Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

I generally agree that with 80M playlisting HM debut is tragic, but I also think debuts are kinda becoming overhyped, especially for artists like Gaga who aren’t 100% streaming juggernauts in the vein of Taylor, The Weeknd or Billie (and especially for a Jazz/covers project like this announced last minute).

NOT saying that Happy Mistake will definitely grow and smash, but look at DWAS, the debut is basically bottom 3 among its updates so far.

I could also mention MR, ASIB, HMH which wasn’t that big of a hit but it peaked in streams two whole months after its release…

• paws up 3

Popstanne 9,970
On 9/28/2024 at 8:06 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Well Global Spotify OUT is not good for a 80M reach either it should have done like 2m at worst case 

Like i said any new song end up getting 40-50M reach because of New Music Friday playlists.

Rest was just low position at tth.

There are handful of songs with that combo that don't chart.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,790

people laughed at LFS's debut only for LFS to be nominated for six grammys and win one (something Katy has never, and will never achieve)... 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 17,221

tbh i feel TTH below top30 (or less) is pretty insignificant anyways. Remmeber when HMH was added at low position and it didn't do anything :rip: 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,252
On 9/28/2024 at 5:12 PM, nydedan said:

people laughed at LFS's debut only for LFS to be nominated for six grammys and win one (something Katy has never, and will never achieve)... 

143 is cumming for the best dance categories

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,167

Happy Mistake is just another proof that her fans will never stream her ballads even if their lives depended on it :icant:

Also doesn't help that she didn't announce anywhere that she has an original song, other than to the 10 fans at the London party

• paws up 14
  • thanks 1
  • lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,252
On 9/28/2024 at 5:15 PM, Gypsy Life said:

Happy Mistake is just another proof that her fans will never stream her ballads even if their lives depended on it :icant:

Also doesn't help that she didn't announce anywhere that she has an original song, other than to the 10 fans at the London party

To be honest I don't even see them supporting LG7 that much. We'll see but her fanbase is pretty small nowadays.

• thanks 2

Popstanne 5,540

Manifesting n praying that the lead single of lg-7 (n rest of the singles) are straight up bangers with longevity

Spoiler

AMEN YAALLAH INSHALLAH ALLAH HU AKBAR OM

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 17,621
On 9/28/2024 at 11:15 PM, Gypsy Life said:

It's also 2nd to the last when Most of initial listeners tuned out already

:mess:

It deserves a lot and more.. HM is excellent

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 9/28/2024 at 8:33 PM, Replay said:

some ppl had same meltdowns when L4S "tanked"

I’ve noticed that many of these “fans” only show up when she has a hit song. Proving that they only stan her for the numbers. I’m so happy Gaga decided to pivot to being a GP artist instead of catering to her fanbase.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,167
On 9/28/2024 at 6:17 PM, ViviLittleM said:

To be honest I don't even see them supporting LG7 that much. We'll see but her fanbase is pretty small nowadays.

I think they will. They'll at least stream it the first week then drop it like they did with Chromatica

Other than that, it's her responsibility to release GP-friendly material to keep it floating, not ours

• paws up 7
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,252
On 9/28/2024 at 5:21 PM, Gypsy Life said:

I think they will. They'll at least stream it the first week then drop it like they did with Chromatica

Other than that, it's her responsibility to release GP-friendly material to keep it floating, not ours

Will they also buy 3k CDs of the lead?

e-QFFru-Dx0m04vgid-W788-FQ-r.thumb.jpg.a

Pop-a-911-ster 26,167
On 9/28/2024 at 6:20 PM, FRANZGA said:

It's also 2nd to the last when Most of initial listeners tuned out already

:mess:

It deserves a lot and more.. HM is excellent

Oh Good Morning, you'll never be famous 

A Popster Is Born 19,624
On 9/28/2024 at 4:15 PM, JevyDuty said:

Well well well. That’s what you get babygirl. And I don’t buy the claims that jazz is arts not charts while she’s being plastered on high profile playlists at the same time. 

However, I’m sure she’s not giving a single flying f- if a forum member DonnieDarko is criticizing her about that. And she shouldn’t. She’s happy. I’m happy.

• thanks 2