Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Pop-a-911-ster 25,796
On 8/24/2024 at 9:23 PM, Gypsy Life said:

With 500k videos on TikTok in 1 day, Taste should realistically do like 50m on Spotify with this amount of exposure 

I remember Shakira was doing around 250k when it was super viral, while Flowers was doing around 200k daily. This number of videos makes 0 sense to me

Popster to Popster 4,619
On 8/24/2024 at 9:14 PM, Arturo said:

US AM

#1 Taste (+1)

#2 Please Please Please (-1)

#3 Espresso (=)

#4 Die With A Smile (=)

ItuKx0m.gif

• lol 12

Popster to Popster 3,697
On 8/24/2024 at 3:29 PM, Arturo said:

Gaga's last few singles on Radio Songs and their respective peaks on format charts:

Bloody Mary: #13 (#10 Pop / #3 HAC / #21 AC)

Hold My Hand #33 (#19 Pop / #12 HAC / AC #9)

Rain On Me #15 (#10 Pop / #3 HAC / #11 AC)

Stupid Love #19 (#11 Pop / #8 HAC / #18 AC)

Shallow #10 (#19 Pop / #2 HAC / #2 AC)

Just wanted to give perspective on how big a multi format smash on Pop HAC and AC plus a little help from Rhythmic can turn into for her.

Something performing similar to Shallow on HAC/AC and like BM or ROM on Pop (at a minimum) would probably give her her first Radio Songs Top 10 since Shallow (2019) and her first Radio Songs hit above #10 since Applause (#7, 2013)

Radio come through.

If Rhythmic plays the song they need to send it to R&B radio as well. :happydance: I'm sure Country radio would play it too, this song fits into several formats, it's that smash that pleases everyone. :happydance:

Pop-a-911-ster 22,964
On 8/24/2024 at 10:29 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

I remember Shakira was doing around 250k when it was super viral, while Flowers was doing around 200k daily. This number of videos makes 0 sense to me

I looked back and these 2 songs were at 3m videos at the 1 month mark, so closer to 100k daily, so yeah 500k daily is a little odd especially with only 1 video with over 1m likes

• paws up 3

Popstanne 9,376
On 8/24/2024 at 12:36 PM, Osama said:

If Rhythmic plays the song they need to send it to R&B radio as well. :happydance: I'm sure Country radio would play it too, this song fits into several formats, it's that smash that pleases everyone. :happydance:

Now sis, R&B would give it a couple spins but Country is not touching this :rip: 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,697
On 8/24/2024 at 3:51 PM, Dirkje said:

(if this is AP, sorry, I just got home lol)

This is straight from the late 60s/early 70s what the hell ::-O:

Popster to Popster 3,697
On 8/24/2024 at 4:40 PM, Arturo said:

Now sis, R&B would give it a couple spins but Country is not touching this :rip: 

Never say never :lesson:

Popstanne 9,376
On 8/24/2024 at 12:44 PM, Osama said:

Never say never :lesson:

I know you're mostly joking but this is a good wwy to bring up that Country is so insanely stubborn. They refused to play the biggest non-Morgan country hit last year, I Remember Everything, because they have a boner for hating Zach Bryan AND Kacey Musgraves. 
Literally one of the biggest songs of the decade that debuted at #1 and it got stuck at #26 on Country radio :rip: Not much better than its Pop Airplay peak of #30.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,697
On 8/24/2024 at 4:48 PM, Arturo said:

I know you're mostly joking but this is a good wwy to bring up that Country is so insanely stubborn. They refused to play the biggest non-Morgan country hit last year, I Remember Everything, because they have a boner for hating Zach Bryan AND Kacey Musgraves. 
Literally one of the biggest songs of the decade that debuted at #1 and it got stuck at #26 on Country radio :rip: Not much better than its Pop Airplay peak of #30.

No, I'm not kidding. Bad performance from other artists doesn't mean we have to flop too. Shallow's cover hit #21 on country radio, it doesn't hurt to try.

Popster This Way 638

Offtop 

what is yours top 3(5) songs this summer besides dwas? 

I really enjoy Joyride, Lifetimes, b2b

also hush hush; hush hush by PD and song for the lonely by Cher somehow appears in my playlist this summer

Popster to Popster 3,428
On 8/24/2024 at 9:11 PM, Arturo said:

That new Gaga/Bruno promo pic looks like when someone edits a pic to make people not smiling look like they're smiling. Giving "well it's just started!"

Nnn thought the same :icant:  was about to post this

Pop-a-911-ster 30,366
On 8/24/2024 at 9:53 PM, mattelbutch said:

Offtop 

what is yours top 3(5) songs this summer besides dwas? 

I really enjoy Joyride, Lifetimes, b2b

also hush hush; hush hush by PD and song for the lonely by Cher somehow appears in my playlist this summer

limiting it to english language songs. i'd say these are my three bops of the summer:

but tbh I am not streaming much new english language music this year so :ohyes:

• love 2

Popstanne 9,376
On 8/24/2024 at 12:53 PM, Osama said:

No, I'm not kidding. Bad performance from other artists doesn't mean we have to flop too. Shallow's cover hit #21 on country radio, it doesn't hurt to try.

By a country artist. They didn't touch Gaga's version and won't touch DWAS.

• paws up 1