shock value" will return and it's what her fans (especially casual fans) want from her.

• paws up 10

Popstanne 5,987
On 9/28/2024 at 4:54 PM, Ayobabylon said:

When

It’s a supposition, since she’s doing Kimmel now, she might do Fallon for LG7 lead promo in the next weeks:tea: 

A Popster Is Born 17,621
On 9/29/2024 at 12:38 AM, sadho said:

iTunes Germany

#28 Close To You

one of my favs :kiss:

Close To You and Happy Mistake are definitely my Top2 from Harlequin

:crowned:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

On 9/28/2024 at 6:25 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

After HM was out of the chart I expected worse. Reminds me of how HMH  gagged us by being N/A on day 1. This time it doesn't have the advantage of a music video or even being featured on a huge movie, but on the other hand it is much better received by fans. Maybe the performance could help it a bit? Anyway these soundtrack releases tend to not spark the interest of the fans and GP alike: even Taylor Swift experienced this with Carolina.

It's a decent debut for what it is, delusional predictions aside.

The way Taylor had a massive flop with Carolina and then her bigger career peak shows how collateral are less interesting than original album to the fandoms. Beyoncè had massive flop in the period 2017-2022 and then she had two moderate hits, a great success album and the greatest tour of her life

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popstanne 5,987

7 Millions are a solid debut for a jazz niche alternative indie covers album :applause:

Edited by Leptine
  • paws up 3
  • lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 34,571
On 9/28/2024 at 4:34 PM, Gypsy Life said:

DWAS back to +300k week-on-week increases.

Oh get off the floor @Miaou

I’m totally SHOOK by DWAS update today :dead:

Not 11.6M filtered streams and still rising 1.5M months later :dead:

Like it’s been almost a month the song is above 10M filtered streams and there is no sign of slowing down :dead:

• paws up 5
  • love 2

Popstanne 5,987
On 9/28/2024 at 6:26 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

The weekend will definitely struggle this era, coming off an underperformance like Dawn FM and serving two flop singles in a row is a grim sign.

Musically he has became really stale, he’s constantly recycling always the same 2 songs, the pop one a la ‘Blinding Lights’ or the urban one a la ‘Popular’ when the pop one flops or viceversa, not evolving at all.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 34,571

Not surprised by Harlequin’s debut 

I predicted 7.5M streams I was close enough hihi

however HM not making the top 200 is a mess :rip:

• paws up 1