Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Moderator 7,741

Her name is Lady Gaga, ladies and gentlemen. 

Just a few days ago we celebrated The Fame being 16 years old. In 2024 she still knows how to make a hit.

Thats what I call a legend :legend: 

Moderator 7,741

This is the current worldwide situation on Apple Music (for DWAS obviously):

Spoiler

Apple Music (5x #1):

• paws up 1

On 8/20/2024 at 9:53 AM, ReadyGaga said:

now imagine if this smash song (DWAS), the lead single and the Joker soundtrack serve A Star Is Born and the joker movie becomes an event: We could see a much bigger LG7 than Chromatica, it would probably do Renaissance numbers in the first week

Yes, I could potentially see LG7 clearing 300K if she rallies her fan base. Judging by what we've seen so far, it seems like the LG7 will be a fan pleaser with FM-like aesthetics and dark electropop/rock sound. If she secures a big smash with DWAS and times the release of LG7 with Joker for maximum GP exposure, I could see LG7 surpassing Chromatica's numbers during the first week. Chromatica still had a very strong debut despite the botched rollout.         

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,900
On 8/20/2024 at 12:16 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

This is the first time when I am not that excited by Gaga's smashing since the song was so underwhelming for me. However, I hope that it will help the LG7 lead single to secure a stronger debut. OGHs have predictably pivoted to "thank you Bruno," and they might become insufferable if this song smashes and Gaga's lead single underperforms.     

You need to know when to keep quiet..... respectfully ❤️

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,900
On 8/20/2024 at 12:26 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Is this Gaga's first #1 on Apple Music US? If I recall correctly, ROM peaked at #2.   

Yes

• paws up 1