Dirkje

Pop-a-911-ster 29,034
On 9/23/2024 at 4:28 PM, Andreu said:

aburriiiido... las colaboraciones le quedan como el orto

ella es muy Lead, su forma de cantar no sé, me gusta esha sola

• love 1

Popster for Sale 46,518
On 9/23/2024 at 8:45 PM, little legend said:

DWAS is clearly a song Bruno started writing that she hoped on and work with him. I don't think it's going on this project. 

I thought we only did this when the posts got duped :icant:

• lol 4

A Popster Is Born 11,830
On 9/23/2024 at 9:29 PM, thehanyo said:

I wonder if The Weeknd is on this or LG7... the Prince references makes me think he's on this??

Honestly we already knew like almost nothing about LG7 collaborators but now we know she was also working on another secret album at the same time, it's even less and less clear

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 13,279
On 9/23/2024 at 8:48 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Honestly we already knew like almost nothing about LG7 collaborators but now we know she was also working on another secret album at the same time, it's even less and less clear

Out of any of the collaborations rumoured I could for some reason see Kesha on this one as she’s the most lowkey but I don’t know if they’ll be any and if this is going to just be a quick EP 

ARTPOPster 2,269
On 9/23/2024 at 3:41 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

DWAS is clearly a song Bruno started writing that she hoped on and work with him. I don't think it's going on this project. 

okay, but we don't know WHY Bruno started writing it...

she also said DWAS was something to hold us over until LG7 and that would still be the case...

Pop-a-911-ster 29,034
On 9/23/2024 at 4:53 PM, JennyWayne said:

Katy back to a 35 on Metacritic. She is winning again....

I still see it at 34:laughga:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,830
On 9/23/2024 at 9:53 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Out of any of the collaborations rumoured I could for some reason see Kesha on this one as she’s the most lowkey but I don’t know if they’ll be any and if this is going to just be a quick EP 

Well even in terms of producers those who were thought to be on LG7 could be on this project instead (or both?) 

A Popster Is Born 11,033
On 9/23/2024 at 9:55 PM, Emi said:

I still see it at 34:laughga:

On 9/23/2024 at 9:56 PM, AbracLover said:

for 20 min, its 34 again sis!:giveup:

Mess, they added the Exlaim review to Metacritic a mere minutes after it went up again :icant:

The increasingly-distant past when Katy Perry was one of pop's most fun, relevant exports only feels further away each time she returns. Since 2013's Prism, Perry has abandoned her tongue-in-cheek puns and trademark liveliness, unable to grasp why her audience is so disillusioned. Maybe that's why she's taken the no-publicity-is-bad-publicity approach on 143 — an album that doesn't even live up to its trainwreck of a press run.

When the singer cautioned us to "get ready to pop off" before the release of "Woman's World," it was already assumed it would kick off her third consecutive flop era. At this point, it's tired to detail what went wrong, but the song's total failure is true to everything wrong with the rest of 143. If it was offensively bad, at least it'd be camp. Instead, each track is an ADHD simulation — so understimulating you forget what it sounds like seconds after it ends.

This conveyor belt breaks the fourth wall on "Gimme Gimme," where Bezos must have paid 21 Savage to say, "I'm like Amazon, 'cause I got what you need." Like so much of 143, Savage's arrival feels woefully outdated, spitting over the same trap beat that plagued radio airwaves in 2018. It's almost sad that Perry thought a project with an utter lack of target audience would revive her, especially when she's now up against stars who've been breathing life back into pop all year.

The term "recession pop" has been thrown around a lot recently, as our new main girls are a little extra and not too phased about getting messy. Perry was in the original cohort in the late noughties/early 2010s, no doubt inspiring today's Chappells, Charlis and Sabrinas. Returning to what made her so compelling — and record-breaking — seems like the obvious answer, but at worst she's half a decade behind, and at best blandly copying dance music's RENAISSANCE-aided resurgence.

Sampling Crystal Waters's "Gypsy Woman" on "I'm His, He's Mine," Perry and Doechii scrub the four-on-the-floor drive of the original in favour of dated hi-hats and slang (has anyone called someone their "main" since the mid-2010s?). She attempts to make up for it on tracks like "Nirvana" and "Crush," as well as the environmentally detrimental single "Lifetimes." The latter two are the closest 143 gets to highlights, but still feel DOA as she's barely trying to sing behind the Auto-Tune. It's hard to ignore that these production blunders are happening under the watch of Max Martin and Dr. Luke — clearly, the risk of hiring an alleged abuser did not pay off.

With Luke comes his other longtime collaborator Kim Petras on "Gorgeous," with its distressed-chimp synths and a new layer of misanthropy. Ironically, Perry sings, "Can somebody promise me / Our innocence doesn't get lost in a cynical world?" on album closer "Wonder," despite her and Petras's "who cares?" late capitalist attitude to working with Luke. To be fair, why would she care when she's clearly only making music to put out a product?

It's confusing why Perry continues to make such soulless music when she has enough resources to quietly quit and be remembered dearly. Instead, she's on a Sisiphysean path reserved for pop's dullest burnouts — one that terrorizes retail workers, soundtracks your high school bully's MLM conference, then rolls back down the hill.

Pop-a-911-ster 29,034
On 9/23/2024 at 4:56 PM, AbracLover said:

for 20 min, its 34 again sis!:giveup:

What about Pitchfork? I think they don’t even care to review it

• lol 3

The Popster 31
On 9/23/2024 at 3:38 PM, ARTPOP said:

Damn 3500 streams for #1... the way if like 200 monsters went to luxembourg and streamed jewels n drugs 20 times it would go #1 :icant:

Yeah I work for sony and I am in the benelux (Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg) team. I am a data analist and make dashboards for the countries we're accountable for. But all our dashboards are soley NL or BE lol

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Moderator 29,344
On 9/24/2024 at 1:30 AM, Flo said:

Yeah I work for sony and I am in the benelux (Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg) team. I am a data analist and make dashboards for the countries we're accountable for. But all our dashboards are soley NL or BE lol

Omg wait you landed that job I remember your earlier post!!

OT: AM India

#123(+26) DWAS

• paws up 4
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 1