Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

The Fame Popster 333
On 8/28/2024 at 8:51 AM, thehanyo said:

These were all on the album, no? Nothing released after this.

Also, what a sonic mess. Covers of Beatles songs, Lemonade b-sides, interludes...

Where is Shania? The Chicks? Tim McGraw/Faith Hill? She made an album with country aesthetics and not country pop. THE is the only country song on that album. A MESS.

I’m not a Beyoncé fan but on the approach she took is way more in line with her brand/image than “capitalizing on an era” - period. She’s cemented her legacy since 2013 by doing the very opposite and obfuscating the metrics of a successful release: surprise dropping Beyoncé and Lemonade, abandoning visuals for Renaissance and Cowboy Carter, etc.

The mix of collabs was genius: “stamp of approval” of actual country legends (nobody gives a sh1t if they’re on interludes) like Nelson / Parton, “gave exposure” to new acts like Shaboozey… which mitigates the somewhat jarring inclusion of Post Malone / Miley Cyrus who are genre-adjacent but bring in a younger audience. 

Clamoring for “country legends” yet asking for a Faith Hill remix? lol. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a big CMA moment with The Chicks lined up to avenge 2016.

Edited by JustJames
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,285
On 8/28/2024 at 3:32 PM, LaMaterialista said:

that new poster :gaga-thanks: supporting actress apologists found dead

She literally had an individual poster for Machete Kills, means nothing about the status of her character (even if she'll be central for sure)

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,522

I was in high school when I started to wait for spotify update n now i have a wife and 2 kids yet still no update 

Edited by Ayobabylon
  • lol 18

Moderator 23,352
On 8/28/2024 at 7:08 PM, Ayobabylon said:

I was in high school when I started to wait for spotify update n now i have a wife and 2 kids yet still no update 

2 kids in this economy!! 

• lol 14

The Popster 68

I have just done the Tiktok live thing and I got two people to play it, but this last girl told me she doesn’t like the song at all and doesn’t know who is listening to it.

spacer.png

• lol 7
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 10,285
On 8/28/2024 at 3:57 PM, joseanto1997 said:

I have just done the Tiktok live thing and I got two people to play it, but this last girl told me she doesn’t like the song at all and doesn’t know who is listening to it.

spacer.png

Lets Go Vibes GIF by Criss P

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 16,277
On 8/28/2024 at 3:57 PM, joseanto1997 said:

spacer.png

oh no u found katyrat. Did she say it has autoplay

IMG-9368.gif

Popster This Way 669
On 8/28/2024 at 3:51 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Are this snippets good? The one at the end of traumatica concert was really good.. A mix between micheal jackson and the weekend 

A Popster Is Born 14,730

You know Spotify is late when we start discussing Vocaroos again

spacer.png

• lol 10