Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Popster to Popster 3,670

Unfortunately there is no way to reach #1 this week because no one saw the song blowing up like that (especially her lazy record label and manager) and there are only two and a half days left until the tracking week ends. The song's best shot at #1 will be to drop alternative versions, vinyl, signed physical and digital copies, and recorded performance all at once when the song is at its peak on the radio.

The Fame Popster 442
On 8/20/2024 at 10:59 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

The song is not viral at all

The song is already sitting at 26.5K uses on TikTok, her breakdown audio and a few fan edits scrape another 5K. And that number is similar on reels. I don't think it's as viral or sweeping as Bloody Mary but it's making the rounds and gaining traction. Rain On Me hasn't even reached that stat.

Popster for Sale 44,592
On 8/20/2024 at 3:55 PM, Osama said:

Rolling starts next week tho... :awkney:

I dont think this will be significant since there wasnt a huge radio deal in place

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,230

The answer is a full-on musical, which uses a genre associated with Judy Garland and Fred Astaire to examine a frayed mind growing even more dangerously untethered as the Joker stands trial for five murders.

“Todd took a very big swing with this whole concept and with the script, giving the sequel to ‘Joker’ this audacity and complexity,” says Gaga. “There’s music, there’s dance, it’s a drama, it’s also a courtroom drama, it’s a comedy, it’s happy, it’s sad. It’s a testament to [Todd] as a director, that he would rather be creative than just tell a traditional story of love.”

“Joker: Folie à Deux” may be his most go-for-broke gamble yet. It’s a movie that kicks off with a Looney Tunes-inspired cartoon starring the Joker (courtesy of “The Triplets of Belleville” animator Sylvain Chomet) before hurtling through prison riots, courtroom faceoffs and a variety-show sequence that finds Phoenix and Gaga portraying a homicidal Sonny & Cher.

“The goal of this movie is to make it feel like it was made by crazy people,” Phillips says of his manic approach. “The inmates are running the asylum.”

“Joker: Folie à Deux” is set two years after the first film, which ended with Arthur shooting a Carson-like talk show host (Robert De Niro) dead on live television while outfitted as the Joker and inciting a citywide riot in the process. Now, Arthur is locked up in a psych ward and facing the death penalty. But after meeting a fellow patient, Harleen “Lee” Quinzel (Gaga), who is obsessed with him — or, rather, his alter ego, Joker — Arthur ditches his medication and prances into a fantasy world that often plays like the MGM musicals of yesteryear on acid.

As their bond intensifies, Arthur and Lee break into songs like “Get Happy,” “For Once in My Life” and “That’s Life” that convey their shifting emotions: He’s drawn to romantic ballads; she prefers music about power. Clearly, they want different things out of a relationship. Despite all the singing and dancing, Phillips struggles with the idea of labeling “Joker: Folie à Deux” a musical.

In many musicals, actors will sing along to a pre- recorded track. In this film, Phoenix and Gaga did everything live, accompanied by a piano player who performed off-camera, trying to keep up with whatever tempo they established. In the editing room, Phillips then tried to sync the radically different takes into a coherent whole, something that he describes as a “nightmare.”

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 6
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 3,670
On 8/20/2024 at 12:04 PM, DieWithAnOreo said:

I dont think this will be significant since there wasnt a huge radio deal in place

But for the song to continue rising as it is, it will have to face rolling. It won't drop but I don't think it will continue to rise as it has been rising. :awkney:

The best shots of the song reaching #1 would be first week or when it reaches its peak on radio. It will definitely drop in streams in its second week due to the natural drop on YouTube in week two.

A Popster Is Born 10,452
On 8/20/2024 at 5:09 PM, Osama said:

But for the song to continue rising as it is, it will have to face rolling. It won't drop but I don't think it will continue to rise as it has been rising. :awkney:

The best shots of the song reaching #1 would be first week or when it reaches its peak on radio. It will definitely drop in streams in its second week due to the natural drop on YouTube in week two.

A lot of smash hits are not hitting #1 first week and that's all okay. I don't see why DWAS would not follow this pattern as well 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 57,179
On 8/20/2024 at 11:07 AM, TheCureInChromatica said:

I just realize Katy has never reached the top 10 or top 20 or top 30 or top 40 or top 50 Apple Music US??

She’s been a tank since AM became a thing in 2015 so not surprising 

Maybe Chained to the Rhythm had some ok peak there

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,670
On 8/20/2024 at 12:11 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

A lot of smash hits are not hitting #1 first week and that's all okay. I don't see why DWAS would not follow this pattern as well 

Read what I said again.

A Popster Is Born 11,819

Worldwide, Katy Perry only has 1 song charting on Spotify, and its Wide Awake.

#175 Indonesia

#194 Malaysia

Good for her standards? :applause:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,526
On 8/20/2024 at 4:59 PM, Fame Romance said:

Screaming crying throwing up about the US AM #1

Only bad thing is that we have no new peak to look forward to :laughga:

That's the greatest thing and we can still look forward to the stable updates :oprah:

Moderator 7,749
On 8/20/2024 at 5:19 PM, Gagacharts said:

I retweeted it. Maybe a few new users will come.

Thanks buddy!

• paws up 1