Charts| DWAS| JFAD| Harlequin

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 4,770
On 9/3/2024 at 7:09 PM, ReadyGaga said:

According to me million reason, shallow, the cure and rain on me were radio friendly songs so the issue with radios is radio itself

only two of these are radio friendly and structurally constructed to standard pop songs.

Pop-a-911-ster 27,412

Obviously DWAS is our best performing US radio hit in decades, but the fact remains even Shallow didn't grow significantly on Radio until it hit #1 post-Oscars despite already being a force before then. So yes, Radio has a problem with playing Gaga songs.

Back in Joanne era she did a radio tour and they played other artists or old Gaga songs immediately after their session with her.

The true litmus test on whether radio has good will for Gaga is how LG7 performs.

Edited by Dean Judaster
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 17,219
On 9/3/2024 at 2:08 PM, GraceRandolph said:

The Cure, ROM, MR, DWAS??? All should've done much better on radio.

DWAS is doing great, just because it didn’t reach 100m AI in two days doesn’t mean its doing bad. The rest did fine until callouts which weren’t that good 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 17,219
On 9/3/2024 at 2:11 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Obviously DWAS is our best performing US radio hit in decades, but the fact remains even Shallow didn't grow significantly on Radio until it hit #1 post-Oscars despite already being a force before then. So yes, Radio has a problem with playing Gaga songs.

Back in Joanne era she did a radio tour and they played other artists or old Gaga songs immediately after their session with her.

The true litmus test on whether radio has good will for Gaga is how LG7 performs.

To be fair shallow callouts drastically improved after Oscars 

Popstanne 5,535
On 9/3/2024 at 5:39 PM, ReadyGaga said:

According to me million reason, shallow, the cure and rain on me were radio friendly songs so the issue with radios is radio itself

Rom had 72M radio peak shallow had 90M and they are not something radios usually eats but they did well 

Million reasons? Lets be serious 

ARUTW is something radios would've supported

Pop-a-911-ster 27,412
On 9/3/2024 at 9:15 AM, Replay said:

To be fair shallow callouts drastically improved after Oscars 

I forgot which songs but I'm fairly certain when we were tracking her radio songs post-2015, there are songs with similar radio callouts that don't get dropped as fast as Gaga's and/or songs with worse callouts but had bigger AIs. But because I don't have that data now, I can't press on this argument.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 17,219
On 9/3/2024 at 2:20 PM, Dean Judaster said:

I forgot which songs but I'm fairly certain when we were tracking her radio songs post-2015, there are songs with similar radio callouts that don't get dropped as fast as Gaga's and/or songs with worse callouts but had bigger AIs. But because I don't have that data now, I can't press on this argument.

Im sure there were some other factors then. Radio programmers make playlist based on callouts, chart performance, shazams and republic records cheques, not based on if they like someone or not 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,320
On 9/3/2024 at 7:32 PM, Lazz Monster said:

Why are ppl overreacting about radio, we got another +1M update lol

Some of you must not remember the MR days :katy:

We were celebrating those 0.00001 as long as it’s positive, I’m glad the dark age  has been left behind us :icant:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,841
On 9/3/2024 at 2:07 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Radio doesn't hate gaga its gaga who hates making radio friendly music its as simple as that 

And the days she does, her fans hates her (SL, The Cure, and Girlfriend coming). She's always losing :oops:

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 2,075
On 9/3/2024 at 8:22 PM, Replay said:

Im sure there were some other factors then. Radio programmers make playlist based on callouts, chart performance, shazams and republic records cheques, not based on if they like someone or not 

There was an expose noted a few years back that radio executives did indeed blacklist certain artists especially if they were from a certain label (I can’t rmb the article but I think it was brought up by either HDD or billboard or rolling stone)

• thanks 1