Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

A Popster Is Born 10,451
On 8/8/2024 at 10:35 AM, Miaou said:

watch her debuting the new LG7 era in November/December aka the worst period with the Christmas songs everywhere :rip:

I won't be surprised 

Honestly still saying this but I hardly see her debuting anything until she is fully done with Joker era.

Joker is objectively bigger for her as a new project than her 7th album could ever be. And she hasn't shown any interest recently for focusing on releasing more than one thing at once. The proof once again in 2024.

Edited by Moonlight Shadow

Pop-a-911-ster 28,911
x3
On 8/8/2024 at 10:46 AM, Miaou said:

Spotify (daily streams) :

Cowboy Carter (2024): 2,335,732 streams (27 songs)

:dead::dead::dead: this is truly TRAGIC :dead:

Boatmates with Katy Perry:applause:

even though these would be the debut numbers for Perry's new album

Pop-a-911-ster 31,657
On 8/8/2024 at 12:17 PM, little legend said:

even though these would be the debut numbers for Perry's new album

and LG7 :applause:

• sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,585

Apparently a reliable pundit has claimed the Maria Callas biopic is bad, new hot topic in the awards forum.

True or not to me Jolie never made sense for that role, one of the most beautiful woman in the world (Jolie) playing a woman who had serious image-body issues and that has been also obese for years. 

Not to mention her casting can’t even be justified for vocal abilities since she will playback everything. 

Edited by Leptine
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,227
On 8/8/2024 at 6:20 AM, Leptine said:

Apparently a reliable pundit has claimed the Maria Callas biopic is bad, new hot topic in the awards forum.

True or not to me Jolie never made sense for that role, one of the most beautiful woman in the world (Jolie) playing a woman who had serious image-body issues and that has been also obese for years. 

Who said the movie was bad?

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 8/8/2024 at 12:21 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Who said the movie was bad?

Kyle Buchanan. 

He’s usually very reliable, he was the first revealing Act II would have been country. 

Edited by Leptine
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,227
On 8/8/2024 at 6:23 AM, Leptine said:

Kyle Buchanan. 

Thank you!!! I saw the post from Opium in the BA GoldDerby thread, did you see where Kyle’s comments came from? I don’t see anything on his Twitter about it

• paws up 1

Popstanne 9,697
On 8/8/2024 at 3:23 PM, Leptine said:

Kyle Buchanan. 

He’s usually very reliable, he was the first revealing Act II would have been country. 

Just out of curiosity, is it his personal opinion or him saying "not good" is based on reception of test/private screenings.

Anyway on side note, i never liked that director work. Jackie was such a chore to get through, and spencer was unwatchable. Never understood why critics hyped him that much.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 8/8/2024 at 12:28 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Thank you!!! I saw the post from Opium in the BA GoldDerby thread, did you see where Kyle’s comments came from? I don’t see anything on his Twitter about it

The Tea is coming from a poadcaster that gets these infos from him, there’s a video but I’m currently on mobile and can’t post it, it has been posted on the awards worthy board, clearly he can’t say something explicit like that in his account openly. 

Let’s take this as rumor but honestly I wouldn’t be surprised, I don’t like the director, ‘Spencer’ was bad to me. 

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,801
On 8/7/2024 at 12:46 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

From the vibes we get of the Empire Magazine interviews, it sounds like what we heard in the trailer will be representative of the rest soooo... Don't expect any ASIB moment, the OST will just not be the same like at all.

I don’t see how it the film is a big smash people wouldn’t check out the attached music. I wouldn’t expect an ASIB, but if it’s a hit it would increase her streams. Esp seeing as how she’s come so well with OSTs anyway. Even the TG ost is a cute success.

this would be some liddos worst nightmare though, they need dark ‘sinner of s*x’ era to smash instead :billie:

A Popster Is Born 10,451
On 8/8/2024 at 1:07 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I don’t see how it the film is a big smash people wouldn’t check out the attached music. I wouldn’t expect an ASIB, but if it’s a hit it would increase her streams. Esp seeing as how she’s come so well with OSTs anyway. Even the TG ost is a cute success.

this would be some liddos worst nightmare though, they need dark ‘sinner of s*x’ era to smash instead :billie:

I mean it's most definitely some kind of humming songs integrated to the dialogues just like in the trailer. That's mainly what is underlined in that Empire article

But yeah just lke TG, it is most definitely composed like a score. Mainly why Hidur is back making it tbh

Edited by Moonlight Shadow

Pop-a-911-ster 27,096
On 8/8/2024 at 7:20 AM, Leptine said:

Not to mention her casting can’t even be justified for vocal abilities since she will playback everything. 

It does not surprise me considering Pablo Larrain paid dust portraying Lady Diana and Marilyn Monroe...

Diana as an anorexic and paranoid woman while Monroe as a prostitute w/ problems w/ consume and all those "kids" she wasn't able to give birth. Terrible and disgusting.

I hate him. 

• paws up 1

The Popster 23
On 08.08.2024 at 13:20, Leptine said:

По-видимому, авторитетный эксперт заявил, что биографический фильм о Марии Каллас плох, что стало новой горячей темой на форуме, посвященном наградам.

Правда это или нет, но Джоли никогда не подходила для этой роли, одна из самых красивых женщин в мире (Джоли) играет женщину, у которой были серьезные проблемы с внешностью и фигурой, и которая к тому же страдала ожирением на протяжении многих лет. 

Не говоря уже о том, что ее выбор не может быть оправдан даже вокальными данными, поскольку она будет воспроизводить все подряд. 

what is the name of this forum ? 

Moderator 17,108
On 8/8/2024 at 10:46 AM, Miaou said:

Spotify (daily streams) :

Cowboy Carter (2024): 2,335,732 streams (27 songs)

:dead::dead::dead: this is truly TRAGIC :dead:

And yet it won't be called a flop for some reason. I called out the huge weaknesses when it dropped. I said that this will only be hyped by gays and won't cross over to a reliable streaming demographic, like country fans, so her stans will leave it to rot the moment they get bored of country.

A Popster Is Born 11,526

They can still attach one original song for the ending credits for Joker. And even the HMH type of success would be enough for me tbh. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 11,819
On 8/8/2024 at 10:38 AM, PanPikus said:

They can still attach one original song for the ending credits for Joker. And even the HMH type of success would be enough for me tbh. 

They would be DUMB to not have one. Like... you have THE Lady Gaga who won for Shallow and got 2 other noms. Im hoping it will happen :bradley:

• hugs 1
  • thanks 1