Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Popster for Sale 44,664
On 8/23/2024 at 6:31 PM, sugden said:

Our best luck of going #1 is today

Cause that sabrina song is gonna smash so hard it already has 20k videos on tiktok and is top 20 on AM

if the album did 12M partial I feel like even for tomorrow nothing's guaranteed :dead:

• paws up 1

Popstanne 6,106
On 8/23/2024 at 1:27 PM, GraceRandolph said:

The difference is that this stunt by Joaquin could cost the production $$$ which is all Hollywood really cares about.

everyone knows Phoenix is notoriously stubborn and kinda a pain in the a**/very true to his craft. And Phoenix’s track record has given him that record to stand on. doubt it'll have a dent on the success of Joker 2. People will still turn out for the movie. In terms of awards clout, the most it can do is hurt Joaquin's chances himself (which i doubt he cares since he already won for the first), but the actual movie will be completely separate from this discussion

• paws up 1

Popstanne 9,376
On 8/23/2024 at 10:26 AM, ViviLittleM said:

“It is too early for post-mortems on the Top 10 careers of Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars as the former returns to the chart’s top tier for the first time since 2020, and the latter for the first time since 2018, as their collaborative release, Die With A Smile, debuts at No.7 (27,333 sales, including 997 CDs). A one-off teaming recorded during sessions for Mars’ upcoming album, the powerful ballad provides Gaga’s 32nd Top 75 entry and 15th Top 10 entry, Mars’ 27th hit in all (including Soul Sonic tracks) and 12th Top 10 entry.”

Not 997 I- our fanbase

I didn't realize Leave the Door Open barely made the Top 20 in the UK.

Pop-a-911-ster 25,803
On 8/23/2024 at 7:35 PM, DieWithAnOreo said:

if the album did 12M partial I feel like even for tomorrow nothing's guaranteed :dead:

I think the 2 singles are included. Billie did less than 5M, how can Sabrina do 14M

• paws up 2
  • thanks 3

Popster for Sale 44,664
On 8/23/2024 at 6:38 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

I think the 2 singles are included. Billie did less than 5M, how can Sabrina do 14M

On 8/23/2024 at 6:39 PM, xo_hours said:

This is not really comparable to Billie's who had no pre released singles. Espresso and PPP had full tracking days.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. There's still hope for #1 tomorrow then. Fingers crossed! 

Pop-a-911-ster 26,497
On 8/23/2024 at 1:34 PM, Fame Romance said:

Judas is somehow always there when she has another song massively viral or smashing like BM or DWAS lmao

And in both instances, Judas was actually gaining first, got overtaken but benefitted from the other song. It just keeps finding ways to increase :giveup:

Oh Friday update please come through. If it breaks 1M, I'm happy if it stabilizes there

supernatural-dean-winchester.gif

• yaas, gaga 2

Popster for Sale 44,664
On 8/23/2024 at 6:39 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

2,4M in the last 24h on youtube :whatga:

Perched for the weekend updates as videos tend to increase in views. 

Moderator 24,207
On 8/23/2024 at 11:08 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

PPP and espresso alone accounted for 12,2M streams :billie:

• thanks 3
  • lol 10

Popster to Popster 3,702
On 8/23/2024 at 2:22 PM, little legend said:

if I stream it from here (without opening Spotify app) does the stream count?

No, because this preview is only 30 seconds long (precisely to not count it as a stream), so we know that Spotify only counts streams from 31 seconds onwards.

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,264
On 8/23/2024 at 1:41 PM, Gypsy Life said:

"14m partial day" but it's just the 2 singles full days. So unserious :rip:

I was like “did people suddenly forget that PPO & Espresso exist why are they freaking about 14M  that’s almost nothing for anything else” 

:tea:

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 2,916
On 8/23/2024 at 5:42 PM, Leptine said:

Anyway just wanted to share my thoughts on DWAS since I haven't been around lately and I'm not posting on ATRL as well.

DWAS has been one of the best move in Gaga's careeer, from the kind of song and the imagine-look, I wasn't really convinced at first when the rumor of a Bruno collab came out (I wanted the Weeknd more not gonna lie), but the result is outstanding, the song is just objectively good, they both fit perfectly in the song, reason of why the song is smashing this way organically, I honestly was ready to not be a big fan of this collab before heard it but instead it happened the contrary (always best having lower expectations).

Now all of this until 2 weeks ago was totally unexpected, not sure if this big droplet means the album is far away or not but  I'm not expecting LG7 music anytime soon, I'm totally fine with album in 2025 like I've always been and in the meanwhile we have a big droplet that is shaping to be one of the biggest hit of her career, I'm sure it will get awards recognition as well and then in 2 weeks the JFAD era starts so 2025 for LG7 for me it's totally fine.

The Weeknd wish the 3% of Bruno talent 

• paws up 1