Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Pop-a-911-ster 29,655
On 8/25/2024 at 5:28 PM, Andreu said:

Who said that?

Gaga herself + Todd on Variety

Gaga has proven that she can belt out any style of music (see her jazz albums with Tony Bennett), and Phoenix, who once channeled Johnny Cash in “Walk the Line,” is similarly gifted at carrying a tune. But Phillips and his “Joker: Folie à Deux” stars wanted to create a rawer, more unstable sound, fluctuating between euphoria and despair, even if that occasionally required singing off-key.

“We asked ourselves what would need to be true for two people to just break into song in the middle of a conversation?” Gaga says. “Where does the music come from when no one can hear it but the characters? Neither Arthur nor Lee are professional singers, and they shouldn’t sound like they are.”

Phoenix agrees. “It was important to me that we never perform the songs as one typically does in a musical. We didn’t want vibrato and perfect notes.” Instead, the goal was to do something “nerve-racking but honest.” The result is captivating in the way that Phoenix’s uninhibited trance dancing in the first “Joker” was so wildly arresting.

• thanks 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,227
On 8/25/2024 at 11:26 AM, DieWithAnOreo said:

The drop was a bit harsh but the thursday update was much more of a freak update so I don't think the song is necessarilly freefalling

Yeah that’s what I kinda said this morning, it was a harsh drop but wasn’t necessarily out of line with the 5-10% drops seen on Saturdays (like I said, Billie’s BOAF did the same thing last week).

let’s see Sunday numbers and see how it does throughout the coming week. Also, I can see Friday & Saturday not necessarily being a good weekend streamed song…I remember applause would get boosts every weekend cause it was like a party song and DWAS is definitely not..I wonder if this will be a pattern we see with this song. It’s too early to tell.

EITHER WAY #2 ON GLOBAL SPOTIFY WITH 8M+ :giveup:

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 2,026
On 8/25/2024 at 12:26 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Less than 10M until she could pass Eminem (I’m sure Sabrina will keep increasing) !!!!!! :giveup: can Gaga actually get into the Top 10..has she ever done that before?

David Guetta? In 2024? Give me a break

Pop-a-911-ster 39,227

she has the #2 song on Global Spotify and is going to premiering her new movie at Venice in 10 f-ING DAYS :giveup: she’s such a f-ing queen

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 8
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 10,451
On 8/25/2024 at 5:40 PM, Fame Romance said:

Not about to hit 70M monthly listeners tomorrow. I-

80M next month here we go :darkmode:

Don’t end your peers like that :darkmode:

An album drop later this year could give her 100M monthly listeners tbh

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 11,526

Also the damn dramatics cause we dropped one mothafaking spot on Spotify Global to an established current smash hit by Billie chile :nickiha: some of yall really live i different reality it seems :door:

• paws up 10
  • thanks 10
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popstanne 9,897
On 8/25/2024 at 1:20 PM, Daddy said:

Spotify Update

Shallow: (+985,776)

ARUTW: (+959,064)

Poker Face: (+1,108,923)

1.1M on a Saturday, Poker God, you’ll always be famous :giveup:

• thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 4