Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

A Popster Is Born 10,386

I have a theory about 'Die with a smile' Bruno Mars collab :

It's part of the Joker Folie A Deux soundtrack as the closing title sequence theme. It'll be the original song of the sountrack she's going to push for the Oscars and other big awards.

Why it makes sense ? The song is apparently having some 'Smile' sample, a song that is in the trailer. The title of the song is totally in the topic of the movie and that could actually tease that Joker is dying at the end 'with a smile', like it was highly rumoured (and teased by Grace Randolph when she said there's something she kinda hope they will not do in the final cut of the movie).

Another thing leading to my theory. Gaga was highly rumoured searching for some abandonned asylum places for a music video filming. We all thought it was for LG7, but that actually could be for this song if it's Joker related. 

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 1

On 8/11/2024 at 10:15 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

It's part of the Joker Folie A Deux soundtrack as the closing title sequence theme. It'll be the original song of the sountrack she's going to push for the Oscars and other big awards.

Why it makes sense ? The song is apparently having some 'Smile' sample, a song that is in the trailer. The title of the song is totally in the topic of the movie and that could actually tease that Joker is dying at the end 'with a smile', like it was highly rumoured (and teased by Grace Randolph when she said there's something she kinda hope they will not do in the final cut of the movie).

Another thing leading to my theory. Gaga was highly rumoured searching for some abandonned asylum places for a music video filming. We all thought it was for LG7, but that actually could be for this song if it's Joker related. 

You can not be eligible for an Oscar with a song using samples…

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

A Popster Is Born 11,507
On 8/11/2024 at 10:37 AM, Fame Romance said:

Our favorite update :ally:

The same one every week :icant:

Also Fadty barely dropped, a stable update incoming? :billie:

Popster to Popster 3,860
On 8/11/2024 at 1:45 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

I dont think so 

The song simply is the leading single of bruno's upcoming album and it happened after he showed interest in doing a duet with gaga few months ago

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,386
On 8/11/2024 at 12:08 PM, Ayobabylon said:

I dont think so 

The song simply is the leading single of bruno's upcoming album and it happened after he showed interest in doing a duet with gaga few months ago

Well either way we'll have at least an original song from her, which wasn't in her card for 2024 anyway. Better than nothing

Popstanne 9,692
On 8/11/2024 at 3:09 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Plus why would they push gaga and bruno for oscars from a film which has joaquin phoenix who himself can sing 

I agree with you about it about not being Joker.

But this is not a valid argument, Joaqin is very erratic, he may have agreed to sing in the movie but not for end credit/soundtrack.

A Popster Is Born 10,386
On 8/11/2024 at 1:09 PM, zoldyck said:

But this is not a valid argument, Joaqin is very erratic, he may have agreed to sing in the movie but not for end credit/soundtrack.

He kinda joked about the fact he's not a good singer so yeah they definitely could get any artist for the OST anthem at the end credits. It's a big blockbuster movie it wouldn't be that shocking. Not ASIB kind of situation imo

Popster to Popster 3,860
On 8/11/2024 at 3:49 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Well either way we'll have at least an original song from her, which wasn't in her card for 2024 anyway. Better than nothing

YUP im pretty excited about this song ngl

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,860
On 8/11/2024 at 4:39 PM, zoldyck said:

I dont think he would say no to todd bc they are bffs n damn this todd heynes news has given him a bad name already

Plus joker is not that type of film where a random collab like this would work

If you read tea about the film they are apparently singing in a very natural way without instrumentals (unless its a delusion imagination of joker n harley) to give the film a reality touch 

A Popster Is Born 10,386

In stats on Spotify Bruno Mars is : +71m monthly listeners. 12 songs which passed 1 billion streams (5 are +2 billion). 2 addional songs are about to pass +1b before the end of the year.

The fact Gaga could get another +1 billion streams song on Spotify out of this collab :oscar:

Edited by Moonlight Shadow

Pop-a-911-ster 39,175
On 8/11/2024 at 7:49 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Im still not convinced the song exists

Im super hesitant too….but now that Deuxmoi is also reporting about the song I don’t know what to think