Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

Popstanne 9,989

I'm fine with radio being on the Hot 100 it just needs to have some sort of ACR-type rule. If a song is still getting spammed on radio 10 months into its run with small decreases week over week, it should be weighed less after a certain point.

• paws up 5

Pop-a-911-ster 41,894
On 9/15/2024 at 5:14 PM, Miaou said:

I just don’t understand why radio is use in the HOT 100 rule 

it is mostly not reflecting what the people consume 

Because they needs some way to control the labels, Billboard knows as long as Radio is counted in their formula labels will continue to pay for radio play.

Tbh it’s just a chart anyway, the general public have absolutely no knowledge of the billboard charts. One of my straight friends legit thinks if you go number one on Spotify todays hits that’s what a “number one” song is :laughga:

most people probably think DWAS is a #1 hit in the US lol…it’s actually kinda funny when you think HOW LITTLE the billboard charts matter. Like we as Stan’s care but no one outside of Twitter even know what they are 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 4
  • thanks 7

Pop-a-911-ster 41,894
On 9/15/2024 at 5:19 PM, xo_hours said:

supporting act campaign starts now :really:

So that leaves:

Zoe Saldana & Selena Gomez (Emilia Perez)

Danielle Deadwyler (The Piano Lesson)

Aunjanue Ellis Taylor (Nickel Boys)

Isabella Rossellini (Conclave)

Felicity Jones (The Brutalist)

Joan Chen (Didi)

Toni Collette (Juror No. 2)

Ariana Grande (Wicked)

….and Gaga…:disappointed: still a massive uphill climb lol 

edit: and possibly Ronan for “Blitz”, this basically guarantees Selena will get nominated, that’s so awesome for her :giveup:

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 26,312

The way DWAS will have insane longevity because its main TikTok trend is being an edits song, rather than a frontloaded dance challenge. It'll be used in edits forever.

(See: Bloody Mary having a frontloaded dance trend versus Judas being used in edits for 2+ years and still peaking)

• paws up 4
  • love 16

The Fame Popster 286
On 9/15/2024 at 10:36 PM, VoldeLorde said:

Where’s the passion nowadays? Gaga had six videos for her first album, and that’s the reason four singles became signature hits for her. We don’t even know if Chappell’s gonna have another single. She has got to do something with this success or it’s gonna be gone soon

Chappell has six music videos for her album as well! Seven if you count super graphic ultra modern girl but it’s labeled as a visualizer

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,312
On 9/16/2024 at 12:56 AM, Arturo said:

it seems like the lower end of the Top 10 is weakening. Good for LG7 lead if that trend continues.

LG7 lead

lower top 10

Not ready for this nightmare :bigbird:

• lol 18

Popstanne 5,995
On 9/15/2024 at 11:30 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

this basically guarantees Selena will get nominated, that’s so awesome for her :giveup:

I honestly wouldn't bet my money on it, the acting branch of Academy remains petty when it comes to popstars, Globe and SAG are very likely happens, BAFTA nod already will be a hurdle, but for sure she's in a better position than Gaga with a strong movie and if somebody would have told me this 2 weeks ago.. :dead:

Edited by Leptine

Popstanne 5,995
On 9/15/2024 at 11:30 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

So that leaves:

Zoe Saldana & Selena Gomez (Emilia Perez)

Danielle Deadwyler (The Piano Lesson)

Aunjanue Ellis Taylor (Nickel Boys)

Isabella Rossellini (Conclave)

Felicity Jones (The Brutalist)

Joan Chen (Didi)

Toni Collette (Juror No. 2)

Ariana Grande (Wicked)

….and Gaga…:disappointed: still a massive uphill climb lol

According to the AW Tea:

Zoe Saldana is frontrunner, apparently she's category frauding because she's co-lead in the movie;

Danielle Deadwyler is second;

Felicity Jones is getting in because of the acclaim of The Brutalist;

Gomez fourth? Lot doubt she's gonna get in for the usual popstar bias motivations;

The fifth slot is kind of open between the ones remained, Isabella Rossellini is basically a cameo I heard.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 41,894
On 9/15/2024 at 6:48 PM, Leptine said:

According to the AW Tea:

Zoe Saldana is frontrunner, apparently she's category frauding because she's co-lead in the movie;

Danielle Deadwyler is second;

Felicity Jones is getting in because of the acclaim of The Brutalist;

Gomez fourth? Lot doubt she's gonna get in for the usual popstar bias motivations;

The fifth slot is kind of open between the ones remained, Isabella Rossellini is basically a cameo I heard.

Yeah I mean I have the same top 4 right now, I’m definitely more confident in Selena than most through given she has the Netflix machine behind her and they ALWAYS get actors nominated even for WEAK TO BAD movies (think Ana De Armas in Blonde and Colmon Domingo in Rustin)

the fifth is definitely up in the air; could be a BP contender like AET or Isabella but I thought both their performances were kinda…blah or at least not acclaimed or given really shoutouts in anyway when their movies premiered…If Ronan goes supporting for Blitz I would probably have her as my 5th right now 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1