Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Popster for Sale 44,666
On 8/26/2024 at 10:43 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Its nice seeing gaga at #1 

I never expected a smash hit from her in 2024 after listening to the experimental snippets of lg-7

So she basically secured a smash before starting the new era and now she can easily release her most experimental magnum opus AMEN 

LG-7 SNIPPETS sounds excellent and Im not even biased

I'm so curious as to what the plan is - I think things will be clearer once she releases the album and the timing will make sense.

Lately I've been leaning towards the option that this was released as a proxy lead single for an album which is going to be released all at once. That way they get the benefit of releasing the album at once (surprise element, not many expectations, the risk of singles not doing that well) that worked out so well for Billie, without the risk of having Gaga, an artist known for her smash singles, not create hype via a single. 

Edited by DieWithAnOreo
  • paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 31,776

Spotify Switzerland:

7. Die With A Smile (+7) *new peak*

Spotify Germany:

23. Die With A Smile (+13) *new peak*

:giveup:

• paws up 11
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 14

Pop-a-911-ster 39,265
On 8/25/2024 at 11:32 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Yeah that’s what I kinda said this morning, it was a harsh drop but wasn’t necessarily out of line with the 5-10% drops seen on Saturdays (like I said, Billie’s BOAF did the same thing last week).

let’s see Sunday numbers and see how it does throughout the coming week. Also, I can see Friday & Saturday not necessarily being a good weekend streamed song…I remember applause would get boosts every weekend cause it was like a party song and DWAS is definitely not..I wonder if this will be a pattern we see with this song. It’s too early to tell.

EITHER WAY #2 ON GLOBAL SPOTIFY WITH 8M+ :giveup:

Wow my mind :giveup: it did exactly what I said it would do, pull a BOAF

Back to #1 on global Spotify with over 8M :giveup:

HAVE FAITH YALL 

STNePTv.jpeg

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

The Fame Popster 467

Honestly, I feel like Gaga's team is still planning the rollout for her album. 

The fact that she just mentioned "dropping new music all at once" tells me that she just got pitched the idea and she's definitely opened for that kinda of rollout. 

This kinda harkens back to the day where she posted "whats is fornight" and then only to reveal she has a collaboration lined up with the brand. 

• thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,929
On 8/26/2024 at 3:18 PM, DieWithAnOreo said:

I'm so curious as to what the plan is - I think things will be clearer once she releases the album and the timing will make sense.

Lately I've been leaning towards the option that this was released as a proxy lead single for an album which is going to be released all at once. That way they get the benefit of releasing the album at once (surprise element, not many expectations, the risk of singles not doing that well) that worked out so well for Billie, without the risk of having Gaga, an artist known for her smash singles, not create hype via a single. 

Surprise drop is risky but it works extremely well when the artist wants you to experience the entire body of work instead of the singles and at the same time you need great confidence in your product to ditch the traditional rollout 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,471

Random thought but spooky season is coming soon. Time for Bloody Mary and Monster to get their usual big boost

Hopefully LG7 is also coming from Hell at that time :zoom:

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1