Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

A Popster Is Born 13,279
On 9/9/2024 at 9:06 AM, ViviLittleM said:

Because they didn’t understand what she was saying. But they can’t speak on this, French are awful in English speaking

I hate to agree with that.this is how I picked up some French.  I’ve been countless times, and they make you work b*tch when you go a shop or restaurant cause they damn  well ain’t coming to meet you in the middle with no English :laughga:.
Makes for a more unique holiday! 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • lol 5

ARTPOPster 1,998

One thing I find interesting about that Vogue interview is she's saying nearly the same thing she always has... Sure, she doesn't do accents anymore (except the HoG interview era :jailga:) but she said back in the Born This Way era that she always lived halfway between reality and "fantasy"--she just chose the word "artifice" this time. :telephone:

Then there's the whole brilliant monologue from Marry The Night: "When I look back at my life..." 

I wonder if she's trying to say something truly different this time or just rephrasing/reframing her past in a way that's congruent with her present. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,860
On 9/9/2024 at 10:57 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Was her performance panned? I thought it was ok-ish?  

On 9/9/2024 at 10:59 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Why didn’t they like it? I missed all that.

i loved it… but the English don’t know their own language let alone another one hihi 

I don't know if it was actually panned I'm just joking based on the funny accent :laughga:

• lol 2