Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Popster to Popster 3,870
On 8/19/2024 at 2:25 PM, nattuggla89 said:

I am surprised that this time Spotify is the 'struggeling' component while it performs much better on Apple Music. Do we think the rises of the last 24 hours on AM could indicate a rise on Spotify as well or do we need to wait for tomorrows update on?

the rise in AM is very indicative of at least a rise or stability in streams on Spotify. But in my opinions, the song will rise in streams in Spotify US while remaining stable worldwide.

• paws up 4

ARTPOPster 2,179
On 8/19/2024 at 10:25 AM, nattuggla89 said:

I am surprised that this time Spotify is the 'struggeling' component while it performs much better on Apple Music. Do we think the rises of the last 24 hours on AM could indicate a rise on Spotify as well or do we need to wait for tomorrows update on?

I don't know if this is still true or considered problematic but I remember that AM is more supportive of black artists or hip hop and rnb? Which explains why their top 10 is leaning more towards those genres than the spotify one, and why they got behind bruno 

• paws up 4

Popster to Popster 3,870
On 8/19/2024 at 2:26 PM, TheCureInChromatica said:

the rise in AM is very indicative of at least a rise or stability in streams on Spotify. But in my opinions, the song will rise in streams in Spotify US while remaining stable worldwide.

not to mention the toughest market for AM is in the US yet Die With A Smile, a ballad rising into the top 5 is just the most unpredictable of all. The rise in Spotify US would be amazing too. 

Popster to Popster 3,870
On 8/19/2024 at 2:32 PM, ARTPOP said:

I don't know if this is still true or considered problematic but I remember that AM is more supportive of black artists or hip hop and rnb? Which explains why their top 10 is leaning more towards those genres than the spotify one, and why they got behind bruno 

yet Bruno is NONE of those this time :billie:

Edited by TheCureInChromatica

ARTPOPster 2,179

Fantano posted his opinion about the song on youtube (at least it's in mid tier, not worst) and alll the top comments are disagreeing with him. Those are not monsters they're his own audience :whatga:

• paws up 5
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 6
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,801
On 8/19/2024 at 8:32 AM, ARTPOP said:

Thats true - think the song is on RnB playlists and AM has a large POC userbase?
the tiktoks are alot POC using the song too. So Gaga has tapped into a new audience with this song

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 31,657
On 8/19/2024 at 8:53 AM, TheCureInChromatica said:

@Miaou is shaking so badly sdkskksksksks

:abel_glow:

It looks like #5 will be its peak 

spacer.png

Edited by Miaou
  • lol 14
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,583
On 8/19/2024 at 8:35 AM, ARTPOP said:

Fantano posted his opinion about the song on youtube (at least it's in mid tier, not worst) and alll the top comments are disagreeing with him. Those are not monsters they're his own audience :whatga:

I could see that coming a mile away tbh. Nothing against him but I found it pretty strange that he put "Shallow" (aka THE most awarded song in history) in his worst tracks of the week back then, and now he's comparing this song to ASIB soundtrack unfavourably. Also panned SSOH while it was getting acclaim left and right. 

Had it been Beyoncé on this track I'm sure he'd be fawning at the mouth lmao. 

Edited by DieWithAnOreo
  • paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,583
On 8/19/2024 at 8:35 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Thats true - think the song is on RnB playlists and AM has a large POC userbase?
the tiktoks are alot POC using the song too. So Gaga has tapped into a new audience with this song

Definitely noticed that on tiktok as well. 

Popster This Way 880
On 8/19/2024 at 3:37 PM, ARTPOP said:

I read he was Afro-Latino 

I recall he’s half Asian(Filipino) half Latino

His real name is Peter Hernandez 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,388
On 8/19/2024 at 1:18 PM, Gabi said:

I recall he’s half Asian(Filipino) half Latino

His real name is Peter Hernandez 

The Latino part is Afro-Latino I think 

• paws up 1