Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 7/21/2024 at 4:15 AM, XXXlop said:

The mental gymnastics in here to try to convince than a LEAD actress equals to a SUPPORTING actress... :laughga:

One is above the other, that's simple. Yeah, both are oscar-worthy, but even within Oscars, there's a hierachy.

It's like if someone would try to convince us that winning a Grammy for AOY equals to Best Pop Vocal Album :education:

What a dumb comparison

Popster to Popster 3,695
On 7/20/2024 at 11:37 PM, Ayobabylon said:

What a dumb comparison

I don't agree, he told the truth, there's a hierarchy on award shows whether we like it or not. Joker 2 will be the biggest film of Gaga's career in terms of box office and exposure so she has to go all out for the big awards. It's her biggest shot, go hard or go home.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711
On 7/21/2024 at 12:11 AM, Gabi said:

I love the fact that we set our expectations high again and already assume she will be nominated 

we never learn from the past mistakes :icant:

This

Already predicting a nomination at the Oscars, let alone a win when we all know the story with HoG :rip:

JFAD could be a massive panned movie too 
I swear y’all never learn :katy: 

Let’s wait and see 

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,695
On 7/20/2024 at 10:42 PM, Doncho said:

Her fall needs to be studied. Its kinda sad but then I remember what WW sounds like :katy:

Sad? She literally went back to working with her peer's rapist after thinking that the dust had already settled and that no one would care if she went back to the studio with that psychopath. Everything that is happening is still little to this nasty woman, she has no moral principles and neither does anyone who supports her.

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 7/21/2024 at 8:31 AM, Osama said:

I don't agree, he told the truth, there's a hierarchy on award shows whether we like it or not. Joker 2 will be the biggest film of Gaga's career in terms of box office and exposure so she has to go all out for the big awards. It's her biggest shot, go hard or go home.

A sequel is her biggest shot? I dont think so 

Oscars have 90% of the times rejected sequels unless they offer something new n obscure 

At the same time the leading actress category is extremely competitive this year 

Cannes already have given 2 girls who definitely are getting best actress nod which are Mikey Madison for Anora she is locked for a nod and Karla Sofía Gascón for Emilia Perez (who can be the first trans actress to get nominated) 

on top of that Amy Adams just won TIFF (5/6 past TIFF winners also won oscars including Joaquin Phoenix) 

Angelina Jolie sure shot is getting nominated for maria bc pablo larrian always gets his actress in 

THE 5th slot left we have saoirse ronan for blitz, jessica lange etc who are oscar darlings

So tell me how is it her "best chance"?

IM not saying she can't get in at all, she can and she can even win but if you are relying on Joker 1 overperformance at 2019 oscars then that stupidity

Joker simply has to be a best picture contender and lady gaga has to win Volpi Cup for Best Actress at Cannes Film Festival otherwise i dont see her getting in bc the competition is cut throat 

Although she can BAG a supporting actress nomination and potential win this year not bc its a less privileged category but because its not as cut throat competition as best actress 

Popster to Popster 3,695
On 7/21/2024 at 1:05 AM, Ayobabylon said:

A sequel is her biggest shot? I dont think so 

Oscars have 90% of the times rejected sequels unless they offer something new n obscure 

At the same time the leading actress category is extremely competitive this year 

Cannes already have given 2 girls who definitely are getting best actress nod which are Mikey Madison for Anora she is locked for a nod and Karla Sofía Gascón for Emilia Perez (who can be the first trans actress to get nominated) 

on top of that Amy Adams just won TIFF (5/6 past TIFF winners also won oscars including Joaquin Phoenix) 

Angelina Jolie sure shot is getting nominated for maria bc pablo larrian always gets his actress in 

THE 5th slot left we have saoirse ronan for blitz, jessica lange etc who are oscar darlings

So tell me how is it her "best chance"?

IM not saying she can't get in at all, she can and she can even win but if you are relying on Joker 1 overperformance at 2019 oscars then that stupidity

Joker simply has to be a best picture contender and lady gaga has to win Volpi Cup for Best Actress at Cannes Film Festival otherwise i dont see her getting in bc the competition is cut throat 

Although she can BAG a supporting actress nomination and potential win this year not bc its a less privileged category but because its not as cut throat competition as best actress 

Ain't nobody reading all that, you can give up on this random narrative driven by haters because Gaga will be nominated for Best Actress, suffer. :oscar:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 7/21/2024 at 10:28 AM, Osama said:

Ain't nobody reading all that, you can give up on this random narrative driven by haters because Gaga will be nominated for Best Actress, suffer. :oscar:

Stop using poppers lmao 

Popster to Popster 3,695
On 7/21/2024 at 2:15 AM, ViviLittleM said:

At least better than expected

Radio payola, high-budget video, 1 month of promotion, remix EP, Dr. Luke, black hair and nakedness, all that for a quick lil Top 60 that will be OUT next week? IJBOL :nickiha:

Edited by Osama

Popster to Popster 3,695
On 7/21/2024 at 2:23 AM, Ayobabylon said:

You have the IQ of a donkey put me on ignore 

But you're the beyfan honey, not me. :nickiha: Do you still think you have the balls to say where Gaga should be nominated, like, where's the sense? Your fave is a nobody in Hollywood. I don't think there are mirrors in your house. :mess:

A Popster Is Born 10,464
On 7/21/2024 at 12:45 AM, XXXlop said:

The mental gymnastics in here to try to convince than a LEAD actress equals to a SUPPORTING actress... :laughga:

One is above the other, that's simple. Yeah, both are oscar-worthy, but even within Oscars, there's a hierachy.

It's like if someone would try to convince us that winning a Grammy for AOY equals to Best Pop Vocal Album :education:

Is that a way to admit Gaga is a small winner ar Grammy Awards :bebe:

Moderator 17,110

Next time, this discussion shouldn't escalate like this. We can argue the merit of a supporting or lead actress win, but it's pretty clear that both wins will be a tremendous boost for her already big acting career.

• paws up 7
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
On 7/21/2024 at 2:07 AM, Dean Judaster said:

Anyways Judas #3 on Friday update :applause:

Fad Romance not even top5? :gaga-scream:

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 7/20/2024 at 9:07 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Anyways Judas #3 on Friday update :applause:

I hate cause with a semi viral push PF would chart into Top 200 globally 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 7/21/2024 at 5:58 AM, Osama said:

Liddos in Jan 2022 teas :billie: 

• thanks 1

Popster This Way 650
On 7/21/2024 at 8:24 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Is that a way to admit Gaga is a small winner ar Grammy Awards :bebe:

Well, kinda yes....she has never won a General Field Grammy (AOY, SOY, ROY, BNA)

Moderator 17,110
On 7/21/2024 at 10:45 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Liddos in Jan 2022 teas :billie: 

And yet I vividly remember even major outlets citing her not being nominated for HOG being a huge snub. Nobody expected Gaga to not be nominated.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 3