Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

Moderator 9,578

Alright guys, I can listen to Harlequin! I'll do a first listen review right here!

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,987
On 9/27/2024 at 2:29 AM, FRANZGA said:

An ATRL posted that this will be winning Best Traditional Pop Album for Grammys 2026

And i was like, wait a fvckin minute.. will they send it for consideration?

Why not? She has strong chances to win, keep in mind it’s the category for covers album where she won already for C2C and L4S. 

• yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 9,578

Ooh cool! Sounds like Gaga thought GMA needed a new soundtrack!

I can imagine listening to this while getting out of bed. Good morning Dirkje! 

• lol 1

Moderator 9,578

Good Morning: 7/10

These vocals! These vocals though. Name me any other artist that would be able to do this. 

Nope you cant. Funny song!

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,350

After listening to the album the songs I will definitely be coming back to are :

Oh, when the Saints (so good) 

The Joker (a damn banger) 

FaD (cutie pie) 

Gonna build a mountain (such a bop) 

Happy Mistake (very beautiful, don't know if Gaga's best ballad but a great one for sure, definitely need her to perform this live) 

Close to you and That’s Life have potential.

Rest is quite forgettable / mid with some nice production / vocals here and there. 

Where is more songs like The Joker guuuuuurl! 

• paws up 2
  • sad 1

Moderator 9,578

Get Happy:
I get why people prepare this with a C2C vibe song. I'm listening to this and I'm like, where is Tony here? No disrespect to his death, dont get me wrong. If he was still with us, I can imagine Gaga recording this song with him totally!

8/10

Moderator 9,578

Oh, When the saints

Ooh I love this!! Let me make clear that I'm a huge fan of theater! I used to play in some theater plays when I was younger and so now and then I go watch some with my Mom.

I love this! It makes me feel happy listening to! I just dont go too high as this is a first listen review 8/10

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

Moderator 9,578

World on a string

Ooooh this is good!! Its jazzy but not like old jazz at all! I'm not a huge fan of the older jazz stuff (though bang bang is a bop). I'm surprised in a good way. 

Such a cute little song. 
I can see her performing this live on tour and ugh this is gonna be a slay!! 9/10

• paws up 1

Moderator 9,578

If my friends could see me now

Ooh this is fun too! Gosh I'm only at track 5 but wow! I'm loving this way more than I was expecting. 

This is also a song that makes me remind of her material with Tony. Again a song that I could see as a duet with him if he was still with us. 7/10

• paws up 1

Moderator 9,578

Thats Entertainment

Ugh that intro!! Yes, she's right, Thats Entertainment.

Those vocals! THOSE VOCALS!! THIS IS LADY GAGA!!! So talented! 

I really want to listen to this album in full again, after I saw the movie. I feel then I'm gonna love this even more! 

8/10

Moderator 9,578
On 9/27/2024 at 3:02 AM, JevyDuty said:

3 more hours to go :pillow:

In the meantime, enjoy my live first listen review. If you appreciate theater/musical, you will like the "Part A" too!

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Moderator 9,578

Smile

Ugh this is beautiful! 

At the JWT I got the correct spot as during Million Reasons, Gaga sang that like right into my face and I really felt that one. After that experience, I started to respect that song even more. As Gaga performed that to me and I felt what she wanted to say there. Truly a magical moment.

If Gaga does this to me with Smile, I probably get the same feeling. For now a 6,5/10

• paws up 2

Moderator 9,578

The Joker

Ooooh yeah!! Now this is truly the start of "Side B" . 

Again I really want to listen to Harlequin after I saw JFAD as I feel like I would understand this album better. If that makes sense. 

A good song, I see Gaga slaying this on tour!! 8/10

Moderator 9,578

Folie A Deux 

Honestly this was one of the songs I was the most curious about. A song Gaga has like the only credits to, etc. I was like, okay, I'm ready, give it to me.

Okay I totally get why people think this is a cover. As this is not the type of music you expect gaga to make and claim as an original. I obviously didnt see the movie yet, but I can hear this totally being for the movies. Even if this wasnt for JFAD, I would say, Gaga please send this to a movie to use.

The chameleon Gaga already is changed its colors to a color we havent seen yet. Very nice! 8/10

• love 1

Moderator 9,578

Gonna Build a Montain

This song is cute! I can see this song being used in commercials. On the first listen I would say this is one of my least faves. Maybe it will grow on me, but for now 6/10

• paws up 1

Moderator 9,578

Close to you

I do like this! As when I'm in the mood, I can really appreciate this kind of music. It sounds easy going. A nice singalong. I also see this being used in commercials or TV shows. 

7/10

• paws up 2