Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Popster to Popster 3,670
On 8/30/2024 at 9:33 AM, JustJames said:

It’s annoying how the industry always seems to adjust a little too late for Gaga to get her full due. Like, so many lightweight pop albums getting 75-85 MC scores when BTW got 71 / TFM 78. Or, the Grammys handing out noms to smash pop albums and singles after snubbing Bad Romance. Or, streaming counting heavily after Gaga’s online dominance (TF-BTW).

Now, Radio. Paparazzi’s chart run was cut short for Bad Romance because Pop Radio wouldn’t spin more than 1 single per artist. “Taste” would’ve never been a viable option / given such a big push as 1 metric would’ve stalled with Pop Radio already spinning espresso and PPP so much.

Clearly, her team knew they could get Airplay for all 3. It is what it is, I just wish Pop Radio was as open when BTW or ARTPOP came out so we could’ve had ScheiBe and SEXXX DREAMS playing alongside You and I / Applause.

There are so many missed opportunities in Gaga's career...:dry:

A Popster Is Born 11,819

Katy s Roar also nominated for Most Iconic Performance. If she wins it just because she is the Vanguard... :icant:

I literally cant remember anything iconic about that perf

• thanks 1
  • lol 12

Pop-a-911-ster 39,227
On 8/30/2024 at 11:01 AM, Doncho said:

Katy s Roar also nominated for Most Iconic Performance. If she wins it just because she is the Vanguard... :icant:

I literally cant remember anything iconic about that perf

Maybe it’s just another reason to give Gaga a VMA since she gave pity and is sending a filmed performance in for the show  :gaycat:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,670
On 8/30/2024 at 10:29 AM, corvus albus said:

Germany singles charts

#37 (+15) Die With A Smile - Lady Gaga & Bruno Mars

Die With A Smile is Gaga's 22nd top 40 hit in Germany. Here for a higher peak.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,670

Die With A Smile is Gaga's 15th top 10 and Bruno's 8th in Norway. It's Bruno's highest peak since Grenade (#1). Yes, Uptown Funk peaked at "just" #6.

• paws up 8
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 11,819
On 8/30/2024 at 12:08 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Maybe it’s just another reason to give Gaga a VMA since she gave pity and is sending a filmed performance in for the show  :gaycat:

I sure hope so :gaycat:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 692
On 8/30/2024 at 12:42 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Idk but I've a feeling something will happen in 20 minutes

I know VOGUE cover is really near. I hope Gaga gets it!

Popster to Popster 3,670
On 8/30/2024 at 11:51 AM, Doncho said:

So we could count this as Paparazzi 6th VMA nomination overall :whatga:

If Im real, I think the Madonna performance is the most iconic, and Gaga s is second. But I really hope they give it to Gaga

Not on my f-ing watch. Madonna's performances? More iconic than Gaga's? What's iconic about dressing up as a bride and rolling around on stage? Kissing singers on stage? And always doing playback. Gimme a minute. Gaga sang live, played the piano, danced and was lifted bleeding in front of the whole world just 1 year into her career. No one deserves this award more than her.

• thanks 2
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 2,899
On 8/30/2024 at 5:55 PM, Osama said:

Not on my f-ing watch. Madonna's performances? More iconic than Gaga's? What's iconic about dressing up as a bride and rolling around on stage? Kissing singers on stage? And always doing playback. Gimme a minute. Gaga sang live, played the piano, danced and was lifted bleeding in front of the whole world just 1 year into her career. No one deserves this award more than her.

Iconic means how it impacted in pop culture and that Madonna performance is remembered as one the most Iconic moments in pop history, even if i'm for Paparazzi win i can't say that the Madonne performance wasn't iconic

• paws up 4
  • thanks 4
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,670
On 8/30/2024 at 12:58 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Iconic means how it impacted in pop culture and that Madonna performance is remembered as one the most Iconic moments in pop history, even if i'm for Paparazzi win i can't say that the Madonne performance wasn't iconic

Iconic this iconic that. Y'all trivialized the real meaning of the word in calling any sh!t "iconic".

Popstanne 7,562

Dutch Top 40

#7 (+19) Die With A Smile

Her first top 10 since ROM and her 11th overall

Spoiler

#1 Just Dance (2 weeks)

#1 Poker Face (8 weeks)

#1 Born This Way (2 weeks)

#4 Paparazzi

#4 Alejandro

#5 LoveGame

#5 Shallow

#6 Telephone

#7 Rain on Me

#7 Die With A Smile

#10 Bad Romance

Edited by JennyWayne
  • paws up 14
  • yaas, gaga 6
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 8/30/2024 at 2:33 PM, JustJames said:

It’s annoying how the industry always seems to adjust a little too late for Gaga to get her full due. Like, so many lightweight pop albums getting 75-85 MC scores when BTW got 71 / TFM 78. Or, the Grammys handing out noms to smash pop albums and singles after snubbing Bad Romance. Or, streaming counting heavily after Gaga’s online dominance (TF-BTW).

Now, Radio. Paparazzi’s chart run was cut short for Bad Romance because Pop Radio wouldn’t spin more than 1 single per artist. “Taste” would’ve never been a viable option / given such a big push as 1 metric would’ve stalled with Pop Radio already spinning espresso and PPP so much.

Clearly, her team knew they could get Airplay for all 3. It is what it is, I just wish Pop Radio was as open when BTW or ARTPOP came out so we could’ve had ScheiBe and SEXXX DREAMS playing alongside You and I / Applause.

If you think, the same happened to Madonna as well, the fact that she has no general fields wins and just 7 Grammys with pop masterpieces like ROL and Confenssions... whereas now you have somebody like Billie Elish potentially be already a 2 AOTY winners.. Or not even let me start with Taylor Swift with her mediocre albums..

Lana del Rey not having a Grammy is a crime as well and note that the last 2 AOTY album won by Swift are basically a pale imitation of her style with the same producer.

Gaga belongs to push the boundaries artists that rarely gets their flowers and I would say things have changed a lot since ASIB and that Oscar performance because she still is young and her talent is now universally recognized.

• paws up 2

Kindness Admin 7,527
On 8/30/2024 at 11:55 AM, Osama said:

On 8/30/2024 at 11:58 AM, ReadyGaga said:

On 8/30/2024 at 12:01 PM, Osama said:

Iconic this iconic that. Y'all trivialized the real meaning of the word in calling any sh!t "iconic".

Madonna's performance was incredibly iconic and defined pop performance for years and years. There are lots of attributes that go into making a performance iconic. Of course, not being there when it happens makes it a lot harder to appreciate or see the impact. I doubt people who were too young for the VMAs circa 2008-2015 have much appreciation for Gaga's also iconic Paparazzi performance. 

• paws up 8

Moderator 24,056
On 8/30/2024 at 9:46 PM, Daddy said:

Monthly listeners 

76,109,681 (+1,134,861)

Passed Justin Bieber

next victim drake!!

• paws up 2
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 8