Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

A Popster Is Born 10,464
On 8/17/2024 at 12:36 PM, FRANZGA said:

That's not true.. Please Me and Skate kinda underperformed

Skate's is forgivable tho as it is the 3rd single.. PLEASE ME on the other hand was just underwhelming

No shade at all but Please Me underperformance would be a pretty strong hit for Lady Gaga's standards :bebe:

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,534
On 8/17/2024 at 12:23 PM, boobatella said:

ngl i think LG7 will make more noise than this collab in terms of debut, a lot of fans don’t care about these Gaga side projects and only want pop music

I lurked on GGD and saw a lot of comments about not caring about the song and not streaming it because it’s a boring ballad and side project

That's what I was thinking. When the rumors of the collab appeared, a lot of liddos on Twitter were like 'I don't like Bruno, I don't care about their collab, where is LG7' etc. And Gaga stated clearly it's not LG7 related. So many fans don't feel the need to support the song. 

But the moment Gaga releases a song and names it LG7 lead they'll be on board, especially if it's the dark aesthetics she teased. 

Still don’t get why a song brought up by Bruno is released by Gaga and her label tho. 

On 8/17/2024 at 12:36 PM, FRANZGA said:

That's not true.. Please Me and Skate kinda underperformed

Skate's is forgivable tho as it is the 3rd single.. PLEASE ME on the other hand was just underwhelming

And Please Me still got massive youtube views, don’t know about Spotify. 

• paws up 3

Moderator 7,818
On 8/17/2024 at 12:42 PM, Thrasher said:

I mean, it’s her 2nd highest debut on Spotify Charts despite being MIA for 4 years (because Hand definitely didn’t connect with Spotify listeners… it was more of a iTunes/YouTube/Amazon Music song for elders to use)… 

It’s a cute start, we just need this to serve longevity (which on paper it’s already a given compared to Stupid Love for example) 

Which is sad bc HMH is such a beautiful song! If only they promoted this more. A performance at the oscars for example!

A Popster Is Born 11,534
On 8/17/2024 at 12:47 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Also the music is GOOD GOOD so we still win

Period. The song is excellent. I'm still so amazed how their voices blend together. The clip with isolated vocals showing it even more, they sound like one person. So incredible :enigma:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Kindness Admin 7,528
On 8/17/2024 at 12:47 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Also the music is GOOD GOOD so we still win

THIS

music video mic GIF

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,464

Currently watching the Youtubve reviews videos of the songs (not the one by gay pop stans :bebe:), but globally it's a very very well received song. Radios will eat this one so hard

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • love 1

Moderator 7,818

AM update:

DWAS is now at #2 in Iceland! 

How long will Brazil be the only #1 on this chart yet? :D

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711

ARUTW’s best WW position was #32 on Spotify and it ended up outstreaming #1s hit from 2018 :lesson: It also ended ROM who literally debuted at #1 with 6.7M streams :lesson:

I want the same incredible longevity for DWAS cause the song is near excellence just like ARUTW :lesson:

making a smash in the long run :lesson:

Edited by Miaou
  • paws up 11
  • thanks 1
  • love 2

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711

Also the MV is simple but iconic and match perfectible her both incredible voice so I hope it will serve longevity on YouTube :lesson:

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Moderator 7,818
On 8/17/2024 at 12:56 PM, Miaou said:

Also the MV is simple but iconic and match perfectible her both incredible voice so I hope it will serve longevity on YouTube :lesson:

Would be cool to see it getting VMA nominations next year XD

• love 1

Popster for Sale 44,641

I expected slightly better but this is not worrying at all. I dont think Gagas base shows up for this song the same way they do for her solo releases, none of my casual Gaga fan friends talked to me about this. Let's see how it does longevity-wise.

• paws up 5

Pop-a-911-ster 39,246

At least it’s doing amazing on AM!!!!!! I also am not gonna freakout freakout freakout (look at me)  about the Spotify update. I think we all knew all along that we would need longevity and HOPEFULLY this is what this song has.

I think this could do incredible in the long run. And let’s be honest withour selves…this is a Bruno sounding song and Gaga’s base wasn’t streaming it full blast. I thunk it’s a GREAT SIGN that this is Bruno’s biggest debut on Spotify ever. let’s keep it up!

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 4
  • love 2