Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Popster to Popster 3,894
On 8/23/2024 at 9:31 PM, Lazz Monster said:

pls, Sabrina dreams of having half a TD in her career, and i don't even stan Katy

I never said anything about commercial success. To me, Katy's success was just right timing, she was there at the right time, right place because even if Roar or Dark Horse was released now, it would have even FAILED. Her bubblegum pop era was indeed phenomenal but that was just it, she has a legacy then but if she has real appeals she would have stayed strong in either this way or another, but she just doesn't.

Edited by TheCureInChromatica

ARTPOPster 1,530

sabrina could be the tik tok to DWAS’s bad romance for all i care. this song is a smash irrespective of whether it’s #1 or #2

Edited by holyenigma
  • paws up 4

Popstanne 9,920
On 8/23/2024 at 11:34 AM, TheCureInChromatica said:

I never said anything about commercial success. To me, Katy's success was just right timing, she was there at the right time, right place because even if Roar or Dark Horse was released now, it would have even FAILED. Her bubblegum pop era was indeed was phenomenal but that was just it, she has a legacy then but if she has real appeals she would have stayed strong in either this way or another, but she just doesn't.

I wasn't talking about commercial success either, TD and Prism are miles better than Short n' Sweet

Katy started releasing boring and uninspired songs with Witness

Edited by Lazz Monster

Popster to Popster 3,894
On 8/23/2024 at 9:36 PM, Lazz Monster said:

I wasn't talking about commercial success either, TD and Prism are miles better than Short n' Sweet

Katy started releasing boring and unispired songs with Witness

TD debatable, but PRISM, hell nah :billie: 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,921
x3

I am not afraid of any other release.  Gaga might not smash every signle time, but when she smashes, she completely destroys any other competition e.g. Just Dance/Poker Face/Bad Romance/Born This Way/Shallow.

this song is shaping up to become a huge smash and Gaga hasnt lifted up a finger. I am pretty sure that in 2-3 weeks for now, Gaga and Interscope will do something (signed CD copies or whatever) to ensure the #1.

Also the song is becoming such a massive smash that the other artists should be afraid of DWAS and not us. That Bar song or Expresso song aint blocking us :shine:

• paws up 8
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,921
x3

Gaga (and us) getting ready to receive a #1 WW smash hit,  a #1 hit on BB100, Grammys for Best Pop Duo, Song Of The Year and Record Of The Year, Oscar for Best Actress ,a box office smash movie ,  a  #1 soundtrack and much more

llama-498-x-498-gif-4zlkjs31jkmxo5jb.web

• lol 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,786
On 8/23/2024 at 2:48 PM, Gypsy Life said:

It is DWAS and your math is right (it needs 7.3m to be exact)  :whatga:

Yup, it's definitely possible. With ballad autumn/fall season, J:FAD publicity and countdown playlists maintaining decent streams

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

Popstanne 9,920
On 8/23/2024 at 11:49 AM, Miaou said:

Norway
12 (New) Die With A Smile

DWAS - 1st week on charts so far

#1 New Zealand

#10 Australia

#12 Norway
#13 Ireland
#52 Germany

• paws up 6
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 3

Popster to Popster 4,611
On 8/23/2024 at 4:43 PM, little legend said:

When they include DWAS in the Joker 2 movie and it gets 20m daily Spotify streams:giveup:

I think they're gonna use a lot the song for some TikTok edits of JFAD, it fits perfectly.

• paws up 8
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,696

Lady Gaga ties with Madonna as the only female artist in history to have a #1 hit in New Zealand in three different decades.

LADY GAGA:

#1 Poker Face (2008)

#1 Born This Way (2011)

#1 Shallow (2018)

#1 Die With A Smile (2024)

MADONNA:

#1 Like a Virgin (1985)

#1 Like a Prayer (1989)

#1 Vogue (1990)

#1 Music (2000)

#1 Don't Tell Me (2001)

Edited by Osama
  • paws up 6
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 13
  • love 4

ARTPOPster 2,113
On 8/23/2024 at 10:27 AM, Daddy said:

God, am I the only one who found that video downright ugly?

Nope, I couldn't get past the first 20 seconds, it's gross.

• thanks 1