Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

On 8/23/2024 at 10:55 AM, Leptine said:

Also I've been mad at Phoenix for dropping (with consequent collapse of production) that gay movie that he brought himself to the director and producers since it was his idea and apparently the reason is the fact the gay scenes were too much explicit :overit:

Don't know but hopefully this mess won't impact JFAD in terms of critics-industry reception, audience doesn't care of course, but dropping a movie and causing the collapse of an entire production with consequent money loss is not a good look by his part, this b*ch truly couldn't have avoided something that messy ahead of JFAD release?

I just hope the whole thing will be forgotten asap.

I don't buy the theory that Joaquin was too afraid to film explicit gay sex scenes. Just doesn't seem like the type to be intimidated by that at all. He's always been temperamental, and I'm wondering if he is a lot pickier with roles after his JFAD paycheck.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,394
On 8/23/2024 at 9:12 PM, Leptine said:

Anyway just wanted to share my thoughts on DWAS since I haven't been around lately and I'm not posting on ATRL as well.

DWAS has been one of the best move in Gaga's careeer, from the kind of song and the imagine-look, I wasn't really convinced at first when the rumor of a Bruno collab came out (I wanted the Weeknd more not gonna lie), but the result is outstanding, the song is just objectively good, they both fit perfectly in the song, reason of why the song is smashing this way organically, I honestly was ready to not be a big fan of this collab before heard it but instead it happened the contrary (always best having lower expectations).

Now all of this until 2 weeks ago was totally unexpected, not sure if this big droplet means the album is far away or not but  I'm not expecting LG7 music anytime soon, I'm totally fine with album in 2025 like I've always been and in the meanwhile we have a big droplet that is shaping to be one of the biggest hit of her career, I'm sure it will get awards recognition as well and then in 2 weeks the JFAD era starts so 2025 for LG7 for me it's totally fine.

Omg I missed you!

• love 1

Moderator 7,818

Its clear to me that Europe liked DWAS! Now we need the Hot 100 updates!

• love 4

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 8/23/2024 at 11:08 AM, Dirkje said:

Its clear to me that Europe liked DWAS! Now we need the Hot 100 updates!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but DWAS didn't really start surging in streaming across Europe until the middle of the tracking week? I expect climbs in Netherlands, Ireland, Norway, etc in its second week. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,921
x3

the fact that its smashing everywhere from North America to South America, From Oceania to South East Asia and Japan (and probably also India). In Europe its starting to accelerate too.

a WW mega smash:giveup:

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 3

Kindness Admin 7,528
On 8/23/2024 at 12:11 PM, SpanishMonster said:

Omg I can’t wait to go tomorrow. 

@Leptine- yeah, that’s a big mess and I hope it gets resolved, but it’ll almost def impact his standing for award season, let’s just hope it doesn’t impact Gaga or the media blitz in general. 

@GraceRandolph- I Stan Grace almost as hard as I do Gaga :queen:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Moderator 7,818

OMG 20 years LAMB!

I love Gwen, she's at my wish list to go see live at least once!

• paws up 1
  • love 2